US Climate Envoy: too late to save planet

You have claimed to be an economist, a farmer, a tycoon, a virologist, a psychologist, a brain surgeon, a heart surgeon, a veterinary organ transplant surgeon, a pork lecturer at university, Olympic coach, world’s record holder in extreme temperature bicycling…man, I had a good list with quotes on my old computer. This isn’t a tenth of your insane boasts. And that doesn’t even include doing farm chores at 120 below.
What do you mean by man?

You have claimed to be an economist, a farmer, a tycoon, a virologist, a psychologist, a brain surgeon, a heart surgeon, a veterinary organ transplant surgeon, a pork lecturer at university, Olympic coach, world’s record holder in extreme temperature bicycling…man, I had a good list with quotes on my old computer. This isn’t a tenth of your insane boasts. And that doesn’t even include doing farm chores at 120 below.
You can't furnish links to support your badgering?

Seems only a troll would badger someone and insist they meant something they obviously didn’t.
In your case something someone didn't say.

I can’t imagine any of you people have even the most basic understanding of climate change
Preach it bro

Al Gore goes on unhinged rant, claims we're "boiling the oceans" and creating "rain bombs" and "sucking the moisture out of the land and creating the droughts and melting the ice and raising the sea level"

More hype from the used car salesman

I think we are all familiar with your tall tales.
The ones you make up and can't link?
So badger?

You pull so much out of the air unattached to sources.

I’ve debated climate deniers for decades and have never even heard the term Minoan Warming Period.

When I Googled it the top link was WattsUpWithThat, the dishonest climate denier disinformation site.

I did see one post on Quora where a guy, who claimed a lot of credentials used the term, but said it was not as hot as today.

Yet, still, it might have resulted in the collapse of the great Bronze Age Civilizations.

The graph you posted cuts off at 1905 and links to Flikr and they reference a huge database that sells information rather than a site explaining the graph, so that is incredibly suspect.

Probably safe to just assume you got burned by dishonest climate denier propaganda.

I’ve debated climate deniers for decades and have never even heard the term Minoan Warming Period.
You not only have never debated, all you can do is handwaving and juvenile insults.
When I Googled it the top link was WattsUpWithThat, the dishonest climate denier disinformation site.
They reported on warmista liars.

I did see one post on Quora where a guy, who claimed a lot of credentials used the term, but said it was not as hot as today.

Why didn't the idiots you call sources predict the decline

Yet, still, it might have resulted in the collapse of the great Bronze Age Civilizations.

The graph you posted cuts off at 1905 and links to Flikr and they reference a huge database that sells information rather than a site explaining the graph, so that is incredibly suspect.

Probably safe to just assume you got burned by dishonest climate denier propaganda.

I've also seen it referred to as Bronze Age warm period.

So you stopped there?

Claim by some guy who claimed....

Possibly. Climate has had an effect on civilizations since there's been civilizations.
But most certainly wasn't due to burning fossil fuels.

The graph you posted cuts off at 1905

Well duh. It's temperature reconstructions based on ice core samples. Hence my questions.

and links to Flikr and they reference a huge database that sells information rather than a site explaining the graph, so that is incredibly suspect.

There are graphs of these reconstructions on many many sites. I just picked 2 that focus on this interglacial period.

How about this site-

The graph is about half way down. If you enlarge the right side you'll see the same spike around 1500 BC.

Did you check out the other linj in my last post?

I'll get back to this.

I've also seen it referred to as Bronze Age warm period.

So you stopped there?

Claim by some guy who claimed....

Possibly. Climate has had an effect on civilizations since there's been civilizations.
But most certainly wasn't due to burning fossil fuels.

Well duh. It's temperature reconstructions based on ice core samples. Hence my questions.

There are graphs of these reconstructions on many many sites. I just picked 2 that focus on this interglacial period.

How about this site-

The graph is about half way down. If you enlarge the right side you'll see the same spike around 1500 BC.

Did you check out the other linj in my last post?

I'll get back to this.

Are you referring to the graph that is labeled as “This graph is misleading for a number of reasons”?

I think we are done here.

"There are different methods for reconstructing past temperatures. The team combined two independent datasets – temperature data from marine sediments and computer simulations of climate – to create a more complete picture of the past."

Can't imagine how limiting the data to one climate proxy would create a more complete picture.

"Computer-simulated climate models, on the other hand, provide temperature information based on scientists' best understanding of the physics of the climate system, which also isn't perfect.

"The team decided to combine the methods to harness the strengths of each. This is called data assimilation and is also commonly used in weather forecasting."

And how accurate is that?

I've heard more than one meteorologist comment on the challenges of forecasting here in Michigan due to being nearly surrounded by water.

Can't imagine how limiting the data to one climate proxy would create a more complete picture.

So when Briffa calculated temps from tree rings in the Yamal peninsula, they actuallyselected the only tree which became famous.

YADO86

The tree ring circus rejected all the other trees.

This was a sample of an extremely incomplete picture.

They assumed temps effected tree ring. Not roots, shade, moisture,

Back