US Senate's Decision To Impeach

Dant01

Former US President Donald Trump's impeachment isn't strictly Constitutional-- i.e.
by the book --which is precisely why Chief Justice Roberts is taking no part in it.

The vote to construe Mr. Trump's impeachment as Constitutional wasn't a
legislative vote, rather, it was an opinion poll. In other words, at this point in time,
the US Senate is a kangaroo court, i.e. a lynch mob, just as it was in 1876 when it
tried Secretary of War William Belknap after he resigned.

Also: the decision to impeach Mr. Trump, if successful, opens the door for
impeaching all past, out of office, US Presidents; including Mr. Richard Nixon, who
himself resigned rather than be forced out of office. In point of fact, the
impeachment process was originally designed to remove a US President from office.
Mr. Trump is already out; same as Mr. Nixon was and same as Mr. Belknap.

Normally guilty verdicts rendered by the US Senate when impeaching a US
President cannot be appealed. But this time, the accused is a private citizen; which
means Mr. Trump may have solid legal grounds for an appeal should this fiasco go
south on him.

*In my opinion; the United States government is behaving like uneducated
hillbillies in this matter, and I can't help but wonder what the rest of the world is
thinking about our national stability right about now.
_

Dant01

It's common practice-- within Local, State, and Federal government, and among
private citizens --to assume that if something isn't explicitly forbidden by law, then
it's okay to do it.

I just learned recently that the 10th Amendment applies in situations like this.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited
by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

The key word in that is "delegated".

In a nutshell: the federal government has only those powers delegated to it by the
Constitution. Seeing as how the Constitution doesn't delegate power to the federal
government to impeach a former President; then it has no right to.

In other words: the Constitution must say that it's okay for the federal government
to impeach a former public officer. The Constitution's silence on the matter is not a
green light to proceed, rather, it's just the opposite; which means that if my
understanding of the 10th Amendment is correct, then Mr. Trump's impeachment is
illegal and i's no more Constitutional than a necktie party.

Also-- if my understanding of the 10th Amendment is correct --then had Chief
Justice Roberts chosen to preside over the impeachment of a former president, he
would've exceeded his authority because the Constitution only delegates him to
preside over the impeachments of presidents in office.

This is really big, and if Mr. Trump's lawyers have overlooked it; then shame on
them.
_

preacher4truth

His impeachment was based upon lies, out of context statements, fake tweets that the Leftists were too stupid on and made laughable errors in them. Yes, more #fakenews.

The bottom line is he didn't incite violence, it was a lie by the Left and MSM.

And...he's acquitted.

Time to go after Maxine Waters and other idiot democrats who actually DID incite violence.