Useful Q & A

cjab

That doesn't make any sense.

He already had that name.
Ditto with YHWH.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jn 1:1.

If the Word was God the Word was YHWH.

Jesus makes sense when you realize that "Jesus" was bestowed by God in anticipation of the fulfilment of God's word. I don't believe this refers to a retrospectively given name (although Revelation does also allude to names retrospectively given that no-one else knows - Rev 2:17, Rev 19:12). However in respect of known names, Jesus (Yah saves) was surely given in consideration of what he accomplished, and it is certainly the obvious name that is "above every name."

Our Lord's God

Ditto with YHWH.

Sorry, NO.

YHWH was/is somebody else. YHWH was Jesus Christ's God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jn 1:1.

If the Word was God the Word was YHWH.

Jesus makes sense when you realize that "Jesus" was bestowed by God in anticipation of the fulfilment of God's word. I don't believe this refers to a retrospectively given name (although Revelation does also allude to names retrospectively given that no-one else knows - Rev 2:17, Rev 19:12). However in respect of known names, Jesus (Yah saves) was surely given in consideration of what he accomplished, and it is certainly the obvious name that is "above every name."

cjab

Sorry, NO.

YHWH was/is somebody else. YHWH was Jesus Christ's God.
Sure he was "Jesus Christ's God." But I think you will also find Jesus specifically referring to his Father as the one true God. This denotes YHWH as a complex God, which is OK as the bible stresses that although God is complex, God is one.

For before Jesus Christ was born, the Word of God was encompassed along with the Father by the term YHWH in Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." This is also reflected in Jn 1:1.

YHWH is old testament.
The Son and the Father are new testament.

Our Lord's God

Sure he was "Jesus Christ's God."

God's God?

But I think you will also find Jesus specifically referring to his Father as the one true God. This denotes YHWH as a complex God, which is OK as the bible stresses that although God is complex, God is one.

For before Jesus Christ was born, the Word of God was encompassed along with the Father by the term YHWH in Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." This is also reflected in Jn 1:1.

YHWH is old testament.
The Son and the Father are new testament.

cjab

God's God?
No, Jesus Christ's God.

Act 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

(God did not raise God from the dead but Jesus from the dead.)

Dant01

Most Christians will readily attest that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man; while
in reality they only believe he was fully God.

When the Word of John 1:1 came into this world as the flesh of John 1:14, he didn't
come here as divine flesh, rather, he came as ordinary flesh (Rom 8:3). In point of
fact: as ordinary Hebrew flesh, i.e. he came as Abraham's natural posterity in
compliance with the details of a special promise.

Gen 28:14 . . In thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
(cf. Gal 3:8)

Now the thing is: Abraham wasn't a divine being, i.e. he was a normal man;
therefore Isaac was normal too because normal children are the only kind of people
that Abraham and Sarah were capable of generating. Hence, the seed promised by
Gen 28:14 was normal human seed rather than divine seed. (cf. Rom 1:3)

So then, in order for God to make it possible for a normal man to be seated on
His own throne as the supreme being of all beings, God had to promote that normal
man to the rank of God and bestow upon him the name of God, i.e. Jehovah.

The thing is: the Word of John 1:1 already held the rank of God, but the flesh that
the Word became in John 1:14 didn't hold the rank of God; in point of fact,
according to Phil 2:6-8, that flesh held no rank.

This matter is very confusing for some Christians, and nigh unto impossible for them
to accept so I don't try to cram it down their throats. In their own time, it will come
to them and they'll get it.
_

Our Lord's God

No, Jesus Christ's God.

Act 4:10 "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

(God did not raise God from the dead but Jesus from the dead.)

So that was not God the Son who was raised from the dead but somebody else, right?

cjab

So that was not God the Son who was raised from the dead but somebody else, right?
Right. It was the son of God.

God the Son != son of God.

God the Son = God = not found in the bible.
son of God = Human = found in the bible.

If you don't use biblical terminology, the bible will be very difficult to understand. You will have to apply philosophy and even then you won't grasp it (fully). That's why it's always best to stick to biblical terms i.e. son of God. Son of God is always defined to be a human being in the bible, whether the term is applied to Christ, or to Adam (Luke 3:38).

Dant01

7» What's The Difference Between Immortality And Eternal life?

Immortality has to do with a body that will neither age nor die of natural causes.

The negative side of immortality is it's impermanence. In other words: immortality
isn't indelible, i.e. it can be washed out; so to speak. For example: Adam's body
was created with immortality, but lost it as a result of him eating a certain fruit
known to be off limits for human consumption.

Whereas immortality has to do with the constitution of a being's body, eternal life
has to do with the constitution of one's being, i.e. the very core of their existence.

I am a man, ergo: the core of my being is human nature; whereas God is a deity,
so the core of His being is divine nature. The advantages of divine nature become
very apparent when it's juxtaposed with human nature.

When I was a youngster; it occurred to me that if my propensities and proclivities
were like God's, then it would be very easy to get into Heaven, and very easy to
stay in Heaven without ever getting evicted because doing what's right would come
just as natural to me as it does for God, i.e. God has no difficulty getting along with
God; so if I had divine nature instead of human nature, then I too would have no
difficulty getting along with God.

So it's readily seen that whereas immortality is beneficial; eternal life is far more
desirable because of its potential for making ordinary people super holy.
_

cjab

7» What's The Difference Between Immortality And Eternal life?

Immortality has to do with a body that will neither age nor die of natural causes.

The negative side of immortality is it's impermanence. In other words: immortality
isn't indelible, i.e. it can be washed out; so to speak. For example: Adam's body
was created with immortality, but lost it as a result of him eating a certain fruit

Don't agree fully. For God said,

Gen 3:22 "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:"

So immortality was only to be gained by Adam by "eating of the tree of life."

(Gen 3:23 "Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.")

So it wasn't a case of Adam losing immortality, but never becoming immortal. Why was it necessary for Adam not to become immortal? As a sinner, it would mean that Adam would become an immortal sinner if he ate from the tree of life, like Satan. So God acted to prevent this.

Note that this same "tree of life" is in the New Jerusalem, and outside it and everywhere round about (Rev 22:2,14 etc.)

Whereas immortality has to do with the constitution of a being's body, eternal life
has to do with the constitution of one's being, i.e. the very core of their existence.

I am a man, ergo: the core of my being is human nature; whereas God is a deity,
so the core of His being is divine nature. The advantages of divine nature become
very apparent when it's juxtaposed with human nature.
The dichotomy is imperfect because anyone can have both a human nature and a divine nature, or perhaps we should say, participate in the divine nature, which is not limited to Christ, although the full measure of it is limited to Christ.

2Pe 1:4 "Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires."

So those who say the "divine nature" was reserved for Christ alone aren't telling the whole story, for all Christians are required to participate in it.

Dant01

According to Rev 22:2, the tree of life is medicinal, i.e. a remedy for whatever ails
you.

Adam's body became infected with mortality when he tasted the forbidden fruit.
The tree of life would've cured his condition and restored his body to perfect health
had God allowed him access.

The problem is, people tend to take advantage of medicine in order to continue
their bad habits. For example; treatments for STDs enable immoral folk to continue
their swinging life style with little fear of permanent consequences. The same can
be said for folk with high cholesterol numbers. Statins make it possible for them to
keep on eating foods that are bad for them

Had Adam been allowed free access to the tree of life, he and his wife would've no
doubt routinely included fruit from the forbidden tree in their diets seeing as how its
detrimental effects on their health could've been easily remedied by the tree of life.
_

Dant01

8» Name The Special Sabbaths.

First and final day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Ex 12:16, Lev 23:5-8)

Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23:23-25)

Yom Kippur (Lev 16:30-31)

First and final day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Lev 16:34-36, Lev 16:39)
_

Dant01

9» Whence Did Mary Get The Y Chromosome For Baby Jesus?

In the beginning, God constructed a fully functioning woman from some material
taken from a man's body. Well; if God could construct an entire woman with
material taken from a man's body, then it shouldn't be too hard for him to construct
a teensy little male chromosome with material taken from a woman's body.

Now; it was essential that Jesus' Y chromosome not be created ex nihilo because he
had to be Man-- not just human but Man; as he spoke of himself on numerous
occasions throughout the gospel narratives. Were Jesus' Y chromosome to be
derived from some other source than Adam's biological posterity, then he might be
human but he wouldn't be Man as Man is defined in the book of Genesis.
_

cjab

9» Whence Did Mary Get The Y Chromosome For Baby Jesus?

In the beginning, God constructed a fully functioning woman from some material
taken from a man's body. Well; if God could construct an entire woman with
material taken from a man's body, then it shouldn't be too hard for him to construct
a teensy little male chromosome with material taken from a woman's body.

Now; it was essential that Jesus' Y chromosome not be created ex nihilo because he
had to be Man-- not just human but Man; as he spoke of himself on numerous
occasions throughout the gospel narratives. Were Jesus' Y chromosome to be
derived from some other source than Adam's biological posterity, then he might be
human but he wouldn't be Man as Man is defined in the book of Genesis.
_
Presumably the Y chromosome was constructed to be that of Joseph's, to preserve the Joseph lineage as the Bible records it. As for your distinction between "Man" and "Human", and ex nihilo and non ex nihilo, it is I think just nitpicking the English labguage; and whatever distinction you are positing, which is unclear to me, unlikely to be realized in the OT & NT, vis-a-vis Adam and Anthropos.

Dant01

10» How was Joseph related to baby Jesus?

Joseph was instructed to name Mary's baby.

Matt 1:21 . . She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus

Joseph complied.

Matt 1:25 . . And he gave him the name Jesus.

So Christ went in the books as Joseph's son because that's how it worked in those
days when a man stood with a woman to name her child. (cf. Luke 1:59 and Luke
2:21)

From that day on; Joseph was legally bound to Jesus as his father. (Matt 13:55,
Luke 2:27, Luke 2:41, and Luke 2:48)

NOTE: Adoption is very advantageous for children because it gives them not only a
legal right to their adoptive father's name and a position in his genealogy, but also
inheritance rights equal to biological children. This is very important in matters
related to not only the man's estate, but also his status. In other words: it's
possible for a child to circumvent blood, and go from pauper to prince by just the
stroke of a pen.
_

Dant01

11» Was The Forbidden Fruit Toxic?

Eve was first to taste the forbidden fruit; and when she did, nothing happened. She
didn't get sick, and she went right on in the buff as before without the slightest
guilt feelings about frontal nudity. It wasn't till Adam tasted the fruit that she
underwent a change in her feelings about decency.
_

Dant01

12» Wasn't Adam Supposed To Die Right Away? (Gen 2:16-17)

Yes; absolutely; however, the death that came upon him wasn't what might be
expected.

Adam was created with immortality (Gen 1:26-27). The consequence for eating the
forbidden fruit was the loss of his immortality. In other words; Adam's death came
upon him as a walking death in the form of mortality. As a result, mortality became
a pandemic malady: we all have it; and the only natural remedy known for treating
mortality is the tree of life; to which no one yet has been allowed access.
_

cjab

12» Wasn't Adam Supposed To Die Right Away? (Gen 2:16-17)

Yes; absolutely; however, the death that came upon him wasn't what might be
expected.

Adam was created with immortality (Gen 1:26-27). The consequence for eating the
forbidden fruit was the loss of his immortality. In other words; Adam's death came
upon him as a walking death in the form of mortality. As a result, mortality became
a pandemic malady: we all have it; and the only natural remedy known for treating
mortality is the tree of life; to which no one yet has been allowed access.
_
The bible says that Adam had to be precluded from the tree of life to inhibit immortality.

Gen 3:22 "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever."

Note: "take also of the tree of life and live forever."

The inference is (a) that Adam hadn't yet taken from the tree of life at that point, (b) could only become immortal by taking from it, (c) wouldn't in consequence of eating the forbidden fruit be allowed to take from it.

Gen 1:26-27 doesn't say Adam was created with immortality, but suggests only that he was created with an aspiration to immortality provided he didn't sin.

Dant01

According to Rev 22:2, the tree of life is medicinal, i.e. a remedy for whatever ails
you.

Adam's body became infected with mortality when he tasted the forbidden fruit.
The tree of life would've cured his condition and restored his body to perfect health
had God allowed him access.

The problem is, people tend to take advantage of medicine in order to continue
their bad habits. For example; treatments for STDs enable immoral folk to continue
their swinging life style with little fear of permanent consequences. The same can
be said for folk with high cholesterol numbers. Statins make it possible for them to
keep on eating foods that are bad for them

Had Adam been allowed free access to the tree of life, he and his wife would've no
doubt routinely included fruit from the forbidden tree in their diets seeing as how its
detrimental effects on their health could've been easily remedied by the tree of life.

According to Rev 22:2, the tree of life can be used as a medication to treat other
conditions besides mortality. If we had access to it in our day, we could use it to
cure people stricken with HIV, Alzheimer's, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Cancer,
Diabetes, Cirrhosis, High Blood Pressure, etc. That tree would free many of us from
depending as much as we do on Big Pharma for survival.

In the beginning Adam was completely naked, which strongly suggests to me that
he made use of the tree practically every day for common conditions like sun burn,
abrasions, rash, and insect bites which, again, strongly suggests to me that in His
own time, the creator would've eventually gotten around to showing the people
how to make clothing, not so much for modesty, but primarily to protect their skin.
_

Dant01

13» Why Were Mary And Joseph Chosen For Jesus' Parents?

It was due to a combination of genetics and the moment.

1) Mary was a Jew biologically related to David (Rom 1:3) and

2) Joseph was a Jew biologically related to David (Matt 1:20) and

3) Their confluence in history. (Gal 4:4)
_