Utter nonsense. 90% refer to the Triune God.

Yahchristian

Of the 1,300+ instances of θεος in the NT, at least 98% refer to the Father
Utter nonsense. 90% refer to the Triune God.

Just to clarify our views...

Does the word “God” in the phrase “the Son of God” refer to (A) God the Father or (B) the Triune God?

I say (A) God the Father, and I believe to be called the “Son” (capital S) of God means to be God “incarnate”.

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:5... For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Last edited:
I believe to be called the “Son” (capital S) of God means to be God “incarnate”.

Luke 1:35... And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Does the word “God” in the phrase “the Son of God” refer to (A) God the Father or (B) the Triune God?

I say (A) God the Father, and I believe to be called the “Son” (capital S) of God means to be God “incarnate”.

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:5... For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.
Well their it is, your "Modalism" is finally clearly revealed. You just admitted that the phrase "the Son of God actually refers to "(A) God the Father." How can the person of Jesus Christ the Son of God be God the Father"

And the verses you quoted above does "NOT" mean that the person of God the Father was manifest in the flesh. Also Hebrews 1:5, you have the Father (Thou) identifying His own Son so how can the Son be God the Father? Your "busted" Mr. Modalism.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Well their it is, your "Modalism" is finally clearly revealed. You just admitted that the phrase "the Son of God actually refers to "(A) God the Father." How can the person of Jesus Christ the Son of God be God the Father"

My question was...

My answer was...

(A) God the Father

So I believe...

The phrase “the Son of God” means “the Son of God the Father”.

Are YOU able to answer the question...

A ONLY.
Next question.................

A ONLY.
Next question.................
God refers to YHWH, known as the Father.
Known as Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

@johnny guitar you seem to have given two different answers to my question...

@JNelson answered... YHWH, known as the Father

So @johnny guitar is this your answer... God the Father ONLY

Or is this your answer... YHWH Known as Father, Son, Holy Spirit

@johnny guitar you seem to have given two different answers to my question...

@JNelson answered... YHWH, known as the Father

So @johnny guitar is this your answer... God the Father ONLY

Or is this your answer... YHWH Known as Father, Son, Holy Spirit
Nelson was averring God ALWAYS refers to The Father ONLY.
I was responding to that false assertion.

Nelson was averring God ALWAYS refers to The Father ONLY.
I was responding to that false assertion.

I asked... Does the word “God” in the phrase “the Son of God” refer to (A) God the Father or (B) the Triune God?

JNelson answered... God refers to YHWH, known as the Father.

The context of the question is the phrase “the Son of God”.

Please post YOUR answer to the question.

YOU had said concerning the word "God" in the NT, "90% refer to the Triune God".

I am trying to determine if this instance is part of the 90% or the 10%.

Last edited:
I asked... Does the word “God” in the phrase “the Son of God” refer to (A) God the Father or (B) the Triune God?

JNelson answered... God refers to YHWH, known as the Father.

The context of the question is the phrase “the Son of God”.

Please post YOUR answer to the question.

YOU had said concerning the word "God" in the NT, "90% refer to the Triune God".

I am trying to determine if this instance is part of the 90% or the 10%.
Obviously the word God in the phrase " The Son of God" refers to The Father.
Context determines WHO the word God refers to.

Back