Uvaldie Texas School Shooting. Who Left The Door Open?

Harry Leggs

It appears the now-dead shooter gained entry into the school thru an open door? They are talking about everything but. The shooter cannot shoot up the school if access is denied because the doors are locked like they should be. 19 children, 2 adults dead. The doors have to be locked in schools. If not locked then heads will roll.

It appears the now-dead shooter gained entry into the school thru an open door? They are talking about everything but. The shooter cannot shoot up the school if accesss is denied because the doors are locked like they should be.

First the cops name was Erik Estrada???? Hilarious.

Next it said he was engaged by police officers and they couldn't stop him??? This was before he shot the kids i take it? They didn't know he had a rifle and body armor? Lots of questions.

First the cops name was Erik Estrada???? Hilarious.

Next it said he was engaged by police officers and they couldn't stop him??? This was before he shot the kids i take it? They didn't know he had a rifle and body armor? Lots of questions.
Exactly. Cops engaged before he shot the school up? Obviously engaged does not mean detained or frisked, or otherwise put a stop to it. What was the cops. Old fat guys?

Exactly. Cops engaged before he shot the school up? Obviously engaged does not mean detained or frisked, or otherwise put a stop to it. What was the cops. Old fat guys?
Not sure but shouldn't an uninvited visitor be detained until their business for being can be verified?

It appears the now-dead shooter gained entry into the school thru an open door? They are talking about everything but.
False. It was already mentioned, several times.

I assume you're familiar with the term "fog of war". Now's not the time to go analyzing minutiae; give it another day, and then you can launch into tirades about responsibility and politics and legislation...

Not sure but shouldn't an uninvited visitor be detained until their business for being can be verified?
That is the way it is supposed to work. At the front entrance. To be buzzed in. I don't know how it was done in that school. Sounds like they had security there and it failed

False. It was already mentioned, several times.

I assume you're familiar with the term "fog of war". Now's not the time to go analyzing minutiae; give it another day, and then you can launch into tirades about responsibility and politics and legislation...
You want us to wait for your Fake News spin?

You added this later to your original but I fail to see this as a justification as to why the door was open in the first place and why was it open to allow access to an armed intruder. We also fail to see how the shooter had police contact prior to entering the school and was allowed to go on to enter the school? From the article
---------------------------
He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department,” Estrada told CNN’s Don Lemon. The officers weren’t able to stop Ramos, so they asked for assistance from a tactical agency, Estrada said. “A tactical agency came in and was able to eliminate the threat and bring the suspect down,” he added.

Officials have not been clear on how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in several classrooms
---------------------

It sounds like two incidences where the shooter was engaged by police and yet still managed to breach the school thru an open door and kill at least 18 students. That sounds like failure by any metric.

You added this later to your original but I fail to see this as a justification as to why the door was open in the first place and why was it open to allow access to an armed intruder. We also fail to see how the shooter had police contact prior to entering the school and was allowed to go on to enter the school? From the article
---------------------------
He was engaged by an Uvalde ISD police officer who works here at the school. And then after that, he was engaged by two other officers from the Uvalde Police Department,” Estrada told CNN’s Don Lemon. The officers weren’t able to stop Ramos, so they asked for assistance from a tactical agency, Estrada said. “A tactical agency came in and was able to eliminate the threat and bring the suspect down,” he added.

Officials have not been clear on how Ramos managed to get past the officers and open fire in several classrooms
---------------------

It sounds like two incidences where the shooter was engaged by police and yet still managed to breach the school thru an open door and kill at least 18 students. That sounds like failure by any metric.
It says he was engaged by officers

It appears the now-dead shooter gained entry into the school thru an open door? They are talking about everything but. The shooter cannot shoot up the school if access is denied because the doors are locked like they should be. 19 children, 2 adults dead. The doors have to be locked in schools. If not locked then heads will roll.

I had wondered how he got in. If it had been a school he was a student at, that would be a bit easier to understand. But most schools these days if you're not a parent or teacher, you're not getting in easily unless someone screwed up somewhere.

I had wondered how he got in. If it had been a school he was a student at, that would be a bit easier to understand. But most schools these days if you're not a parent or teacher, you're not getting in easily unless someone screwed up somewhere.
These type of events are rare overall. Esp in grade schools. I do not recall this type of thing in a grade school so they probably do not think of security in grade schools. There have been incidences with divorced parents and the boyfriend picking up the student and having a run-in with the father. But not an outside shooter breaching the school thru an open door. I did talk to teachers about this and they said they would not carry guns in schools. They would quit. They said the way kids are these days the students would take the gun away and shoot the teacher.

These type of events are rare overall. Esp in grade schools. I do not recall this type of thing in a grade school so they probably do not think of security in grade schools. There have been incidences with divorced parents and the boyfriend picking up the student and having a run-in with the father. But not an outside shooter breaching the school thru an open door. I did talk to teachers about this and they said they would not carry guns in schools. They said the way kids are these days the students would take the gun away and shoot the teacher.
No, my wife worked for elementary schools until covid. After Sandy Hook especially, all schools basically had locked front doors that require you to be buzzed in, then you go into a sort of 'airlock' area where you have to show what your purpose is there, along with an ID with the receptionist, before she/he buzzes you in further, letting you into the school itself.

No, my wife worked for elementary schools until covid.
You told me that. She quit. A lot do
After Sandy Hook especially, all schools basically had locked front doors that require you to be buzzed in, then you go into a sort of 'airlock' area where you have to show what your purpose is there, along with an ID with the receptionist, before she/he buzzes you in further, letting you into the school itself.
Yup

Back