Various from the Mormonism forum

e v e

Cannot sin because I am born of God. See 1 John 3:9. Read all of 1 John 3- He really does take away the sins of this world you just dont beleive Him that He does. He doesnt wash over your sins, He takes away sin. .

In CHrist there is no sin, impossible to be in sin, it is those who are outside of Christ and not anointed of God who are the sinner.

Are you a sinner? If so read 1 John 8, it tells clearly who you are of. If you are of God read V 9. ANd it isnt about practicing sin as some try and explain v 9 away, it is about God taking away the sins of this world from you.

And if you do take time to read 1 John 3 and actually apply it ylou will see clearly that whan you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. ANd to be like Him does not include sin it includes rightyeousness.

If you say you are of Christ yet a sinner then that not only makes the one you say you follow a liar for clearly in Christ is without sin, it makes you a liar as well. .
If you met Christ you would not say what you say

Gary Mac

some, view this body which is the FLESH as His temple (which is impossible... flesh cannot enter the kingdom)...
they scoff at eden... scoff at the existence of the other world...
twist the term flesh to limit it to actions or mental states in this world...
and then attribute to God the creating of this flesh
Which is ADAM'S fault Not God's... for the fall
caused a corruption
but instead they want to revel in this world
and its flesh and all its needs and wants...

You really do not have a clue that His kingdom is Spirit. Your assesment is from your flesh man, from a carnal mind instead of a spirit mind that God is.
this body is Flesh, Sin.
Agreed
If one is in it, then one is in sin nature.
Wrong, I am in this world but not of it, I am of His kingdom that is SPirit.
Does this mean we are of it? No.
Does this mean we are of this world? No.
It means that the situation that Adam caused, was cosmological,
and anyone in a body here on this earth WILL SIN and is in the sin situation...
Even Adam gaind spiritual knowledge and became like God to know this difference from the mortal man ans the spirit man. Someting you do not seem to be able to relate to to become like Him instread of this carnal mind that you preach from.
so those claiming to be sinless, the only way that could be true --
(in a limited sense because still in the body which is utter depravity no matter how you spin it!) --
is that one's core, the soul He made,
is true to Him and sweet, and listening Him... and separating herself from this world...
and the needs and wants of it..... even though all the while,
well aware of the ball and chain this flesh is and that it is a trial, and waiting to be out of here and away from
it and all its trials... point is that the situation of being in this body means we are all still in Sin Nature.
All the nature, all around us from germs to trees to animals is SIN nature,
corrupted by the fall... and NOT the nature of His Creation, which is Eden
and He declared Good. Much here is NOT good, and the nature here DOES NOT LOVE.
Acxtually if you are born of God, and have His same SPirit t is imp[ossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9. If you are a sinner then you follow another, see verse 8 it tells clear who you follow as a sinner.
the point is to Go to our imperishable being, which Paul describes and have our Change
to our imperishable being.

eden and the body we had in eden,
which is the spiritual body, is His temple,

and is what the sons will be restored to...
and it is far superior in every way to this type body that rots and dies
and suffers disabilities... Paul refers to it as imperishable...
and it is what we hope for... and what we can be elected to receive,
as 144k.
Once one is of Gods kingdom, His SPirit, there is no more going back to Eden which is the place for law.
its clear that the early church waited expectant for His return...
and that ever since many have turned to cynical rejection of His deity
and of the other world, where eden is...
and simply resigned themselves to being creatures of this world,
even calling it a Gift from Him... when it's a trial...and scripture
says that His souls will have trials...
Just as you are wating for his return to eden that you state is coming someday to be restored and cannot see the One at your door this day waiting for you to let Him.
some, view this body which is the FLESH as His temple (which is impossible... flesh cannot enter the kingdom)...
they scoff at eden... scoff at the existence of the other world...
twist the term flesh to limit it to actions or mental states in this world...
and then attribute to God the creating of this flesh
Which is ADAM'S fault Not God's... for the fall
caused a corruption
but instead they want to revel in this world
and its flesh and all its needs and wants...

this body is Flesh, Sin.

Flesh is not His temple His temple is the SPirit of man. All you seeis an ape and you dont undersatnd Him at all. And as long as you are waiting for God to restore eden, and you have not met Him face to face with Him to met Him whjere He is this day to restore you, then you do not have a real God at all for your god is yet to come and restore you to His kingdom.

e v e

You really do not have a clue that His kingdom is Spirit. Your assesment is from your flesh man, from a carnal mind instead of a spirit mind that God is.

Agreed

Wrong, I am in this world but not of it, I am of His kingdom that is SPirit.

Even Adam gaind spiritual knowledge and became like God to know this difference from the mortal man ans the spirit man. Someting you do not seem to be able to relate to to become like Him instread of this carnal mind that you preach from.

Acxtually if you are born of God, and have His same SPirit t is imp[ossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9. If you are a sinner then you follow another, see verse 8 it tells clear who you follow as a sinner.

Once one is of Gods kingdom, His SPirit, there is no more going back to Eden which is the place for law.

Just as you are wating for his return to eden that you state is coming someday to be restored and cannot see the One at your door this day waiting for you to let Him.

Flesh is not His temple His temple is the SPirit of man. All you seeis an ape and you dont undersatnd Him at all. And as long as you are waiting for God to restore eden, and you have not met Him face to face with Him to met Him whjere He is this day to restore you, then you do not have a real God at all for your god is yet to come and restore you to His kingdom.
you used to say that He made this flesh and that this body was his temple.

I am happy to see you revised that point of view. congratulations!

Gary Mac

you used to say that He made this flesh and that this body was his temple.
No I never have stated that He made this flesh, you did as in an ape if I recal. This flesh man is only the temple for His mind, or spirit as it is refered to in the bible. Mind is spirit.
I am happy to see you revised that point of view. congratulations!
It doesnt matter one bit how I got here as a man, what matters is who I Am while I am here.

Trying to figure out technical difficulties are for elementary mind in their understanding where they try and figure out how an eden will come and be restored. .

e v e

No I never have stated that He made this flesh, you did as in an ape if I recal. This flesh man is only the temple for His mind, or spirit as it is refered to in the bible. Mind is spirit.

It doesnt matter one bit how I got here as a man, what matters is who I Am while I am here.

Trying to figure out technical difficulties are for elementary mind in their understanding where they try and figure out how an eden will come and be restored. .
Flesh is not a temple of anything of His.

Our Lord's God

Another question given to me is whether Christians are sinless after they are saved. While there are 1 or 2 individuals here in the forums who actually believe they have become sinless, that is not generally what Christians believe.

1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (KJV)

The KJV rendering sounds like it means we "stop sinning" after we are born of God. But I believe this is an inadequate rendering. Let's compare with a modern translation:

1John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. (ESV)

So it really means:

"All those who have been born of God don't sin as much as before..........."

Right?

The ESV renders it, "makes a practice of sinning". This is consistent with the underlying Greek, which is in the present tense, but has continuous aspect, "continues to sin". In English, the time factor is more important, but in the Greek, the aspect is more important.

So while Christians continue to stumble and sin, it is no longer a "habit", or a "practice", we stumble into it, instead of desiring to jump head-long into it.

Another factor is that even though we still physically sin, God no longer SEES our sin, or attributes our sin to us, as that sin has been atoned for on the cross, and when God looks at us, He sees Christ's righteousness instead.

Gary Mac

If you met Christ you would not say what you say
If you met the Christ, you anointed of God by His SPirit, you would be anointed of God as Jesus was anointed of God to have His same mind, same Spirit, same disposition.