Vatican defrocks US Cardinal for sexual misconduct....

If you don't see it as Catholics see it, it's difficult to explain. Again, it's kind of like as a child calling out to your mother, it doesn't mean you disdain your father or other members of your family. Sometimes you might have a special connection with someone in the family.
I know perfectly well what you are talking about.
In the first place, Mary is not our motner. In the second place, we are not talking about children in an earthly family calling out to their earthly moms for help, when they are hurt, or need something. Those mothers are alive upon this earth, same as the children. And we do not worship our mothers, or call them "only hope for sinners." JPII's first instinct was to call on Mary for help in a life or death situation. But God tells us to call on HIM in time of trouble, Doesn't He? That HE is a very present help in time of trouble--isn't He?

You explanation is a feeble attempt to justify the unjustifiable. Sad.

Have you joined the knighthood thingy yet? You seem a cut above the usual RCC apologist I've seen online (in a positive way).
Haha thanks. I enjoy studying and discussing theological stuff, so this is a bit of fun really (sometimes too much - it can be distracting). What's your background?

Beatification doesn't mean that the person never sinned and, assuming that Pope St John Paul II did know about these allegations but did nothing about them, doesn't automatically mean that he is not in heaven.
And since the whole "Beutification concept" is nothing but typical Roman Catholic ceremonial garbage with no Spiritual significance at all, it couldn't matter less one way or the other.

BUT HEY!!!! AT LEAST Bergoglio did the right thing for a change, and took appropriate action against one the church's criminal representatives.

Whether JP2 is in HEAVEN or not depends on NOTHING OTHER THAN whether or not he was a Born Again Christian.

And since the whole "Beutification concept" is nothing but typical Roman Catholic ceremonial garbage with no Spiritual significance at all, it couldn't matter less one way or the other.

BUT HEY!!!! AT LEAST Bergoglio did the right thing for a change, and took appropriate action against one the church's criminal representatives.

Whether JP2 is in HEAVEN or not depends on NOTHING OTHER THAN whether or not he was a Born Again Christian.
This is most certainly true. :) (what can I say, I'm Lutheran)

She doesn't have to be married to God the Father - she is Christ's mum!

Also, what is meant in John's Gospel about giving the "beloved disciple" Mary as his mother?
Jesus gave Mary to John to care for her, so he took care of her as if she was his mother. Jesus did not give her to ALL of us. You are reading into the verse what is not there.

She doesn't have to be married to God the Father - she is Christ's mum!

Also, what is meant in John's Gospel about giving the "beloved disciple" Mary as his mother?
Some RCs on these threads have called her the spouse of the Holy Spirit and that is how they justify the PV myth.

If you don't see it as Catholics see it, it's difficult to explain. Again, it's kind of like as a child calling out to your mother, it doesn't mean you disdain your father or other members of your family. Sometimes you might have a special connection with someone in the family.

You can try and justify your myths as much as you like. It does not make it right. It is Jesus who saves us and no were does scripture make Mary the mother of the church or our mothers. That is stretching one verse beyond its breaking point. No apostle prayed to her after she died.

How is Mary not related to you? If you are Jesus' sister and Mary is Jesus' mother, she is also your mother. As we see in John's Gospel, Jesus gave his mother to his "beloved disciple" - that is, to all of us.
What a log of hooey! Jesus gave His Mom to ONE disciple, John, and he took her into his home. How is that all of us?

Last edited:
I am stunned how an op has got lost by diversion. Now the topic is Mary whose mother? Well done Jon.

It has spiritual significance for the Catholic and Orthodox concept of "communion of the saints", where we believe the dead who are saved are alive with God, love us and intercede for us.

Back