video of dems protesting electoral votes

Simpletruther

No, there's not...sorry. What the Trumpites have done in regard to this election is unparalleled in US history and will go down as one of the more deplorable actions in it.
Nay, sorry I just posted a link objectively proving dems did some of the same things being outraged over now

Simpletruther

I'm not sure what the word in red was supposed to be.

However, if you want to demonstrate hypocrisy, you have to take it all into account: the actual behavior, the complaint and the context in which the complaint was made. Anything can be made to look hypocritical if you ignore the context...
And anything can be made to look non hypocritical with obfuscating claims of context.

outrage was launched specifically at those objecting to electoral and claiming the act as undermining democracy blah blah blah. The exact thing some of them did before and were applauded.

Simpletruther

I think you imagined that.

And we both know my claim is correct.
And yet there is a public record above where I made a truthful claim (both sides objected to electoral) and you pretended to refute my making a different claim (Both sides did not remotely do what the Republicans are diong now)

We both known there is a reason why you didn't directly refute my claim with a retort of (both sides did not object to electoral). That would have been a lie on your part.

Indeed my c!aim is an objective undeniable fact.

Electric Skeptic

And yet there is a public record above where I made a truthful claim (both sides objected to electoral) and you pretended to refute my making a different claim (Both sides did not remotely do what the Republicans are diong now)
No, there is not.
We both known there is a reason why you didn't directly refute my claim with a retort of (both sides did not object to electoral). That would have been a lie on your part.

Indeed my c!aim is an objective undeniable fact.
Which nobody ever disputed.

Waltz

My concern is the woman who was shot and killed by an officer. I can't remember any rioters getting shot by the cops in the parade of major cities, including DC. Could be wrong. We need an investigation into all the issues here. Like the early warnings from the FBI that were ignored. And the killings.

Simpletruther

This has always been about more than simply contesting the EC vote count, and you know it. Stop being disingenuous and pretending you don't.
THis what?

There were criticisms directly aimed at senators specifically for protesting. Regardless of other issues, that one act was heavily criticized.

Ignatius

The article tries to draw an equivalence between two things that are not equivalent. On one hand we have the Democrats of 2000 and 2004 speaking out about what they saw as irregularities with those elections. Just speaking out, taking no legal action. On the other hand we have the Republican Senators actually talking the legal step of refusing to accept the votes of the electoral college, and Trump himself recorded in an hour-long call with the Georgia GOP Secretary of State alternately cajoling him and threating him to "find 18,000 votes" for him. That is against both Georgia Law and Federal elections law to solicit a fraudulent vote count. These two scenarios are as different as night and day.
Is what they did illegal? Yes or no?

Whateverman

There were criticisms directly aimed at senators specifically for protesting.
Not only for protesting, no. No there weren't.

Do me a favor: cite a specific example or two of the kind of criticism you're referring to, and provide a link for each.

Last edited: