Vision in the cornfield

Formersda

The SDA church most erroneous doctrine was based on a vision in a cornfield the day after the “great disappointment“ of 22 October 1844.
The link I provide is from SDA own sources, it shows a letter Hiram Edson wrote about that time period. I would like people to note as per his own admission he had been awake all day 22 October and all night, if you are sleep deprived you will see things which are not there.

Formersda

On the back of this, for the SDA church to state they got their doctrines from the bible is a blatant lie.

What they did was take this vision and twist scripture to fit in with this vision. And as posted Desmond Fords paper on this proves this is in fact what happened.

Indeed, EGW in her own words states that the doctrines where agreed AFTER her visions.

”When they came to the point in their study where they said, “We can do nothing more,” the Spirit of the Lord would come upon me, I would be taken off in vision, and a clear explanation of the passages we had been studying would be given me, with instruction as to how we are to labor and teach effectively. Thus light was given that helped us to understand the scriptures in regard to Christ, His mission, and His priesthood. A line of truth extending from that time to the time when we shall enter the city of God, was made plain to me, and I gave to others the instruction that the Lord had given to me” https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/763.678#701

JonHawk

With His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Indeed, EGW in her own words states that the doctrines where agreed AFTER her visions.

Thus light was given that helped us to understand the scriptures in regard to Christ, His mission, and His priesthood. A line of truth extending from that time ...” https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/763.678#701
The Heavenly Sanctuary
But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Hebrews 9:11

Giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. Col 1:10-15

Last edited:

SDAchristian

On the back of this, for the SDA church to state they got their doctrines from the bible is a blatant lie.
AV Mt 12:30-37 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Does your statement apply to all churches then ??? And about Sunday too ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Formersda said:

Yours in Christ, Michael
Miichael;
This is the SDA = Seventh Day Adventist forum
here we discuss things of the SDA's
As an SDA, here is your opportunity to explain and defend it
so be a faithful witness and rise to the occasion

if you wish to discuss the other 1st day churches
take it to the appropriate Forums

1Pet.3:5​
be ready always to give an answer
to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience;
that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

why do you revert to diversion and evasion?
can you not do as Peter says ?????????????????
==================================================

Name Sake, Michael; His Name Sake
not Sabbath <vs> Sunday

Formersda

AV Mt 12:30-37 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Thing is Michael,

Previous to 2012 and the leak of EGW documents you may be able to get away with your nonsense. But through research now of SDA own resources convicts themselves.

By there OWN words they condemn themselves.

You have not made any defence to what I have said, just trying to create a straw man argument about other churches.

JonHawk

See that no one deceives you with empty words Ephesians 5:6
AV Mt 12:30-37But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Among them we too all previously lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, Ephesians 2

Put on the new nature, which is renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it— 11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free, but Christ is all, and in all. Col 3

Last edited:

Common Tater

The SDA church most erroneous doctrine was based on a vision in a cornfield the day after the “great disappointment“ of 22 October 1844.
The link I provide is from SDA own sources, it shows a letter Hiram Edson wrote about that time period. I would like people to note as per his own admission he had been awake all day 22 October and all night, if you are sleep deprived you will see things which are not there.

Have you ever heard an Adventist claim Hiram Edson as SDA's second true prophet because of this vision? I never did during the 30+ years I was a member.

JonHawk

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. Ezekiel 37:26
Have you ever heard an Adventist claim Hiram Edson as SDA's second true prophet because of this vision? I never did during the 30+ years I was a member.
So when the prophet prophesies peace, when the word comes to pass, then it will be known that the Lord has truly sent; Jer 28:9

17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.
18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Eph 2

SDAchristian

AV Mt 16:24-27 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Hiram Edson was showed the sacrifices to be made, and refused GOD's offer, then GOD offered it to EGH/EGW. This happens a lot, even with all believers.

Maybe you were never confronted by doubting church members, which may have triggered better studies of what Adventist believes.

But we are too late for that, are we ???

Early prayer of mine, help me to not let anyone stand between me and GOD. I see so many failures of this.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

See that no one deceives you with empty words Ephesians 5:6

Among them we too all previously lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, Ephesians 2

Put on the new nature, which is renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it— 11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free, but Christ is all, and in all. Col 3
AV 2Pt 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Let us be clear which nature is worth having and are talking about.

Killing for non-compliance as sin, in first/sun day is NOT in "the divine nature".

You will need to be prepared to choose a side. And it will be salvific, in the end of time, when we are to choose a sabbath, GOD's or man's.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Thing is Michael,
Previous to 2012 and the leak of EGW documents you may be able to get away with your nonsense. But through research now of SDA own resources convicts themselves.
By there OWN words they condemn themselves.
You have not made any defence to what I have said, just trying to create a straw man argument about other churches.
AV Mt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Jesus die not lie.

Are you aware of William Miller's Dream found in EW ???

You pointing out "dirt and rubbish" in the casket, is not new.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. Ezekiel 37:26

So when the prophet prophesies peace, when the word comes to pass, then it will be known that the Lord has truly sent; Jer 28:9

17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Ep

AV Mt 16:24-27 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Hiram Edson was showed the sacrifices to be made, and refused GOD's offer, then GOD offered it to EGH/EGW. This happens a lot, even with all believers.

Maybe you were never confronted by doubting church members, which may have triggered better studies of what Adventist believes.

Early prayer of mine, help me to not let anyone stand between me and GOD. I see so many failures of this.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Can you cite some sources that Hiram Edson refused God's offer to be a prophet? I think you are confusing him with William Foy.

JonHawk

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Eph 2
“Brother Edson, what are you stopping for?”​
To which Edson replied, “God is answering our morning prayer, giving light regarding our disappointment”. Edson later explained that as he was walking he felt as if a hand was laid on his shoulder and he seemed to have a vision of the heavenly sanctuary where he saw that Jesus had that very day entered into the Most Holy Place of the Heavenly Sanctuary...hiram-edsons-vision
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4

For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give help to the seed of Abraham. Heb 2:16
Help my unbelief Mark 9:23-24

Last edited:

Buzzard

[[
Col.2:1
For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you
and for those [believers] at [a]Laodicea,
and for all who [like yourselves] have never seen me face to face.
--
Let no one defraud you of your prize [your freedom in Christ and your salvation] by insisting on mock humility
and the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen
[to justify his authority], puffed up [in conceit] by his unspiritual mind,

Ellen White
At that time one error after another pressed in upon us; ministers and doctors brought in new doctrines. We would search the Scriptures with much prayer, and the Holy Spirit would bring the truth to our minds. Sometimes whole nights would be devoted to searching the Scriptures and earnestly asking God for guidance. Companies of devoted men and women assembled for this purpose. The power of God would come upon ME,
ME, ME, Me, Me, Me
and I was I was, I was, I was, I was
enabled clearly to define what is truth and what is error. As the points of our faith were thus established, our feet were placed upon a solid foundation. We accepted the truth point by point, under the demonstration of the Holy Spirit. I would be taken off in vision, and explanations would be given me.
me.me.me.me.me.me.me.me.me.me.me.
I was given illustrations of heavenly things, and of the sanctuary, so that we were placed where light was shining on us in clear, distinct rays
.--Gospel Works, p. 302. {3SM 32.1}"

And on and on and on about her """Angel""" and all her Visions

when Paul says
Let no one defraud you
by the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen​
[to justify his authority],​

Early prayer of mine, help me to not let anyone stand between me and GOD.

Yours in Christ, Michael

To late for that Michael

JonHawk

You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. John 17:2
Col.2:1
For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those [believers] at [a]Laodicea, and for all who [like yourselves] have never seen me face to face.
Let no one defraud you of your prize [your freedom in Christ and your salvation] by insisting on mock humility and the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen [to justify his authority], puffed up [in conceit] by his unspiritual mind,
When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Matt 28

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth; Col 1

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to unbelievers who are perishing; 2 Cor 4

pythons

According to Steve Daily Ellen White took another crack at "knowing" the date of the 2nd Coming of Christ...
...Ellen claimed the 2nd Coming was to happen in 1851 on a specific month, day.
...This prediction obviously ran down her leg and ended up as an oily spot on the floor.

Buzzard

Paul says

Let no one defraud you
by
the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen
[to justify his authority],

According to Steve Daily Ellen White took another crack at "knowing" the date of the 2nd Coming of Christ...
...Ellen claimed the 2nd Coming was to happen in 1851 on a specific month, day.
...This prediction obviously ran down her leg and ended up as an oily spot on the floor.
and Ellen says
I would be taken off in vision, and explanations would be given me.
my Authority, my Authority, my Authority, my Authority,
My Visions Justifies
My Authority, my Authority, my Authority, my Authority,
I was given illustrations of heavenly things, and of the sanctuary, so that we were placed where light was shining on us in clear, distinct rays.--Gospel Works, p. 302. {3SM 32.1}"

JonHawk

You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. John 17:2

When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Matt 28

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth; Col 1
Paul says Let no one defraud you by the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen
And in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. Colossians 2:10

pythons

Paul says

Let no one defraud you
by
the worship of angels, going into detail about visions [he claims] he has seen

and Ellen says
I would be taken off in vision, and explanations would be given me.
my Authority, my Authority, my Authority, my Authority,
My Visions Justifies
My Authority, my Authority, my Authority, my Authority,
I was given illustrations of heavenly things, and of the sanctuary, so that we were placed where light was shining on us in clear, distinct rays.--Gospel Works, p. 302. {3SM 32.1}"

Yep, its all based in as much reality as the series 'finding Bigfoot'!