Want to Contact Jehovah's Witness?

- "I was hoping I could speak to Jehovah's Witness so I can learn about them. I was raised Baptist but joined Community of Christ (RLDS) I have never been involved in Jehovah's Witness so I am NOT apostate. I want to hear JW side of story and tell me what they believe. I promise to be respectful and understanding because I want to learn, grown and understand. Amen."

YeshuaFan

- "I was hoping I could speak to Jehovah's Witness so I can learn about them. I was raised Baptist but joined Community of Christ (RLDS) I have never been involved in Jehovah's Witness so I am NOT apostate. I want to hear JW side of story and tell me what they believe. I promise to be respectful and understanding because I want to learn, grown and understand. Amen."
The very best source about them was the book written by walter Martin

imJRR

Jehovah's Witnesses have an oficial website which I wont post here, but it is easy to find. Whoever wants a visit can find the way right there.

Yes, the JWs do have that. However, for anyone wanting "the real story", as in accurate and true information regarding JWs and not mere Watchtower propaganda and false teaching, it would be far, far better for them to read the articles here at CARM. Regarding the JWs, those articles are, quite simply, not refutable.

Lilel01

My response was to the request of whoever opened the topic.

In this place, whoever is running it, there are a lot of conversation spoilers, chat bots, people who mistake a dialogue about what the Bible says for an argument that has to be won or a person who has to smash.

This is not the place to have a peaceful conversation about what the Bible teaches. On our official site you can request a visit in person to your home or some other way. ... who wants it.

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing.
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

If anyone wants a conversation here about any topic, he can ask what he wants to know in the proper place of the forum, but I am sure the conversation will be sabotaged.

imJRR

Actually and truthfully, there will be no sabotage. What there will be are valid questions and real Bible studies and references to JW literature that will seriously investigate the truth-claims of the JWs. This really and truly CAN be a place for "peaceful conversation about what the Bible teaches" as you write. All that's needed is for honesty and truthfulness to be held in high regard and practiced.

YeshuaFan

Actually and truthfully, there will be no sabotage. What there will be are valid questions and real Bible studies and references to JW literature that will seriously investigate the truth-claims of the JWs. This really and truly CAN be a place for "peaceful conversation about what the Bible teaches" as you write. All that's needed is for honesty and truthfulness to be held in high regard and practiced.
The JW claim to not be a cult, but their belief denying Jesus is God is gross heresy!

TrevorL

Greetings DavidEOliver,
I was hoping I could speak to Jehovah's Witness so I can learn about them.
One of the Booklets covering their range of teachings that the JWs distribute on their literature Stands or Carts is "What Can the Bible Teach Us?" You can obtain a copy from your local JWs or read it online. I reviewed this Booklet and compared it in contrast to what I consider to be the true Bible teaching. I consider their teaching to be in error on many subjects, but I would be closer to JW teaching than many Protestants, on subjects such as the One God the Father, man is mortal and does not have an immortal soul, and a future Kingdom of 1000 years. The thread giving details of their teachings and errors is: JW Book: What Can the Bible Teach Us?

Kind regards
Trevor

imJRR

One of the biggest problems with JW belief and teaching is that for all of their claiming that what they believe and teach is taken from the Bible - No, as a matter of fact and truth and reality, it is really not. JW beliefs and teachings are definitely man-made-up. Amazingly so, even the JW masters have admitted to this.

Let me set this up: First of all, the rank and file JWs are to regard and treat the contents of The Watchtower as coming from God and being for them the voice of God. Here are three quotes proving that:

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower." Watchtower magazine, “Taught of God”, 11/1/31, paragraph 19

“The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s word, thus what is taught is not from men, but from Jehovah.” (The Watchtower, "Unity Identifies True Worship", September 15, 2010, paragraph 8.)

JWs are directed to “….respond to the directions of the “slave” (the Watchtower Society) as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.” (Watchtower, June 15, 1957, p.370)

Now, in view of the above, consider the following quote:

"From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..." The Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1981.

This is a very clear and amazing statement - It is saying that if you read the Bible by itself, you will become a Trinitarian, because that is exactly what the Watchtower is referring to here when it says "apostate doctrines". To put it even more plainly - IF YOU READ THE BIBLE ALONE, YOU WILL NOT ARRIVE AT JW/WATCHTOWER DOCTRINES.

This admission shows and proves that JWs do not get their beliefs and teachings from the Bible, but from Watchtower literature.

If any JWs have followed my posts to any extent, they may be upset or offended when I use the term "JW masters" to describe the WTS leadership. I do not use that term to be unnecessarily rude or unkind - I use that term because it is accurate and true. Same thing when I refer to JWs as actually being "Watchtowerites" - It is an accurate term. JWs are thralls to the JW masters; they are a controlled people.

YeshuaFan

Greetings DavidEOliver,

One of the Booklets covering their range of teachings that the JWs distribute on their literature Stands or Carts is "What Can the Bible Teach Us?" You can obtain a copy from your local JWs or read it online. I reviewed this Booklet and compared it in contrast to what I consider to be the true Bible teaching. I consider their teaching to be in error on many subjects, but I would be closer to JW teaching than many Protestants, on subjects such as the One God the Father, man is mortal and does not have an immortal soul, and a future Kingdom of 1000 years. The thread giving details of their teachings and errors is: JW Book: What Can the Bible Teach Us?

Kind regards
Trevor
When any so called church does not hold that Jesus is God, is in heresy, and they also hold to another and false Gospel!

imJRR

Greetings YeshuaFan,

This is off-topic but David will make up his own mind on that matter. I suggest that the Bible teaching on that subject is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Yes, it is important to believe the true gospel Acts 8:5-6,12, Galatians 1:6-9. I suggest that few Protestant Churches go close to a proper understanding of the Gospel, especially if they teach the immortality of the soul, heaven going at death and the Trinity.
John 20:30-31 (KJV): 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
I have a different understanding to the JWs on this subject as I do not believe that Jesus pre-existed, but was a human, born the Son of God because God the Father was his father, and Mary his mother Matthew 1:20-21, Luke 1:34-35, John 1:14.

Kind regards
Trevor

David will not be really able to make up his own mind - at least not very well - until he can do a comparison between the beliefs and teachings of the JWs and those of biblical Christianity. As for your suggestion/accusation towards Protestant churches not having "a proper understanding about the Gospel" - So you say. I believe it would be better if you take whatever your own beliefs are to a board more suited for discussing them. The purpose of this board is to compare the beliefs and teachings of the JWs with that of Protestant, biblical Christianity. Your beliefs do not reflect that, and because of that, all your posts here can accomplish is to muddy the waters.

TrevorL

Greetings imJRR,
I believe it would be better if you take whatever your own beliefs are to a board more suited for discussing them. The purpose of this board is to compare the beliefs and teachings of the JWs with that of Protestant, biblical Christianity.
Yes, I accept your advice and I understand that it would be improper to have a three way conversation, but I was mainly speaking to David, not seeking to discuss the Trinity or heaven going with YeshuaFan or with other non-biblical Protestants. I still recommend my thread on the JW booklet, both to David and any others who are interested in trying to understand the JWs and some of their wrong beliefs.

Kind regards
Trevor

YeshuaFan

David will not be really able to make up his own mind - at least not very well - until he can do a comparison between the beliefs and teachings of the JWs and those of biblical Christianity. As for your suggestion/accusation towards Protestant churches not having "a proper understanding about the Gospel" - So you say. I believe it would be better if you take whatever your own beliefs are to a board more suited for discussing them. The purpose of this board is to compare the beliefs and teachings of the JWs with that of Protestant, biblical Christianity. Your beliefs do not reflect that, and because of that, all your posts here can accomplish is to muddy the waters.
JW holds to another Jesus, and another Gospel. neither which can save!

YeshuaFan

Greetings imJRR,

Yes, I accept your advice and I understand that it would be improper to have a three way conversation, but I was mainly speaking to David, not seeking to discuss the Trinity or heaven going with YeshuaFan or with other non-biblical Protestants. I still recommend my thread on the JW booklet, both to David and any others who are interested in trying to understand the JWs and some of their wrong beliefs.

Kind regards
Trevor
JW is NOT another Christian church, as they are same as the Mormons, a Cult, with another Jesus and another Gospel!
Non biblical protestant would be those holding to as JW/Mormons do!