Was Jesus Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent during His life on Earth?

Mark 13:32

32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

If Jesus is God(which He is) than how can He not know the day and hour? Some will cite Kenosis in Philippians 2:7-8:

7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[a] being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever(Hebrews 13:8) and I would argue that Jesus was Omniscient during His time on Earth, even in this verse. If Jesus did not have these attributes, what made Him God?

If Jesus is God(which He is) than how can He not know the day and hour? Some will cite Kenosis in Philippians 2:7-8:

Because he took the form of a servant. A servant can only know things if his master tells him.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever(Hebrews 13:8) and I would argue that Jesus was Omniscient during His time on Earth, even in this verse. If Jesus did not have these attributes, what made Him God?

Jesus is the same in terms of his divine character in that context. Since he became a human being, he can thirst, feel hunger, feel pain, and die just like the rest of us. He became a mortal. Jesus' source of power is the Holy Spirit. He can do nothing without the Holy Spirit. His wisdom, knowledge, healing power, calming the storm, resurrecting the dead, walking on water comes from the power of the Holy Spirit.

When he was resurrected, he returned again to his former divine self - the omniscient, omnipotent Lord, the Creator of all things.

Because he took the form of a servant. A servant can only know things if his master tells him.

Jesus is the same in terms of his divine character in that context. Since he became a human being, he can thirst, feel hunger, feel pain, and die just like the rest of us. He became a mortal. Jesus' source of power is the Holy Spirit. He can do nothing without the Holy Spirit. His wisdom, knowledge, healing power, calming the storm, resurrecting the dead, walking on water comes from the power of the Holy Spirit.

When he was resurrected, he returned again to his former divine self - the omniscient, omnipotent Lord, the Creator of all things.
Do you have any scripture about "Jesus' source of power is the Holy Spirit"?

SteveB

32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[a] being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Here's a novel thought.....

Jesus had perfect fellowship with the Father, so his connection with the Father is what made him possess the attributes of the Father.

Here's a novel thought.....

Jesus had perfect fellowship with the Father, so his connection with the Father is what made him possess the attributes of the Father.
Thanks for the reply, do you have any verses I can study in relation to your comment, specifically the 2nd half?

It seems to me that Jesus possessed the attributes of God Himself, and not from the Father or Spirit, since God is one.

@civic I know we have discussed this before on the previous forums. Thoughts?

No. I thought what you said was very strange. If there is one God, and Jesus is God, then logically Jesus "power" doesn't come from the Father or the Spirit, but from God, because He is God.

Because "God" became flesh.

But, I see that you don't adhere to the trinitarian beliefs.

rod.ney

Jesus is God-Man ( two natures - God in the Flesh )! As man ( human Nature ) he does not know, but as God ( Omniscient ) He does know! BTW, the Holy Spirit also knows ( because He is God as per Acts 5:3-4 )!

zerinus

Jesus (like all of us) was made up of two parts, a spirit and a body. His spirit was fully divine from the beginning, possessing all the attributes of divinity, such as omniscience, omnipotence etc. His physical body, his "natural man," was no different than ours. He was born as a baby, and grew and increased like the rest of us:

Luke 2:

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

It is his body, the "natural man," or his "flesh" that started out as a baby, and needed to grow and increase in wisdom and stature etc., like the rest of us. That "natural" side of him was not "omniscient" to start with. He wasn't "omniscient" as a baby. His spirit was, but in his natural body he was no different than the rest of us. He wasn't "omniscient" as a 12 year old either---although he probably knew more as a 12 year than we know as a 100 year old. He still had to keep growing and increasing in stature and wisdom. His natural body continued that increase and development until it reached perfection in the resurrection, when his natural body, his "flesh," acquired all the divine attributes that his spirit always had, and became fully omnipotent and omniscient etc., in both body and spirit. But while he was in mortality, in his natural body he was not omnipotent, omniscient etc. until his resurrection, when he acquired all the divine attributes that his spirit as Jehovah always had in fullness.

Because "God" became flesh.

But, I see that you don't adhere to the trinitarian beliefs.
How so, because I don't use the word "person"?

The Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God, yet there is 1 God.

It seems like you doubt that Jesus(God) knew the day and hour according to HIS divine nature.

Jesus is God-Man ( two natures - God in the Flesh )! As man ( human Nature ) he does not know, but as God ( Omniscient ) He does know! BTW, the Holy Spirit also knows ( because He is God as per Acts 5:3-4 )!
Absolutely agree. This is what I believe.

How so, because I don't use the word "person"?

The Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God, yet there is 1 God.

It seems like you doubt that Jesus(God) knew the day and hour according to HIS divine nature.

I thought you weren't.

The Son does not know the hour and day, but only the father. That's what it is written.

It seems that you're pointing that the Son knows the hour and day. May I have the verse, verbatim?

I thought you weren't.

The Son does not know the hour and day, but only the father. That's what it is written.

It seems that you're pointing that the Son knows the hour and day. May I have the verse, verbatim?

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit share in the divine nature. There is only ONE divine nature, not 3(otherwise that would be 3 gods). According to Jesus' divine nature, He knew the hour, according to His human nature, He did not. Also, like @rod.ney said above, the Holy Spirit also knows.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit share in the divine nature. There is only ONE divine nature, not 3(otherwise that would be 3 gods). According to Jesus' divine nature, He knew the hour, according to His human nature, He did not. Also, like @rod.ney said above, the Holy Spirit also knows.

Jesus knew the hour and at the same time, don't? That's so contradictory. You're twisting the verse in plain daylight. That's very bad.

Stephen

Doesn't anybody even bother to read the verse?

Only the Father knows. It doesn't say "only God" knows.
  • Jesus doesn't know
  • The angels don't know
  • The Holy Spirit doesn't know (if you hold that the holy spirit is a person)

Doesn't anybody even bother to read the verse?

Only the Father knows. It doesn't say "only God" knows.
  • Jesus doesn't know
  • The angels don't know
  • The Holy Spirit doesn't know (if you hold that the holy spirit is a person)
Well you don't believe Jesus is God, so that makes sense.

It would be like me saying, Jesus died on the cross, therefore God died on the cross. God cannot die.