Was Ruth an Israelite?

Hawkeye

Contrary to popular opinion....and errant Biblical teaching she wasn't of the Nation of Moab but was born and raised an Israelite on the Plains of Moab. Thus...she is referred to as a Moabite woman the same way a woman of French descent, living in Texas...... is called a Texan.

That certainly makes more sense than the popular interpretation. Is this thesis of yours a matter of improved linguistic studies or has this understanding just been suppressed for all these years? It was only recently that I began to question the popular belief, which doesn't make sense once you actually study the scriptures. Thanks Hawkeye.

Hawkeye

That certainly makes more sense than the popular interpretation. Is this thesis of yours a matter of improved linguistic studies or has this understanding just been suppressed for all these years? It was only recently that I began to question the popular belief, which doesn't make sense once you actually study the scriptures. Thanks Hawkeye.
I think we're on the wrong sub-forum. Maybe the mods will move us to where this subject belongs?

I think we're on the wrong sub-forum. Maybe the mods will move us to where this subject belongs?
I do believe you are correct. I'll repost in apologetics, which is where I thought I was, and the mods can toss this. Is apologetics the correct or history or...?