Was the Father still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism?

Yahchristian

I have often said that intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them. Here is a perfect example...

Was the Father still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location where the voice was coming from)?

I can't correctly answer; only GOD knows the correct answer.

After intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity, this TRINITARIAN no longer knows if the Father has always been omnipresent!

Even though the Bible says God is omnipresent...

Psalm 139:7-10... Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

And the Bible also says God does not change...

Malachi 3:6... For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

How would the rest of you answer the question...

Was the Father still omnipresent at Jesus' baptism (or did he temporarily limit himself to the location where the voice was coming from)?

P.S.

Here is a concise statement of what I believe...
The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

And here is a more detailed overview...
(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

I have often said that intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them. Here is a perfect example...

After intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity, this TRINITARIAN no longer knows if the Father has always been omnipresent!

Even though the Bible says God is omnipresent...

Psalm 139:7-10... Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

And the Bible also says God does not change...

Malachi 3:6... For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

How would the rest of you answer the question...

P.S.

Here is a concise statement of what I believe...
The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

And here is a more detailed overview...
(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.
As I said earlier, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING. While He spoke from heaven, He still had a universe to run, with countless atoms to maintain. What seems illogical to us is logical to God, who can do anything. Yes, He was still omnipresent, but He was focused briefly on the job at hand, that is, commending His Son to the people present. Now, for those who believe only Jesus & John The Baptist heard His voice, how did the apostles know what to write if they hadn't heard it also ?

He was still omnipresent, but He was focused briefly on the job at hand, that is, commending His Son to the people present.

God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent !!!

God does NOT "focus briefly on the job at hand" !!!

EVERYTHING going on in every place is the job at hand for God.

Proverbs 15:3... The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

GOD CAN DO ANYTHING.

I totally agree !!!

But my point is...

You used the argument that there were "3 separate Personages" who were "physically separate from one another" at Jesus' baptism to prove that God is three Persons.

No, He's one God in 3 Personages. Remember, st Jesus' baptism, all 3 were manifested physically separate from one another. Now, before you say, "Then you're saying there are 3 gods", remember that "with GOD, ALL things are possible, so He can be the one God in 3 separate Personages. We can't actually comprehend the nature of God, except to know He can do ANYTHING, & is omniscient.

But since I have convinced you that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit have always been omnipresent, they are NEVER "physically separate"...

Jesus' baptism is NOT an argument that God is three Persons.

As you also agree, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING. So God could manifest as a voice from heaven, manifest as a dove, and manifest as a human all at the same time while still being ONE PERSON.

Just to clarify, I have not seen YOUR definition for "a person". So...

What is YOUR definition for "a person"?

I define "a person" as "a human being or spirit being".

The standard dictionary definition is "a human being regarded as an individual", but I add "a spirit being" since I believe in the supernatural.

I totally agree !!!

But my point is...

You used the argument that there were "3 separate Personages" who were "physically separate from one another" at Jesus' baptism to prove that God is three Persons.

But since I have convinced you that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit have always been omnipresent, they are NEVER "physically separate"...

As you also agree, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING. So God could manifest as a voice from heaven, manifest as a dove, and manifest as a human all at the same time while still being ONE PERSON.

The standard dictionary definition is "a human being regarded as an individual", but I add "a spirit being" since I believe in the supernatural.
They WERE physically separate ! The Holy Spirit descended in form of a dove. He was physically separate from Jesus til he landed on His shoulder. And Yahweh's voice came FROM ABOVE.

I totally agree !!!

But my point is...

The Trinity is clearly present at Jesus' baptism

As I said earlier, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING. While He spoke from heaven, He still had a universe to run, with countless atoms to maintain. What seems illogical to us is logical to God, who can do anything. Yes, He was still omnipresent, but He was focused briefly on the job at hand, that is, commending His Son to the people present. Now, for those who believe only Jesus & John The Baptist heard His voice, how did the apostles know what to write if they hadn't heard it also ?
Here is what Jesus said about that of himself and his God who sent him.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Here is what Jesus said about that of himself and his God who sent him.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
His Father, NOT His God, sent Him.

And He ascended to His Father, NOT our Father.
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

It can't be any clearer...

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

It can't be any clearer...
Yep, MY Father, NOT our Father.
The Son ascended to HIS Father.

Yep, MY Father, NOT our Father.
The Son ascended to HIS Father.

Are there two Fathers who are both God?
Are there two Gods?

Are there two Fathers who are both God?
Are there two Gods?
Two different relationships between The Son's Father and our Father.

Back