Watched "Kimi no Na wa" (Your Name) 3 times.

LifeIn

The young director Makoto Shinkai is making quite a name for himself in Japanese film. His 2016 hit, Kimi no Na wa, is a visual masterpiece. Hand-drawn animation with the photo-realism we have only seen in recent CGI movies from Pixar. Kimi no Na wa is a real brain-twister with jumps in time and space that is only clear on the 2nd or 3rd viewing. The music from the Japanese pop band, Radwimps, integrates very well in to the compelling plot line. Has anyone else watched it? (It is available on YouTube in English).

LifeIn

Now I have seen the most recent film by this same director, Makoto Shinkai. It is his 2020 film, Weathering with You. It did not move me as much as Your Name, which is still my all-time favorite Japanese anime, even over the classics like from Studio Ghibli. See Your Name (Kimi no Na wa)!

Where can I watch this movie? I think this might be interesting. I'm already a little tired of Hollywood films - it's interesting to watch something new, with a fundamentally new mentality and an unusual approach. Foreign films are great for this.

LifeIn

Where can I watch this movie? I think this might be interesting. I'm already a little tired of Hollywood films - it's interesting to watch something new, with a fundamentally new mentality and an unusual approach. Foreign films are great for this.
There are several ways. You can buy the DVD from Walmart on-line for $9 plus shipping. You can rent the streaming of the movie on YouTube for $3 and have rights to watch it for 48 hours. You can buy permanent rights to stream the movie on YouTube for $13. The advantage of the DVD is that you can choose to watch in Japanese with English subtitles, or watch it with in an English dub. I have watched both, and the English dub is just as good a performance as the original Japanese voice acting. They really tried hard to stay true to the the original in making the English version.

There are several ways. You can buy the DVD from Walmart on-line for $9 plus shipping. You can rent the streaming of the movie on YouTube for $3 and have rights to watch it for 48 hours. You can buy permanent rights to stream the movie on YouTube for $13. The advantage of the DVD is that you can choose to watch in Japanese with English subtitles, or watch it with in an English dub. I have watched both, and the English dub is just as good a performance as the original Japanese voice acting. They really tried hard to stay true to the the original in making the English version.

Class! Thanks for the recommendations. Probably the best option would be to get a DVD. I like to watch movies with subtitles when the subtitles are done well and the translation matches the meaning.