Water Baptism - DYING with Christ

Our Lord's God

In Scripture.........

Water baptism is DEATH together with Christ. This is how we put our faith in Christ, by DYING together with him. Water baptism pertains to his CROSS.

DEATH with Christ is not salvation but it is the way TO salvation just as Jesus' death was the way TO his own resurrection life.

Spirit baptism is resurrection LIFE together with Christ. This is how God raises us up together with Christ to a new LIFE. Spirit baptism pertains to his RESURRECTION.

The resurrection did not precede the cross; the cross preceded his resurrection. You can't be raised up together with him into new life until you first die together with him - water baptism.

To have resurrection life in Christ you must first die together with him. The Bible describes HOW - water baptism - dying together with him. This is how we put our faith in Christ - by dying together with him. God does the rest and begets us anew, raising us up to new life, just as He raised Jesus from the dead to new life.

This is all clearly described in your Bible. But the liars can't stop lying because the love to serve their creedal idols.

In Scripture.........

Water baptism is DEATH together with Christ. This is how we put our faith in Christ, by DYING together with him. Water baptism pertains to his CROSS.

DEATH with Christ is not salvation but it is the way TO salvation just as Jesus' death was the way TO his own resurrection life.

Spirit baptism is resurrection LIFE together with Christ. This is how God raises us up together with Christ to a new LIFE. Spirit baptism pertains to his RESURRECTION.

The resurrection did not precede the cross; the cross preceded his resurrection. You can't be raised up together with him into new life until you first die together with him - water baptism.

To have resurrection life in Christ you must first die together with him. The Bible describes HOW - water baptism - dying together with him. This is how we put our faith in Christ - by dying together with him. God does the rest and begets us anew, raising us up to new life, just as He raised Jesus from the dead to new life.

This is all clearly described in your Bible. But the liars can't stop lying because the love to serve their creedal idols.

Did you know scripture shows the gentiles being baptised in the holy spirit without having first been baptised in water?
Baptism means to wash, so anyone who has taken a bath or shower has had water baptism. Many people baptise everyday in water.

Baptism in the spirit is to be washed inside. First wash the inside of the cup so then the entire cup can be clean.

Acts 11
5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:

6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.

8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.

12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:

13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;

14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

These Gentiles were washed clean by God without the use of water. Not by the works of a man bathing them in water. Simply by hearing the gospel and believing in Jesus and his death and resurection were these Gentiles baptised in the holy spirit.

In Scripture.........

I didn't know there was a bucket of water hanging on the cross with Christ Jesus.

For more....Just add water.

Did you know scripture shows the gentiles being baptised in the holy spirit without having first been baptised in water?
Baptism means to wash, so anyone who has taken a bath or shower has had water baptism. Many people baptise everyday in water.

Baptism in the spirit is to be washed inside. First wash the inside of the cup so then the entire cup can be clean.

Acts 11
5 I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:

6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.

8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.

11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.

12 And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:

13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;

14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

These Gentiles were washed clean by God without the use of water. Not by the works of a man bathing them in water. Simply by hearing the gospel and believing in Jesus and his death and resurection were these Gentiles baptised in the holy spirit.

Go and read Acts 1:8 again and the truth might dawn on you.

But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike... the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus
Acts 8:12-16

The Samaritans believed.
The Samaritans were water baptized.
The Samaritans did not receive the Holy Spirit.

Now what? Shall we conclude the Gentiles in Acts 10 were saved when the HS fell on them but the Samaritans were not saved when they believed and were baptized?

Apparently, you decided to make these facts irrelevant to your argument.

Great, because Cornelius and the other Gentiles with him were baptized with the Holy Spirit (cf. Acts 11:16) before their water baptism.

Well then you just insisted the Samaritans at Acts 8:12-16 believed and were baptized but not saved.

Your lies will always catch up with you.

Now what? Shall we conclude the Gentiles in Acts 10 were saved when the HS fell on them but the Samaritans were not saved when they believed and were baptized?

The Samaritans were saved when they received the Holy Spirit.
You may want to read Romans 8:9 for help.

See post 8.

Thanks for making this easy for me.

That's quite a hole you just dug for yourself. I see you tied your own noose too.

Acts 8:12-16 tells us the Samaritans believed but did not receive the Spirit.

So then, according to you they were not saved when they believed in Christ.

Right?

That's quite a hole you just dug for yourself. I see you tied your own noose too.

Acts 8:12-16 tells us the Samaritans believed but did not receive the Spirit.

So then, according to you they were not saved when they believed.

Right?

Why did you avoid Romans 8:9.

Here it is again.........Romans 8:9

Go look it up!

Spirit baptism is resurrection LIFE together with Christ.

Did Cornelius and the other Gentiles with him receive Spirit baptism before or after their water baptism?

I'll help you out....

They received Spirit baptism before their water baptism.

Nice to see that your thread has turned into such a disaster for you.

So long, you have joined an infamous club.

Yet you are the one who keeps dodging it.

Nothing to dodge.

You have denied that faith results in salvation by denying the Samaritans were saved when they believed. And not only so, they had been baptized too.

So does water baptism come before salvation or after?

But did you know that your Bible tells you plainly that water baptism is dying with Christ.

As usual, you show us you really don't care what Scripture says.
That seems to be a pretty arrogant statement.

Translation.....if I don't agree with you then I really don't care what scripture says.

Back