Water Baptism in the Name of Jesus is Faith

"Let's talk about the thief on the cross, or Cornelius & company, or the Philippian jailer"...I believe you can even throw Paul into the mix of people saved prior to or without baptism.

If baptism is a requirement...what of these people?

What of the scenario of the fox-hole conversion....were the person dies later in the battle without being baptized? Do they go to hell?
How was Paul saved before his sins were washed away? Acts 22:16

What rebuttals have you heard about those people thus far? This can't be the first time you've asked this question and heard people's responses.

Personally I have not read where Pauls sins were washed away. What I have read is that he struggled with sin, was a sinner. He even stated that his thorn in his flesh was his desire to be exalted beyond measure for his abundance of revelations, just like most preachers today who desire their names to be on the marque, and he even asking God to make that from him three times. That is why I follow the ways of Jesus in righteousness then that of Paul as a sinner and unrighteous.

Last edited:
Personally I have not read where Pauls sins were washed away.
I'll reword it next time. Point being that even after he believed and confessed with his mouth the Lord Jesus Acts 22:8, 10, he was still instructed to get up, be baptized, and have his sins washed away calling on His name. At this point before that his sins had still not been washed away.

What I have read is that he struggled with sin, was a sinner. He even stated that his thorn in his flesh was his desire to be exalted beyond measure for his abundance of revelations, just like most preachers today who desire their names to be on the marque, and he even asking God to make that from him three times. That is why I follow the ways of Jesus in righteousness then that of Paul as a sinner and unrighteous.
That's good to hear. As it should be.

I'll reword it next time. Point being that even after he believed and confessed with his mouth the Lord Jesus Acts 22:8, 10, he was still instructed to get up, be baptized, and have his sins washed away calling on His name. At this point before that his sins had still not been washed away.
I understand that, but even after that I dont see where he became perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect Jesus did only after God baptized him with His Spirit the mind is, to think in Gods terms to have the mind of Christ that is anointed of God. .
That's good to hear. As it should be.
That is a very hard thing to have the same perfect disposition as is of God to have His same. mind, or Spirit the mind is fevered to, for religious minds who are of their laws that governs their beliefs for a god see to be as He is as blaspheme, impossible when in fact God demands that of us all if we are to be of His same disposition that of Love, for God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love, Holy Love. .

Personally I have not read where Pauls sins were washed away. What I have read is that he struggled with sin, was a sinner. He even stated that his thorn in his flesh was his desire to be exalted beyond measure for his abundance of revelations, just like most preachers today who desire their names to be on the marque, and he even asking God to make that from him three times. That is why I follow the ways of Jesus in righteousness then that of Paul as a sinner and unrighteous.

When you are on your little island called "self" you can just pat yourself on the back all day for how great you are. From your comfortable little island you can shoot darts at those in the trenches, sweating and serving. You rationalize yourself by a few things you did years ago. But you also judge Paul by twisting his words. Beware lest the judge of all the earth get tired of your nonsense by trashing his Apostle.

When Isaiah saw the Lord, he was undone and confessed to be a sinner. Whatever your experience was, if it even was God, you twisted into something that makes you an ugly, self-righteous witness.

In this passage I referred to that in 1John 1:9 John was speaking to those who were already sons of God 1 John 3:1, so he was not telling them moving forward how to be saved

Just so you know, if you want or need to change your post within 30 minutes from the intiial time of posting to hit "edit" and make whatever modifications you feel necessary.

How was Paul saved before his sins were washed away?

By grace, through faith, not by works (Eph. 2:8-9), just as Paul testified.

Acts 22:16

The "washing away your sins" is connected with "calling on his name", not to water baptism.

Salvation is not by works (Eph. 2:8-9).
Salvation is not by works (2 Tim. 1:9).
Salvation is not by works (Titus 3:5).
Salvation is not by works (Rom. 4:2).
Salvation is not by works (Rom. 4:5).
Salvation is not by works (Rom. 4:6).
Salvation is not by works (Rom. 11:5-6).

And isn't it interesting to note that ALL these passages were written by Paul.

The "washing away your sins" is connected with "calling on his name", not to water baptism.

You conveniently forgot ROMANS 6. Why?

Just so you know, if you want or need to change your post within 30 minutes from the intiial time of posting to hit "edit" and make whatever modifications you feel necessary.
Thank you. I had not noticed this error within those 30 minutes.

Water baptism is not a work of the law or a work of the flesh or a good work as filthy rags, rather it is one of the greatest acts of faith. Romans, the great book of faith and about faith by the Apostle Paul written to the Roman believers, assumes in Romans 6 that everyone who is a believer has been baptized in the name of Jesus.

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3).

Baptism in the book of Acts is preached in conjunction with the gospel. It is part of the gospel. The gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and how that is applied to our lives for our salvation. Repentance is likened unto death to ourselves, baptism (baptizo means immersion) is a burial with Christ and out of the water and receiving the Spirit, likened to the resurrection. The elements of Water and Spirit are throughout the NT, notably in Christ's talk to Nicodemus in John 3 and Peter's Pentecost sermon on the birthday of the church (Acts 2:38). Interestingly as Peter's sermon says "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved", is actually detailed in the same sermon. How do you call on the name of Jesus? In true repentance. What else? When we are baptized we call on the name of Jesus. What else? People receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit are calling on the name of Jesus. Romans 8 teaches on the necessity of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

It's time to get back to the Biblical preaching of the gospel for obedience to the faith (Romans 1: 5).

Obeying part of the gospel, just as confessing the Lord in repentance, is a great thing, but fulfilling the whole gospel should be our goal. Leading an overcoming life by faith is necessary (Revelation 3-4). From beginning to end, the just shall live by faith. That doesn't mean the just shall just a have a one time confession, get their accept Jesus as savior salvation train ticket, and then live life as usual except with a polite nod to Jesus from time to time.

James talks about a "dead faith". A dead faith is a worthless faith.

"Works" is a little bit of a loaded Biblical buzzword, but sometimes something that is a work is actually just saying it's something someone does or an action.

Water baptism is an action that someone should do, having faith in God's directive from heaven (Luke 20:3), having repented of their sin, and believing in God's Son, the Messiah (Acts 19:4).

According to John, it was something he needed Jesus to do for him and Jesus said that it was part of fulfilling all righteousness in Matthew 3:14,15. So water baptism shouldn't be minimized because the bottom line is it's commanded to followers of Jesus.

When you are on your little island called "self" you can just pat yourself on the back all day for how great you are.
Isntr that the truth, so common among the religious folk who Arte of a denomination instead of like Jesus was in the Father. These have their own little islands called denominations.
From your comfortable little island you can shoot darts at those in the trenches, sweating and serving.
And boy do they for sure!
You rationalize yourself by a few things you did years ago.
Actually I recognize myself the same way Jesus recognized himself in the Father no different at all.
But you also judge Paul by twisting his words.
And you follow Paul in his twisted words. He dissent speak as Jesus did at all in being perfect as God in heaven is perfect.
Beware lest the judge of all the earth get tired of your nonsense by trashing his Apostle.
Actually we are judged this day in who we are or are not, and you know very well if you are a sinner as Paul was, or the righteousness of God in His anointing and without sin, Perfect even as you're Father in heaven is perfect.

You know very well that if you have seen Him or not, for had you seen God as He really is ye shall be like Him as well. 1 John 3. Paul was not like God as Jesus was at all.

You have only made a religion out of Paul is the real truth here and the ways of Jesus in perfection is out the window. Why? Because you are of Pauls ways as a sinner instead.
When Isaiah saw the Lord, he was undone and confessed to be a sinner. Whatever your experience was, if it even was God, you twisted into something that makes you an ugly, self-righteous witness.
I agree, just as Jesus was to the same in his perfections in the Father. You've never met God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 have you? that is why the ways of Jesus to have the same perfections is ugly and self righteous just as Jesus was accused of by the very same for the very same reason.

Jesus didnt know Paul at all, Jesus didnt need Paul. Like us all who has met God as Jesus did we get our information directly from God, His word becomes flesh, our flesh, John 1. Jesus was gone when Paul made his bid for beliefs. Paul was good, he used his trickery on you to get you to follow him in his ways instead of following Jesus to thew Father and get your information directly from Him instead of getting your information from a man.

Jesus trusted no man only the Father, nor do I or anyone else who has met God face to face and become like Him instead of like Paul or John, or Matthew, or Mark Luke. God is my course not these.

The problem in your understanding is that you are like Paul instead. Lifting him up to be your guide instead of following Jesus to the One who can save you. Jesus can save you if you will only follow him to the One who does the saving and saved him in Matt 3:16.

You dont believe Matt 3:16 do you?

But you have to do something to be saved. You have to WORK that out with God Himself.

"Works" is a little bit of a loaded Biblical buzzword, but sometimes something that is a work is actually just saying it's something someone does or an action.
Amen, and works of the flesh is not the same as works of the Spirit. Most go out trying to make disciples according to their beliefs that has not been ordered any God at all. They jump out on impulse mostly to look noble toward man because the man said you must do this.

The real message ion going out and do the works of God is not in your preachings or testimonies, but living it, let people see GHod at work in you no different from how Jesus let people see his works. Jesus even said if you cant believe that what I say, then believe that what you see me do. Come follow me and see the works of God and How He does it.
Water baptism is an action that someone should do,
Often I wonder why, for I was saved way before a man dunked me in a tank of water, I was baptized by God Himself.
having faith in God's directive from heaven (Luke 20:3), having repented of their sin, and believing in God's Son, the Messiah (Acts 19:4).
But action upon it is another matter.
According to John, it was something he needed Jesus to do for him and Jesus said that it was part of fulfilling all righteousness in Matthew 3:14,15. So water baptism shouldn't be minimized because the bottom line is it's commanded to followers of Jesus.
Actually I see this in a different light. I see it that John knew what was about to be revealed in Jesus and John said so, so John had to have that knowledge from God Himself in order to tell what was about to happen in Jesus. Looks to me John knew what was going to happen in Jesus even before Jesus did. so I have to consider that John had to get that information from somewhere and I have to account it to the same revelation from God Himself as Jesus received in Matt 3:16. the One coming after him he wasn't worthy to give anyone. And when John told Jesus there is one coming after me that he could not give Jesus -- look what happened in Jesus. It is there for all to read, but because these has been taught something different, they cant relate to the same at all in themselves.

I know, I know, most see that as blaspheme, not of God, but these have been programmed to believe the ways of man instead of the ways of John that he conveyed to Jesus that a change was about to take place in that man. John knew something that Jesus didnt know at that moment. There is one whose shoes he could not fulfill and that became so true when God Himself came to Jesus ands opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man. There were a lot who knew God way before Jesus did.

Adam became like him to know this difference, Gen 3;22. Abraham became like Him to know this difference, Moses became like Him to know this difference, Jesus did in Matt 3:16 learned this difference from the laws of the Jews to freedom from those laws, 120 in an upper room received that same change of mind as all of these did, and all today do who has seen God as He is.

When ye see Him as He is, as all of this saw Him as He is, ye shall be like Him as well as these did. 1 John 3.

The problem in todays religious is, they never have been taught the ways of God in man nor seen Him to be like Him. they never have received Gods point of view as Jesus point of view in the Father -- all they know is what they have been told by man in a belief instead of the reality of God face to face, and have not heard God preached as Jesus preached Him to be perfect even as your Father in heaven imperfect. To most that is an im[possibility. -- Why? The obvious is so prevalent.

In this passage I referred to that in 1John 1:9 John was speaking to those who were already sons of God 1 John 3:1, so he was not telling them moving forward how to be saved

What rebuttals have you heard about those people thus far? This can't be the first time you've asked this question and heard people's responses.
...are you going to argue Paul wasn't saved prior to his baptism?????

When your head hurts....do you take an aspirin for your headache...or because of your headache?
When you take aspirin because of a headache, you already know you have a headache. If Peter was telling them to be baptized because of the forgiveness of their sins, then he was doing so without them first knowing that their sins were forgiven.
"Be baptized because of the forgiveness of our sins? Wait, what?! When were our sins forgiven?"

If Peter was telling them to be baptized because of the forgiveness of their sins, then he did so without telling them why? What one has to do with the other.

Whereas being baptized Into the forgiveness of sins is complete within the words that he stated.

Back