"We should not pray to Jesus Christ" - No Scripture teaches it.......but then Mormons affirm praying to Jesus

Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (KJV)

New Testament Seminary Student Study Guide:
D. “Come, Lord Jesus”
Read Revelation 22:20. Think of what you have learned during your study of the New Testament and write your testimony of Jesus. Include why you would join in John's prayer for Jesus to come. (Revelation 21–22, The Earth Becomes a Celestial World)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/new-testament-student-study-guide/the-revelation-of-saint-john-the-divine/revelation-21-22?lang=eng

Why would a Mormon "join in John's prayer for Jesus to come" if they are only to pray to the Father?

Missionary Preparation Student Manual: We always pray to our Father in Heaven, and to him alone. Our prayers are rendered in the name of the Son and communicated by the power of the Holy Ghost. We do not pray to the Savior or to anyone else. To do so would be disrespectful of Heavenly Father and an indication that we do not properly understand the relationship of the members of the Godhead. (Chapter 5, We Learn to Teach “by Study and Also by Faith,” Part 1)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/missionary-preparation-student-manual/chapter-5-we-learn-to-teach-by-study-and-also-by-faith-part-1?lang=eng
Our Relationship with the Lord

BRUCE R. MCCONKIE

Now, it is no secret that many false and vain and foolish things are being taught in the sectarian world and even among us about our need to gain a special relationship with the Lord Jesus. I shall summarize the true doctrine in this field and invite erring teachers and beguiled students to repent and believe the accepted gospel verities as I shall set them forth.

We worship the Father and him only and no one else. We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost.

Our Relationship with the Lord

BRUCE R. MCCONKIE

Now, it is no secret that many false and vain and foolish things are being taught in the sectarian world and even among us about our need to gain a special relationship with the Lord Jesus. I shall summarize the true doctrine in this field and invite erring teachers and beguiled students to repent and believe the accepted gospel verities as I shall set them forth.

We worship the Father and him only and no one else. We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost.

And even more of the rest of the story folks... notice they pick and choose McConkie... chuckle.

12. Our eternal fellowship is with the Father and the Son.

John wrote:

Our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. [1 John 1:3]

If we keep the commandments, “we have fellowship” with the Father—which is the object and end of our existence And in the very nature of things we also have eternal fellowship with Christ, because he walked in the light and became and is one with the Father. (see 1 John 1:4–7).

We should not pray to Jesus Christ. (Lesson 128, 3 Nephi 19)

The Beauty of Childlike Faith: I had an experience with my four-year-old son recently that taught me a tremendous amount about faith.

It was later than I had planned bedtime to be. We were very close to getting into bed with our bedtime routine done, when my son turned to me and said, “My Lego piece is missing”. I hurriedly answered that we would find it in the morning. He would not be deterred. “Mama, I need it, or I can’t go to sleep”. I sighed deeply and barked, “Where did you last have it?” “Right here”, he answered, pointing to his bedside. “It must have fallen on the floor”.

The floor was covered in books, toys, and other debris from an evening of playing that I hadn’t had time to tidy away. It was hopeless to try and find one little piece of Lego. Again, I said we would find it in the morning. My son turned to me and, with determination etched into his little face, said, "If we pray to Jesus, we will find it!" I was taken aback by his powerful declaration but impressed at the same time.

My four-tear-old had more presence of mind than I had as he knew, not hoped but knew, that if he prayed, Jesus would help him find it. So, he prayed to Jesus to find his piece. Despite the prayer of an innocent and precious child of God, I still doubted. I searched for a moment then, humbled by his faith and ashamed of the lack of my own, said my own silent prayer that my Father in Heaven would help me. This moment would be a precious faith-builder in my son's life that he could look back on, and I could not fail.

A few moments passed, and just as my search seemed hopeless, I lifted a book, and there was the piece underneath. A wave of relief and gratitude filled my heart. My little boy turned to me and said, his face beaming with pride, “See, I told you!” I was humbled by my precious son and his amazing faith.
(Kay Hinkle)

1. From the scriptures and the teachings of latter-day prophets, we know that we are to worship God the Father and pray to Him only. We should not pray to Jesus Christ. (Lesson 128, 3 Nephi 19)

2. There is no place in scripture where we are taught to pray to Jesus. (3 Nephi 19:18)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/book-of-mormon-student-manual/chapter-43-3-nephi-18-19?lang=eng)

Contradicting what they affirmed above, the Mormons do teach the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer.
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. (KJV)

EDITED BY MOD--ONLY TWO LINKS PER POST ALLOWED FOR NON-SUPER MEMBERS, EXCEPT FOR LINKS TO CARM ARTICLES OR OTHER CARM POSTS
Jesus said pray unto the Father in His name.
No much to dispute there.

Jesus didn't say pray only to the Father. Indeed, the Mormons have quite a few examples based on their own writings where they affirm prayer to the Lord Jesus. So when they also affirm that they "should not pray to Jesus Christ" demonstrates they don't know what they are talking about.

Jesus didn't say pray only to the Father. Indeed, the Mormons have quite a few examples based on their own writings where they affirm prayer to the Lord Jesus. So when they also affirm that they "should not pray to Jesus Christ" demonstrates they don't know what they are talking about.
Really? Who else did Jesus say to pray to?
I don't have a problem if people want to pray to Jesus - Jesus is the God of the Old Testament, He is also our advocate with the Father. Yet, that doesn't change what Jesus instructed. I'm quite certain the Father and the Son are both all knowing, and work unitedly. When thinking in practicality this is a very petty argument.

Ask the Mormons. The have plenty of examples from their own writings that affirm prayer to the Lord Jesus.
Ok. So, if you're going to defer back to Mormons, then what exactly is your argument?
Because they have contradicted themselves. This is why it is either downplayed or dismissed.
Yep. There's a lot of contradictions. Mormonism is about learning to be Spiritually self-reliant.

See boldface below.

Obviously.

Which means they embrace their contradictions.
Nope. There's members that are more cultural followers, and others that truly converted. The anti's use cultural beliefs, but in reality, those teachings aren't found in the church's current curriculum.

I quoted right from their own website.
Ummm...ok. let's see what you posted:

1. From the scriptures and the teachings of latter-day prophets, we know that we are to worship God the Father and pray to Him only. We should not pray to Jesus Christ. (Lesson 128, 3 Nephi 19)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org...-book-of-nephi/lesson-128-3-nephi-19?lang=eng

2. There is no place in scripture where we are taught to pray to Jesus. (3 Nephi 19:18)
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/book-of-mormon-student-manual/chapter-43-3-nephi-18-19?lang=eng)

Sounds like the same point, repeated twice. I don't see a contradiction.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org...-book-of-nephi/lesson-128-3-nephi-19?lang=eng

Compare the above with the information from their own website in the following posts:

As soon as I read those words by McConkie I said to a Mormon acquaintance, but the Wise men worshipped Jesus. She said they were mistaken.
Feeble defense! The Nephies?

Nor are we taught to NOT pray to Him!

Nope. There's members that are more cultural followers, and others that truly converted. The anti's use cultural beliefs, but in reality, those teachings aren't found in the church's current curriculum.
Cirriculum is not God's word!
John 20
26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

@Aaron32
Acts 7
54On hearing this, the members of the Sanhedrin were enraged,q and they gnashed their teeth at him. 55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56“Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57At this they covered their ears, cried out in a loud voice, and rushed together at him. 58They dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile the witnesses laid their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.

59While they were stoning him, Stephen appealed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Falling on his knees, he cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Do some follow the prophet? Why do you have a prophet?

Back