We will be on this Earth for the tribulation

squirrelyguy

As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful.
I understand the plagues of Egypt to be a foreshadowing of the tribulation. God sent targeted plagues at the Egyptians while protecting His people from those same plagues; but He didn't protect His people from the wrath of the Egyptians. The deliverance of His people came when He divided the waters and led them out of the land, while drowning their persecutors who tried to follow them...so it will be when Christ returns and leads the righteous into the kingdom of God while forbidding others entry.

jamesh

As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful.
I hope so as well. I also have a question for the pre-tribbers? Considering how bad the world has become and is these days and considering what Jesus said at Matthew 24:1-15, at what point do you think the so-called rapture of the Church will take place?

My point is that we are in the times of Matthew 24:4-14 right now and at verse 13, "But the one who endures/perseveres to the end, he shall be saved. The end here is in line with what the disciples ask Jesus at Matthew 24:3, "what will be the sign of Your coming and of the "END" of the age/world."

Also at verse 14, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the WHOLE WORLD for a witness to all the nations and then THE END SHALL COME." Believers are alive on earth preaching to the inhabited world as an effective witness.

Verse 15, "Therefore, (or for that reason; consequently) when you see the Abomination of Desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, (the rapture will happen, NO). Flee, get out of Dodge immediately. So again, where do you insert the rapture?

In Him,
herman

Yodas_Prodigy

Scripture is clear that the Church would go through the Tribulation... The real question is, when will or when was the tribulation? And that hinges on what did Jesus mean by "Coming on the Clouds of Heaven"? Clouds represented YHWH's judgement in the OT upon whomever...

Scripture says that we will always experience tribulation.

When was there a time where the elect could have been easily extinguished had not the days been shortened?

If you are a Post-Tribber, how can there be elect on earth when the Days were Cut Short? Sounds like the Sun and Moon stop working... Sounds like 1/3 of the stars or meteors will hit the planet... Won't the world get incinerated? Rhetorical question, of course...

Before anyone goes off halfcocked, it is clear to me that Jesus will return in the future physically. Just trying to save any rabbit trails...

Scripture is clear that the Church would go through the Tribulation... The real question is, when will or when was the tribulation? And that hinges on what did Jesus mean by "Coming on the Clouds of Heaven"? Clouds represented YHWH's judgement in the OT upon whomever...

Scripture says that we will always experience tribulation.

When was there a time where the elect could have been easily extinguished had not the days been shortened?

If you are a Post-Tribber, how can there be elect on earth when the Days were Cut Short? Sounds like the Sun and Moon stop working... Sounds like 1/3 of the stars or meteors will hit the planet... Won't the world get incinerated? Rhetorical question, of course...

Before anyone goes off halfcocked, it is clear to me that Jesus will return in the future physically. Just trying to save any rabbit trails...
Sorry, the tribulation, as in the one written about in Revelation, has not occurred yet,

The Church is and has been on Earth for the tribulation.

Here is a link to Fox's Book of Martyrs Or A History of the Lives, Sufferings, and Triumphant Deaths of the Primitive Protestant Martyrs.

And here is a link to The Voice of the Martyrs today.

Americans are too focused on whether or not Americans will face tribulation.
I'm sorry, the great tribulation, as described in the Bible, has not occurred yet. I'm not interested in alternative commentaries. Let's just stick with scripture.

Yodas_Prodigy

Sorry, the tribulation, as in the one written about in Revelation, has not occurred yet,

Ok... Let's start with proof of tribulation...Acts records many attacks on Christians - Acts 4:3 Jailed, 5:40 flogged, 7:54-60 (murdered), 8:1 (persecution), 9:1 (threats of murder), 12:1-3 (mistreated, put to death, arrested), 14:19 (stoning), 18-24-25 (brought before rulers), and we can't forget Nero. Tertullian said, "There was war against the very name" of Christ. John said he was a fellow par-taker in the tribulation. Is the Bible not enough proof?

Ok... Let's start with proof of tribulation...Acts records many attacks on Christians - Acts 4:3 Jailed, 5:40 flogged, 7:54-60 (murdered), 8:1 (persecution), 9:1 (threats of murder), 12:1-3 (mistreated, put to death, arrested), 14:19 (stoning), 18-24-25 (brought before rulers), and we can't forget Nero. Tertullian said, "There was war against the very name" of Christ. John said he was a fellow par-taker in the tribulation. Is the Bible not enough proof?
Well being that Jesus described that the tribulation would be the the worst ever in the world since from the beginning of time until through the rest of time, and that all of those same events you described happening to the Christians in Acts are also happening today, we have a problem with consistency.

Yodas_Prodigy

Well being that Jesus described that the tribulation would be the the worst ever in the world since from the beginning of time until through the rest of time, and that all of those same events you described happening to the Christians in Acts are also happening today, we have a problem with consistency.

Well, let's see... The Jews lost their homeland... Their temple was destroyed for good. And it was of no use after the veil had been torn from the top to the bottom. The Jews had about a million people killed. Many others were placed in to slavery. The Christians were attacked with a tribulation... The Jewish people became obsolete with their covenant... Go ahead and disagree... That's fine...

Well, let's see... The Jews lost their homeland... Their temple was destroyed for good. And it was of no use after the veil had been torn from the top to the bottom. The Jews had about a million people killed. Many others were placed in to slavery. The Christians were attacked with a tribulation... The Jewish people became obsolete with their covenant... Go ahead and disagree... That's fine...
Wait a minute, you just switched from talking about Christians in one post and then Jews in the next.

jamesh

As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful. Wait a minute PT, you just said to Yodas the following:

"Wait a minute, you just switched from talking about Christians in one post and then Jews in the next."

Then you said above, "As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful."

If you read Matthew 24:9-10 even before the Anti-Christ is revealed at Matthew 24:15. "Then they will deliver YOU to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name." Vs10, "And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another."

This persecution provides an opportunity to witness to the tormentors and those in high places just like Peter and Paul preached to governors and kings or judges. God has permitted testings and siftings. Without a doubt down through the centuries such as persecutions and hatred have caused some Christians to fall into sin and deny the faith.

The point I am making is the fact that Christians are not exempt from persecution and even death. Stephen is a good example at Acts 7.

In Him,
herman

As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful. Wait a minute PT, you just said to Yodas the following:

"Wait a minute, you just switched from talking about Christians in one post and then Jews in the next."

Then you said above, "As simple as that. I hope you are prepared to some degree. God will protect his faithful."

If you read Matthew 24:9-10 even before the Anti-Christ is revealed at Matthew 24:15. "Then they will deliver YOU to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name." Vs10, "And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another."

This persecution provides an opportunity to witness to the tormentors and those in high places just like Peter and Paul preached to governors and kings or judges. God has permitted testings and siftings. Without a doubt down through the centuries such as persecutions and hatred have caused some Christians to fall into sin and deny the faith.

The point I am making is the fact that Christians are not exempt from persecution and even death. Stephen is a good example at Acts 7.

In Him,
herman
I agree. There is a very real possibility of being martyred. I am hoping that I am not chosen for that path however. It is also stated that a large number make it out of the tribulation. So here's to trying to make it out of the tribulation.

Yodas_Prodigy

In Him,
herman

Hey James!! I mean herman... You know Stephen died in the Tribulation... Hold your laughter back... Now Herman, aren't you a Post Tribbers? If I remember right...

jamesh

Hey James!! I mean herman... You know Stephen died in the Tribulation... Hold your laughter back... Now Herman, aren't you a Post Tribbers? If I remember right...

How are you doing Joe? Of course I'm a Post Tribber, read my posts in this thread. As far as Stephen are your referring to 70AD and the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans? You must be!

In Him
herman

Not necessarily, an you already know.

Yup - it says NO MAN knows the day nor the hour.
Not necessarily? So between all the different eschatologies out there would you suggest that there is some unknown alternative that is correct?
I don't believe anyone here claims to know the day or hour and I don't believe any particular of the main eschatologies presented in this forum by posters claims to know the day or the hour. We are however called to know the season as per multiple verses including 1 Thessalonians 5:4