We're Baaack!

SteveB

As if you have the faintest idea what or how real atheists think. You spend far too much time telling us what we supposedly think to ever ask, listen, or learn what we really think.
You're more than welcome to provide what atheists think.
I've been waiting for this since November 2012. WiF kept refusing to do so, and said that you simply don't believe there's a real God.
So, that's easily described as being based on not thinking at all.
So.... by all means....
start a new op, and explain what atheists think.

Whatsisface

Actually, they've been provided dozens of times before. Did you not pay attention to all those years? 2009 is a long time to be on a forum and ignore what others explain to you, while claiming to be paying attention.
I really don't know what you're doing here. Now, I don't think you have the truth of things, but I asked a fair question in a fair manner such that the answer might show whether you have the truth of things or not, and you've just sidestepped. When you've pointed us in a particular direction before, for eg in the case of Warner Wallace, when challenged on what he says you just sidestepped.

If you had the demonstrable truth of things, you would be falling over yourself to give it. That you don't makes me wonder if you know you can't demonstrate the truth. If that's true, i wonder that you don't openly admit it in the spirit of open and honest conversation.

Whatsisface

I've been waiting for this since November 2012. WiF kept refusing to do so, and said that you simply don't believe there's a real God.
So.... by all means....
This is just not true. How many atheists have said to you that you misrepresent them? Well, you're doing it again here.

I once tried to get you to ask me a question, any question, about what I thought and why i thought it, it was like getting blood out of a stone.

If you start a thread asking atheists what they believe and why i can guarantee it will have many replies, including from me.

Nouveau

So.... by all means....
That won't help you until you learn to listen to what we say. For example, that atheism is merely the absence of God belief says nothing at all about whether or not this is based on thinking for any given person. Theism is likewise merely the presence of God belief, so should that also be described as being based on not thinking at all? If you want to learn, then start asking specific reasonable questions about what we think, instead of constantly advancing absurd strawmen like you've done here.

SteveB

I really don't know what you're doing here. Now, I don't think you have the truth of things, but I asked a fair question in a fair manner such that the answer might show whether you have the truth of things or not, and you've just sidestepped. When you've pointed us in a particular direction before, for eg in the case of Warner Wallace, when challenged on what he says you just sidestepped.
stop complaining. You never understand what I was doing here in the first place. So, stating the obvious, and previously stated routine doesn't make it any more true than it was 7 years ago, 6 years, 5 years, 4, 3, 2, 1, or today.

The reason you don't THINK I have truth is because you refuse to DO Truth.
Truth requires DOING, before you can actually KNOW, therefore your thinking is based on a belief bourne of ignorance.

If you had the demonstrable truth of things, you would be falling over yourself to give it. That you don't makes me wonder if you know you can't demonstrate the truth. If that's true, i wonder that you don't openly admit it in the spirit of open and honest conversation.

If you knew how to know what truth was, and actually wanted to know Truth, you'd do it, instead of falling all over yourself to avoid the Truth, so you could remain ignorant.

Whatsisface

stop complaining. You never understand what I was doing here in the first place. So, stating the obvious, and previously stated routine doesn't make it any more true than it was 7 years ago, 6 years, 5 years, 4, 3, 2, 1, or today.

The reason you don't THINK I have truth is because you refuse to DO Truth.
Truth requires DOING, before you can actually KNOW, therefore your thinking is based on a belief bourne of ignorance.

If you knew how to know what truth was, and actually wanted to know Truth, you'd do it, instead of falling all over yourself to avoid the Truth, so you could remain ignorant.
And when asked to elaborate on this "doing", you sidestep.

SteveB

That won't help you until you learn to listen to what we say. For example, that atheism is merely the absence of God belief says nothing at all about whether or not this is based on thinking for any given person. Theism is likewise merely the presence of God belief, so should that also be described as being based on not thinking at all? If you want to learn, then start asking specific reasonable questions about what we think, instead of constantly advancing absurd strawmen like you've done here.
I've been listening since October 2003.
they keep telling me they don't really want to know.
So, if you don't want to post what you think, because you need people to listen, then it strikes me that you don't really care to be listened to, and understood.

Ever notice I never needed you guys to listen to post what I think/believe?

Whatsisface

So, if you don't want to post what you think, because you need people to listen, then it strikes me that you don't really care to be listened to, and understood.

Then what are you doing here? You don't understand why you get nowhere posting what you think/believe.

Nouveau

No you haven't, as proven by your next comment.

No-one has told you that.

My point was that our posting what we think (which we already do quite regularly) won't benefit you until you learn to listen. You'll just keep on posting the same strawman nonsense as before.

SteveB

Then what are you doing here? You don't understand why you get nowhere posting what you think/believe.
Because I'm not trying to win an argument. I'm simply presenting the information, and you guys have to decide whether you actually want to know the truth, or keep stumbling all over yourselves showing us how little you actually know.

As for understanding why you believe I get nowhere....
Further evidence you're really not paying attention.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,

And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

I know exactly why I am perceived as getting nowhere.
Do you know why you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about?

SteveB

No you haven't, as proven by your next comment.

So, now you're a know-it-all....
Now doesn't that just make you feel all gooey, and gushy inside.

No-one has told you that.
Wow.... it sure is nice to know that you know so much, with so little experience.
You have no idea.

My point was that our posting what we think (which we already do quite regularly) won't benefit you until you learn to listen. You'll just keep on posting the same strawman nonsense as before.

As stated, your belief that I'm not listening does not prove that I'm not listening.
What you've not understood, is that I listen quite well, and see what you don't want seen.

I see from an entirely different worldview, and all that you want me to see, I view as descriptive of a superfluous view to the core issues at stake here.
It's one of the reasons why atheism is viewed in the bible as the worldview of the fool.

According to the bible, I see from an eternal view, which is unseen.

18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

SteveB

You get nowhere because you preach, misrepresent others, and ignore questions.
oh.... hmm..... gee....... apparently it's acceptable for you to engage in such activities, but you hold others to a standard you refuse to adhere to, indeed, have no intention whatsoever to engage in practicing.

Nouveau

So, now you're a know-it-all....
Now doesn't that just make you feel all gooey, and gushy inside.
More misrepresentation. I don't know all. But I do know that you haven't been listening.

Wow.... it sure is nice to know that you know so much, with so little experience.
You have no idea.

As stated, your belief that I'm not listening does not prove that I'm not listening.
What you've not understood, is that I listen quite well, and see what you don't want seen.
I know that you haven't been listening because you make false claims about what we've said.
Or can you actually quote someone telling you they don't want to know?

I see from an entirely different worldview, and all that you want me to see, I view as descriptive of a superfluous view to the core issues at stake here.
It's one of the reasons why atheism is viewed in the bible as the worldview of the fool.

According to the bible, I see from an eternal view, which is unseen.

18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
You don't see things from an eternal point of view. You just make things up instead of listening to what we actually say.

Nouveau

oh.... hmm..... gee....... apparently it's acceptable for you to engage in such activities, but you hold others to a standard you refuse to adhere to, indeed, have no intention whatsoever to engage in practicing.
Nonsense. I can easily give examples of you doing all three.
You will not be able to do the same for me and you know it.

SteveB

More misrepresentation. I don't know all. But I do know that you haven't been listening.
well, if you can misrepresent me, then what you think you know is immaterial.

I know that you haven't been listening because you make false claims about what we've said.
Or can you actually quote someone telling you they don't want to know?
Not false claims at all. Simply viewed from another perspective.

You don't see things from an eternal point of view. You just make things up instead of listening to what we actually say.
Ah.....
Well then, I suppose you'd better say things that are true, instead of trying to convince us that the lies you believe are true. Especially when the only way to know if what you're saying is true is to do nothing.
I did nothing. I found the nothing to be full of..... well.... nothing.
Nothing is meaningless, and useless for knowing something is true.

SteveB

Nonsense. I can easily give examples of you doing all three.
You will not be able to do the same for me and you know it.
I'm waiting.
Been waiting for almost 8 years now.
You just got done telling me that you're not going to tell me anything that'll benefit me.
So... either man up or step off.

Nouveau

well, if you can misrepresent me, then what you think you know is immaterial.
I don't misrepresent you.

Not false claims at all. Simply viewed from another perspective.
It is a false claim, and not merely an alternate perspective, when you claim people have said things that they've never really said.

Ah.....
Well then, I suppose you'd better say things that are true, instead of trying to convince us that the lies you believe are true. Especially when the only way to know if what you're saying is true is to do nothing.
I did nothing. I found the nothing to be full of..... well.... nothing.
Nothing is meaningless, and useless for knowing something is true.
A lot of words where you again say nothing whatsoever.