What a Cadillac with a crumpled rear end reminds me of. Or maybe a damaged Mona Lisa

I like how you back peddle. You got style
Are you intellectually challenged?

You made the ridiculous claim that atheists are "people of death"
I responded by pointing out that it is actually Christianity that is life negating, not atheism

It's YOU that bears the burden to prove your idiotic assertion

Get to it!

And reading the posts by atheists, you'd swear that the caddy came off the assembly line with the crumpled rear end.

?
??‍♂️
?
??‍♂️

Go figure.
No apparently it comes with faulty steering so that it is guaranteed to collide with something and need the saving grace of the almighty panel beater. Yet you continue to blame the driver.

If we see a 2022 Cadillac with a crumpled rear end, we do not assume that it came off the assembly line looking like that. We always assume, whatever the CAUSE of the defective rear end, that the defect occurred after the car was manufactured. I have expressed many times on this board, perhaps ad nauseum to the atheists here, my appreciation for the beauty of God's multifaceted creation, only to hear atheists remind me of its many flaws. I'm blown away by the beauty of a cat, only to be reminded of feline leukemia. The majesty of a mountain reminds some atheists of killer avalanches. The human anatomy is a many splendored thing, so the psalmist tells us that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made," but the atheist reminds us of cancer.

This post is not meant to debate WHY God "allows" corruption. That discussion has been discussed both theologically (Garden of Eden event, free will, etc.) and philosophically (theodicy) in many other threads here, so I will not engage in that beating of a dead horse (which reminds me, by the way, that God's assembly line created the beautiful equine creature which ultimately AFTER the fact dies, perhaps headed for the glue factory.) Repeat; no theodicy discussion here.

My only point is to remind these pessimistic atheists that they are quite incorrect to say that God CREATED a flawed universe. The flaws ALWAYS occur subsequent to the creation: Genesis 1: "And God saw that it was good."

So even if I were still an agnostic, I would probably think, "This is an awesome universe, but somehow, some way, it got really screwed up." But I now see His glory manifesting itself as beauty in His creation. Sometimes (in a good way) it's more than I can bear.
Genesis 1: "And God saw that it was good."
Maybe what is good for God isn't good for us.

No apparently it comes with faulty steering so that it is guaranteed to collide with something and need the saving grace of the almighty panel beater. Yet you continue to blame the driver.
I'm not the one who continues to claim there is no maker.

Are you intellectually challenged?

You made the ridiculous claim that atheists are "people of death"
I responded by pointing out that it is actually Christianity that is life negating, not atheism

It's YOU that bears the burden to prove your idiotic assertion

Get to it!
Someone's angry. Atheists love death especially killing babies

He's not.
We are.

You're arguing exactly what @stiggy wiggy stated.

It's Adam's initial sin that screwed everything up and our sin which has been perpetuating the consequences of sin.
We didn't create anything, God did. When Adam and Eve sinned that ability was already in them. They were as God created them.

How do you know? Apparently God made everything and there are many things that are not good for everyone.

Correct. Corruption has set in, like I said in the OP. A perfect world has fallen. Severely fallen in places. Largely intact in others.

Adam died, and every single human being who has been born ever since has been dying
Because God consciously and purposefully decided that this needless harm shall be thrust upon us as a result of Adam's actions

Adam didn't do it to us - God did!!!

Because God consciously and purposefully decided that this needless harm shall be thrust upon us as a result of Adam's actions

Adam didn't do it to us - God did!!!
Nope.
Adam did it.

That you continue to argue that YHVH did it shows that you are doing it to yourself.

Nope.
Adam did it.

That you continue to argue that YHVH did it shows that you are doing it to yourself.
No, Adam did NOT decide that because he disobeyed God each and every one of his progeny will suffer

This was God's decision
A needlessly harmful one

Back