What About 'Free Grace' Theology?

armylngst

Yes although the theology behind "Free Grace" and "Lordship Salvation" I can't fully get behind. Free Grace seems to deny God's sovereignty while Lordship Salvation seems to introduce works. This is why I believe Sovereign Free Grace is most Biblical.
Consider Lordship salvation putting true repentance into salvation. Can you truly consider someone to be saved if there is absolutely no change in their life? If you are UNWILLING to bow before Christ, just what are you basing your salvation on? Are you aware of this idea known as "sanctification"? Can you stop mistaking a belief in sanctification as being salvation? Salvation grants eternal life, which Calvinists believe. Sanctification is where we become more like Christ, which Paul describes as one's works being gems and gold, or burnt up like chaff, however the person is still saved, though through the fire. Why are they still saved? Because it is sanctification, not salvation that Paul is talking about. As for hyper calvinism, this comes from beliefs of calvinism being taken to an extreme, to where one does not/must not follow the Great Commission, in case someone God didn't call to be elect gets saved, and I guess the world blows up or something...

eternomade

Consider Lordship salvation putting true repentance into salvation. Can you truly consider someone to be saved if there is absolutely no change in their life? If you are UNWILLING to bow before Christ, just what are you basing your salvation on? Are you aware of this idea known as "sanctification"? Can you stop mistaking a belief in sanctification as being salvation? Salvation grants eternal life, which Calvinists believe. Sanctification is where we become more like Christ, which Paul describes as one's works being gems and gold, or burnt up like chaff, however the person is still saved, though through the fire. Why are they still saved? Because it is sanctification, not salvation that Paul is talking about. As for hyper calvinism, this comes from beliefs of calvinism being taken to an extreme, to where one does not/must not follow the Great Commission, in case someone God didn't call to be elect gets saved, and I guess the world blows up or something...
I am not talking about sanctification, but rather justification. Justification is caused by grace through faith.

armylngst

I am not talking about sanctification, but rather justification. Justification is caused by grace through faith.
Justification is when God declares someone to be justified, that is, their sins are gone. Justification is not "caused". It is an action on the part of God which cannot be forced, or caused. It is determined by God.

eternomade

Justification is when God declares someone to be justified, that is, their sins are gone. Justification is not "caused". It is an action on the part of God which cannot be forced, or caused. It is determined by God.
Why would justification not be "caused" by God?

armylngst

It is not "caused" it is an action on the part of God. There is no switch that has to be pulled to "cause" it. God determines, and God justifies.