What are some THEOLOGICAL issues in Islam you feel need to be addressed?

sk0rpi0n

I am writing a booklet that addresses common Christian arguments against Islam and I'm looking for topics to cover.
What are some THEOLOGICAL issues in Islam you feel need to be addressed?

Feel free to mention them here and I will research the topic and answer them, God willing. Oh and I might include the material in my booklet.

Their denial of the Lord Jesus being God.

Since the Bible teaches the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer proves He is God. It would require only one time for this to be the case.

Their denial of the Lord Jesus being God.

Since the Bible teaches the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer proves He is God. It would require only one time for this to be the case.

Islam teaches that God is separate from His creation (including man). That is why Islam denies the idea of Jesus being God. Perhaps you don't accept Islamic sources as a yardstick to resolve the question you raised, so let's go by what the Bible says.

Jesus cannot be the "proper recipient of prayer" because even according to Christianity, Jesus is the SON and taught that it's the FATHER who is to be worshiped, not the son.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. – Matthew 6:6

“But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers – John 4:23

Jesus himself prayed to the FATHER

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” – Matthew 26:39

Jesus taught a prayer that is addressed to the FATHER

“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.... – Matthew 6:9

(If Jesus was God, then the Lord's prayer he taught should have been addressed to the "son".)

So Islam's denial of Jesus' godhood is fully in line with Jesus' own teachings.

so let's go by what the Bible says.

The Bible teaches the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer and worship.

Jesus cannot be the "proper recipient of prayer" because even according to Christianity, Jesus is the SON and taught that it's the FATHER who is to be worshiped, not the son.

But nowhere did He teach worship belongs only to the Father.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. – Matthew 6:6

The same Greek word for "pray" is properly used in reference to the Lord Jesus in Acts 1:24.
https://forums.carm.org/threads/to-pray-to-jesus-or-not-to-pray-to-jesus.10760/page-12#post-961606

“But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers – John 4:23

The same Greek word for "worship" used in John 4:23 is properly used in reference to the Lord Jesus in John 9:38.

The above is why Islam is a lie and should be rejected by all.

Back