What are the sources that you will accept evidence from?

Authentic Nouveau

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. ... Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

Any other questions?

Temujin

What are the sources that you will accept evidence from?
All and any source can provide evidence. Some are more credible inherently, some provide evidence that is difficult to accept without cross-checking. None are infallible. Generally speaking, a disinterested but well-informed source is preferable if you can only have one, but these days there is no excuse for not being well-informed of all sides of a story.

It isn't the sources of information that are the problem it is the assessment by the individual of the credibility of the source and the accuracy of the information they are presenting.

Authentic Nouveau

We watch pro-abortion bunksters that insist abortion is not killing a baby. While they totally reject evidence from a sonogram, heart monitor and tissue biopsies. Wellsh

I may well be the only person posting here that has touched a human baby with my very own hands while the baby was still relaxed in utero,
before using my strong farmer hand to put pressure on the fundus.

J regia

We watch pro-abortion bunksters that insist abortion is not killing a baby. While they totally reject evidence from a sonogram, heart monitor and tissue biopsies. Wellsh

I may well be the only person posting here that has touched a human baby with my very own hands while the baby was still relaxed in utero,
So why and how would a baby go back into a uterus, or do you think that it's because of their marsupial ancestry?

And which arm do you use, and do you wear a full shoulder length glove when you are putting pressure on the fundus with your "strong farmer hand", or do you just wear a large plastic bag? And do you hose it out first, or do you just dive in to grab the fundus?

Last edited:

J regia

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. ... Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

Any other questions?
Where and when was Jesus crowned as a king?

Temujin

You are certainly the only person here who fantasises about such things.

Backup

You are certainly the only person here who fantasises about such things.
I think we’ve all met people with his problem, though I‘be never seen it taken to such an extreme.

He might see Tom Hanks in an airport, then the next thing you know he’s telling people they are best friends.

He makes fries and a drink for a doctor, and next he’s convinced himself he’s a doctor too, the most accomplished doctor in the world, performing heart and brain surgeries, while also practicing law and delivering babies.

It’s kind of sad. The delusions of a sick mind in a person that’s never done anything they can be proud of.

Last edited:

Temujin

I think we’ve all met people with his problem, though I‘be never seen it taken to such an extreme.

He might see Tom Hanks in an airport, then the next thing you know he’s telling people they are best friends.

He makes fries and a drink for a doctor, and next he’s convinced himself he’s a doctor too, the most accomplished doctor in the world, performing heart and brain surgerie, while also practicing law and delivering babies.

It’s kind of sad. The delusions of a sick mind in a person that’s never done anything they can be proud of.
I agree, but when he starts talking about firmly pushing his strong farmer hands onto a woman's fundus, it makes me feel a bit sick. I bet he had to go for a lie down followed by a rest, after typing that.

Mr Laurier

He makes fries and a drink for a doctor, and next he’s convinced himself he’s a doctor too, the most accomplished doctor in the world, performing heart and brain surgeries, while also practicing law and delivering babies.

Indeed.

Mr Laurier

Can you name some?
Royal Geographical Society.
University of Toronto.
McMaster University.
University of Padua.
University of Heidelberg.
University of Krakow.
University of Tokyo.
Ecole Polytechnique.
University of Edinburgh.
Western University.
Harvard University.

Also, if Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and London Times agree, I will accept that as likely valid

vibise

Royal Geographical Society.
University of Toronto.
McMaster University.
University of Padua.
University of Heidelberg.
University of Krakow.
University of Tokyo.
Ecole Polytechnique.
University of Edinburgh.
Western University.
Harvard University.

Also, if Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and London Times agree, I will accept that as likely valid
I find it odd that you would name entire universities as acceptable sources. After all, top-tier universities support a diversity of opinion, and the opinion of Jordan Peterson at the U of Toronto, would not necessarily coincide with the opinions of other faculty members.

Similarly, Harvard law profs like Alan Dershowitz and Lawrence Tribe do not agree on many issues. So if you accept Harvard as a source, you could not possibly accept the conclusions of both of these profs.

Andy Sist

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure laughing at someone with such obvious mental and emotional issues. But what else can you do with someone who claims he just had lunch with a world famous anesthesiologist and didn't know the man actually died over a year before. :ROFLMAO:

Mr Laurier

I find it odd that you would name entire universities as acceptable sources. After all, top-tier universities support a diversity of opinion, and the opinion of Jordan Peterson at the U of Toronto, would not necessarily coincide with the opinions of other faculty members.

Similarly, Harvard law profs like Alan Dershowitz and Lawrence Tribe do not agree on many issues. So if you accept Harvard as a source, you could not possibly accept the conclusions of both of these profs.
Thats why corroboration is needed. U of T alone does not equal credible. But if you have Padua, Venice, Tokyo, and Heidelberg, all taking the same position, then you have cause to accept the claim as likely credible.

vibise

Thats why corroboration is needed. U of T alone does not equal credible. But if you have Padua, Venice, Tokyo, and Heidelberg, all taking the same position, then you have cause to accept the claim as likely credible.
Except universities don't generally make definitive public claims.

Individual profs publish papers that go through peer review and can then be accepted by the larger academic community in that specialty. If multiple individual profs concur through their own research, then that makes the claim more likely to be accepted, and professional organizations in specific specialties will accept those conclusions.

Mr Laurier

Except universities don't generally make definitive public claims.

Individual profs publish papers that go through peer review and can then be accepted by the larger academic community in that specialty. If multiple individual profs concur through their own research, then that makes the claim more likely to be accepted, and professional organizations in specific specialties will accept those conclusions.
Indeed.

Indeed. And if a wide assortment of profs, from many universities, having a diversity of opinions, are in agreement, they are likely onto something.