What are we after death?

Sethproton

contextually it’s shown in the OT.
I could not convince you, only you can find out, by studying the chapters. Yes I could again lay it out. I have on carm old forums. But that does no good. What will convince you is to find out for yourself by asking God’s help and re-studying the terms and lines and chapters in this context.
For me, a simple concept like Adam getting a different body, should be seen in a verse or two, if it is truly there.
But, if someone thinks you have to read massive amounts of scripture to prove a simple point, experience has shown me, something is amiss.

e v e

For me, a simple concept like Adam getting a different body, should be seen in a verse or two, if it is truly there.
But, if someone thinks you have to read massive amounts of scripture to prove a simple point, experience has shown me, something is amiss.

I've to assume you care to go find out if it is truly there.
and on that assumption, I said go see for yourself, translate for yourself,
in genesis 1 and then compare in prophets for confirmation.

If you already decided that it is not there then even if it is
nothing I would say will change your mind and you can dismiss the whole
topic because I did not show you 'a verse or two.' Not that you
would have believed me then, either; why would you since you
do not know me?

It's your job if you want to understand scripture to to go understand it.

Sethproton

I've to assume you care to go find out if it is truly there.
and on that assumption, I said go see for yourself, translate for yourself,
in genesis 1 and then compare in prophets for confirmation.

If you already decided that it is not there then even if it is
nothing I would say will change your mind and you can dismiss the whole
topic because I did not show you 'a verse or two.' Not that you
would have believed me then, either; why would you since you
do not know me?

It's your job if you want to understand scripture to to go understand it.
So you do not consider yourself a teacher? Or inclined at all to explain what you profess?

e v e

So you do not consider yourself a teacher? Or inclined at all to explain what you profess?
I have over and over explained what I understand... and were many posts attempting
on the old forums. Teaching... I don't know. Usually to teach it assumes someone wants to
attend that class and hear whats said.

The most important points are

eden is not in this world (cosmos) and not upon this earth.
this cosmos is a result of the fall.
He did not intend these bodies for us; they are corrupt and the result of the fall.

Sethproton

I have over and over explained what I understand... and were many posts attempting
on the old forums. Teaching... I don't know. Usually to teach it assumes someone wants to
attend that class and hear whats said.

The most important points are

eden is not in this world (cosmos) and not upon this earth.
this cosmos is a result of the fall.
He did not intend these bodies for us; they are corrupt and the result of the fall.
Again, your ideas are not in the Bible. Where do you get them?

Revelator

When we die and leave our bodies behind, what are we? We know that we receive a new body from Heaven at the resurrection.
John, after having seen the resurrected Christ, said he did not know what our bodies would be like, but when we saw Him, our bodies would be like His. Obviously, what John saw post resurrection was not the body he was speaking of, because he had seen it. The new body has not yet been seen.
So one question is, without a human body, are we still considered human? And when we get that body from Heaven, and are revealed as the sons of God, what category of being will we be? Definately, not gods. But possibly not humans.
Do you deny the Day Jesus foretold when the DEAD (not the living) will be resurrected & judged?

Revelator

Wondering exactly which verse you are referring to. I may agree with what you are talking about so I'd like to hear specific verses.
He was talking about the Resurrection- to HEAVEN.

1 Cor 15:44- It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. 45- Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living soul [Heb "Breathing Creature" a physical being] ”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Sethproton

He was talking about the Resurrection- to HEAVEN.

1 Cor 15:44- It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. 45- Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living soul [Heb "Breathing Creature" a physical being] ”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Ok. yeah. I agree that we will be changed to be in the form of Christ, the life giving Spirit.