What Are Your Plans For The Thanksgiving Holiday?

Gondwanaland

I'm gathering with family (a decent number of my wife's family is coming over, as are all my kids and several of my family from around the country).

Anyone else gathering with family? Staying home alone/with your significant other? Gathering with friends? Stuck with an insufferable Governor/Mayor who wants to fine you if you have a gathering?

Here in Denver, we don't have any limitations placed that are enforcible, but they've been pounding it into people's heads the last few weeks not to gather. Earlier today the oh-so-lovely mayor of Denver tweeted out a tweet telling people to stay home, 'pass the potatoes not COVID', and to not travel or host gatherings....... and then 30 minutes later hopped on a flight at the airport to go to his family in Mississippi for Thanksgiving.

Michael R2

I'm gathering with family (a decent number of my wife's family is coming over, as are all my kids and several of my family from around the country).

Anyone else gathering with family? Staying home alone/with your significant other? Gathering with friends? Stuck with an insufferable Governor/Mayor who wants to fine you if you have a gathering?

Here in Denver, we don't have any limitations placed that are enforcible, but they've been pounding it into people's heads the last few weeks not to gather. Earlier today the oh-so-lovely mayor of Denver tweeted out a tweet telling people to stay home, 'pass the potatoes not COVID', and to not travel or host gatherings....... and then 30 minutes later hopped on a flight at the airport to go to his family in Mississippi for Thanksgiving.
Cooking for three. Turkey with the usual trimmings.
Two of us live here and a good friend is coming over. As we are all 60 and over (with various health issues), we've been very careful during the pandemic and will continue to be so.
My state has a small spike at this time and has reestablished limits on customers within businesses without closing anything down (yet). They have advised against travel and large gatherings, but that's about it.
Hope your Thanksgiving is happy and safe.

Authentic Nouveau

We had a feast today at noon. No masks. No symptoms. Laughing at the serious of the illness didn't come up. Laughing about the political antics did come up. Our niece who is a nurse was the hostess. She also has taught nursing. Two others there were also nurses. It is much more difficult to create fear around medical people. Tomorrow the event may be not much different. The biggest changes are students dealing with off campus learning and people working from home.

J regia

We had a feast today at noon. No masks. No symptoms. Laughing at the serious of the illness didn't come up. Laughing about the political antics did come up. Our niece who is a nurse was the hostess. She also has taught nursing. Two others there were also nurses. It is much more difficult to create fear around medical people. Tomorrow the event may be not much different. The biggest changes are students dealing with off campus learning and people working from home.
And how many C-sections have you done this week, and how many priapisms did you treat when you did them?

Last edited:

Hypatia_Alexandria

I have a sudden overwhelming sensation of déjà vu!:);)

Authentic Nouveau

Credit card people reported huge increase in Black Friday spending. This was predicted by me when several months ago I posted about the unexplained boom in M1 and M2 money supply. But mobs at stores were reduced because "deals" were started several weeks ago. We hit Cabela's (Bass Pro Shop) the store had no wait at check out and all check out lanes were open. But the store was full of people. Gun sales strong and triggered by left winger violence.