What beside faith is needed for salvation?

Okay so what else in mentioned there other than faith? I have asked you this question a dozen times, at least, and have never had the first reply from you. You have yet to list what else was there other than faith.
I've been asking this question for years here. No takers yet. Catholics hate it when we post verses they themselves have to interpret. Such a simple verse but it goes against the very fabric of catholicism. They can't answer it w/o going against official catholic teaching. So its anything other than faith alone.

bluedog1us said:
Okay so what else in mentioned there other than faith? I have asked you this question a dozen times, at least, and have never had the first reply from you. You have yet to list what else was there other than faith.
I've been asking this question for years here. No takers yet. Catholics hate it when we post verses they themselves have to interpret. Such a simple verse but it goes against the very fabric of catholicism. They can't answer it w/o going against official catholic teaching. So its anything other than faith alone.
yes, it's been asked over and over - with no answer from any catholics.

I know. That's why I keep asking. Maybe one day it will soak in.
Not if they want to remain good Catholics! Trent anathematized any who have the temerity to say we are saved by faith. Which the local RCs parrot faithfully. Unfortunately, after 450-odd years, the Magesteria still haven't figured out what else is needed. Or are afraid to say what it is...

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

No, What did she DO? She did something. She didnt come in and say she believed. She did something.
So you want to rewrite scripture because it doesn't align with catholic beliefs. Okay, shoot. Rewrite the verse so it placates catholics. Give us your infallible interpretation. Remember those in Matt 7:22ff 'did things' too. What did Jesus say to them? Doing something isn't how one gets to heaven. But youre up, tell us what saved that woman. Here it is again lest we forget.

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

So you want to rewrite scripture because it doesn't align with catholic beliefs. Okay, shoot. Rewrite the verse so it placates catholics. Give us your infallible interpretation. Remember those in Matt 7:22ff 'did things' too. What did Jesus say to them? Doing something isn't how one gets to heaven. But youre up, tell us what saved that woman. Here it is again lest we forget.

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
no, I asked what did she do? There was way more to the verse than you pointed to. There was something she did before Jesus said those words.

no, I asked what did she do? There was way more to the verse than you pointed to. There was something she did before Jesus said those words.
so you think she was saved because of what she did? that's very catholic of you. she loved HIM. what she did outwardly expressed her love for HIM. -- it could be seen by others. as James 2 speaks about - but catholics know nothing of it.

Did Jesus say to the woman your deed today saved you? You know very well that He didn't but if you admit that it was her faith, then it nullifies getting into heaven by our own power. Jesus in a parable about the tax collector and the pharisee, condemned works as a means for salvation. The woman didn't do what she did, to get into heaven, but because she truly believed who He said He was and believed HE was the source of forgiveness and salvation. What a contrast to the rcc.

The rcc is indefensible and morally bankrupt. Faith can not be exercised without a firm trust that God is powerful enough to save you. The rcc teaches God isn't strong enough so you have to worship the church. A bold faced lie!!! But from your posts we can certain deem that you would rather believe the lie than the truth. Lies, do not require a change and rebirth from above.

Why don't you just rewrite the verse for us? Put some words in Jesus' mouth. Explain it to us. What saved the woman? You keep asking questions about what she did but never tell us anything specific.

There was way more to the verse than you pointed to

Like what? Its a pretty short verse. Give us your interpretation.

No, What did she DO? She did something. She didnt come in and say she believed. She did something.
I don't care if she came to Him cutting backflips on a unicycle. JESUS said your FAITH has saved you. Why argue with Jesus? What she did or didn't do made NO difference. It was her FAITH that saved her. What part of that don't you understand?

I don't care if she came to Him cutting backflips on a unicycle. JESUS said your FAITH has saved you. Why argue with Jesus? What she did or didn't do made NO difference. It was her FAITH that saved her. What part of that don't you understand?
I fear that understanding it is not the Roman Catholics' problem. It is a problem of accepting what God has plainly said when it goes counter to what the RCC proclaims. Over and over we hear the master of the RCC saying, "Hasss God really ssssaid?", with its (knowingly or unknowingly) duped minions echoing its words. They accept the "security" of the prison of Roman Catholicism, while rejecting the Christ Whose word would set them truly free.

They are in flat-out rebellion against their Creator, all the while declaring the excellency of their gods. The worst type of enslavement is when the slaves "know" that they are free. I read an anecdote about a businessman who visited North Korea. Near the end of his stay, the young lady who was his guide asked (in apparent sincerity), "Aren't you jealous of what we have here?" ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Why don't you just rewrite the verse for us? Put some words in Jesus' mouth. Explain it to us. What saved the woman? You keep asking questions about what she did but never tell us anything specific.

Like what? Its a pretty short verse. Give us your interpretation.
Bump for Blessings8. Care to answer? You seem sure something other than faith saved her but aren't telling us what. Help a prot out.

Bump for Blessings8. Care to answer? You seem sure something other than faith saved her but aren't telling us what. Help a prot out.
36 One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house and reclined at table. 37 And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was reclining at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, 38 and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head and kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner.” 40 And Jesus answering said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he answered, “Say it, Teacher.”

41 “A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.” 44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Then those who were at table with him began to say among[a] themselves, “Who is this, who even forgives sins?” 50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Her Faith was not just belief. Faith has action to it. There is repentance, love, obedience. It is not Faith ALONE.

36 One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house and reclined at table. 37 And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was reclining at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, 38 and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head and kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner.” 40 And Jesus answering said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he answered, “Say it, Teacher.”

41 “A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.” 44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Then those who were at table with him began to say among[a] themselves, “Who is this, who even forgives sins?” 50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Her Faith was not just belief. Faith has action to it. There is repentance, love, obedience. It is not Faith ALONE.

Are you saying Jesus lied? Because in verse 50, Jesus said " your FAITH has saved you". Are you saying the rcc's word is greater than Jesus's words? Did HE even mention WORKS? She did what she did BECAUSE of her faith!

Are you saying Jesus lied? Because in verse 50, Jesus said " your FAITH has saved you". Are you saying the rcc's word is greater than Jesus's words? Did HE even mention WORKS? She did what she did BECAUSE of her faith!

That woman had love. She had repentance and she showed it. She didn't speak a word. Your issue isn't with me, it is with scripture.

Back