What beside faith is needed for salvation?

But the poster has, it is you who is showing a lack of understanding of those words and is trying to make a case for works based salvvation and failing.
NO, protestants say faith ALONE. Jesus nor the bible ever teach that.
Jesus says:
Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown.

the bible also states that greater than faith is love. Faith is never ALONE.

Jesus says:
Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown.

the bible also states that greater than faith is love.

We aren't fooled by your false love and desire to promote self will.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus also said the above, and that leaves no room for human works. We either come to God on HIS terms or we don't come to Him at all. The rc's wants God to bend to their will. I'm beginning to see the rcc more and more as the anti christ, because it claims it is god, and demands humans worship it. And look to it, instead of pointing people to Christ as the only way. Definitely a false prophet that sits on the many waters.

Not sure what post you are referring to but the only posts I have posted were Jesus' own words.
you quoted post 405. I never said you didn't quote Jesus' words. But Jesus also quoted verse 50, which you keep bypassing so as not to have to acknowledge that man has no power to save himself. When Jesus said HE was the only way to God. His statement excludes human works.

Works appeals to our sinful nature, that desires to be in control of our eternal destiny. This is fed by pride and desire to be in control of one's self. Rc's desire to be in control of their eternal destiny instead of handing the reins over to God. Its says rc's do NOT trust God, they trust in themselves.

There is abundant evidence all throughout Scripture of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Scripture as a whole teaches that our good works can never outweigh bad works. Rc's let pride get in the way of truth.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The above leaves no room for human works to provide eternal life for ourselves. Either we come to God on HIS terms or we don't come to Him at all. We humans, can NOT bend God to fit and obey our will and whim. He has rejected all other ways to Him than the way said for us to Come to Him. Rc's are bound and determined to get into heaven by their own will and desire. NOT gonna happen.

Jesus says:

No it is RCs who always use the word alone, they are obsessed with it.

Yep she had faith and that is what saved her. Faith changes us and it is God who does the works. Not man. If faith does not save then God's work is wrong and Paul was not inspired.

Heb 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Eh 2: 8+

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Rom 3:28

For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Gal 2:26

Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Without faith one does not know what real love is.

the verse illustrates her love and repetance. It was not fatih ALONE.

Jesus' words:

“Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Faith is not ALONE.
Don't leave verse 50 out of the story, for it is THE main point.

Jesus says:
Way to go to conflate the cause with the effects. "He just won the highest prize in the lottery—as his happy demeanor shows". She was not forgiven because she loved. She loved because she was forgiven, which is implied by the following sentence: "But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."
We are not saved because we are loving and good. We have been saved despite being ungodly and dead in trespasses. Love is the fruit of salvation. Never its cause.

Way to go to conflate the cause with the effects. "He just won the highest prize in the lottery—as his happy demeanor shows". She was not forgiven because she loved. She loved because she was forgiven, which is implied by the following sentence: "But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."

We are not saved because we are loving and good. We have been saved despite being ungodly and dead in trespasses. Love is the fruit of salvation. Never its cause.
Will you be saved by faith without love? Will you be saved without obedience to Gods commandments? Will you be saved by without repentance and living a virtuous life?

Back