What did Christ have to do for us before he could die for us?

TomFL

Bob he went up to the mountain because he doubted the promise God gave him earlier, as if Abram would have just believed the promise God made to Him earlier he would have just laughed at and with God and said "good try", but you have already promised me that Isaac is the promised heir and you cannot contradict yourself because you are God. "So you are just testing me". Abram's problem was that he didn't believe God's promise to begin with, because if he had; he wouldn't even bothered bringing Isaac to the mountain to begin with. So you are conflating belief and unbelief here, as it was Abram's unbelief that caused him to doubt and not his belief at all. Understand?
God seems to have had a different view

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me

The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Ge 22:12.