What does it mean to "be saved"?

Dizerner

What is your Biblical support for that?

Thank you for your input. I appreciated your responses very much.

There are many verses that talk about false or fake converts, such as "wolves in sheep's clothing."

21 "Not everyone who says to Me,`Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day,`Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them,`I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' (Mat 7:21-23 NKJ)

These people were surprised Christ said they didn't know him. so they obviously considered themselves Christians.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. (1Jo 2:19 NKJ)

Here is discussed someone who was a "part of the group" and yet it turns out they were not really a part.

Gary Mac

Chuckle!!! I'm Perfect (experimentally) probably to the same degree YOU are. But PERFECT in my standing before God just like you are (Assuming you're Born Again).
Experimentally perfect? Either you are perfect as He is perfect and walk as He walks in His same light or you are not and do not.

And because I am as He is by the same SPirit, mind, walk, life His life of Love, as Jesus walks in our Father, then born again is not an assumption as you experiment with and try and control through a belief.
Or MAYBE it's your flawed interpretation of the WORD that's wrong.
Or perhaps it is your flawed interpretation from lack in being as He is to have His same mind as He demands if we are to be like Him? Which is the only way to be perfected in Him, He in you and you in Him as one, John 17. Evidentially that is not within your grasp.

1 John 3, and when you see Him as He is (instead of you seeing Him as you see Him through laws for a belief with no reality of), , ye shall be like Him instead.

And it isnt a matter of me standing before God for some judgment, it is a matter of Him in me and I in Him as one to have His same mind, same disposition that of Love for God is Love. In that we are our own judge whether we are like Him or not. And you know very well if you are like Him and prefect even as He is perfect just as I do.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Experimentally perfect? Either you are perfect as He is perfect and walk as He walks in His same light or you are not and do not.

And because I am as He is by the same SPirit, mind, walk, life His life of Love, as Jesus walks in our Father, then born again is not an assumption as you experiment with and try and control through a belief.

Or perhaps it is your flawed interpretation from lack in being as He is to have His same mind as He demands if we are to be like Him? Which is the only way to be perfected in Him, He in you and you in Him as one, John 17. Evidentially that is not within your grasp.

1 John 3, and when you see Him as He is (instead of you seeing Him as you see Him through laws for a belief with no reality of), , ye shall be like Him instead.

And it isnt a matter of me standing before God for some judgment, it is a matter of Him in me and I in Him as one to have His same mind, same disposition that of Love for God is Love. In that we are our own judge whether we are like Him or not. And you know very well if you are like Him and prefect even as He is perfect just as I do.
I always get a kick out of experimentally "Perfect People". Dream on.

Bob Carabbio

Born Again CHristians are "Positionally Perfect" - i.e. they have been CLEANSED of their sin (and continue to be cleansed as they confess their sin and repent of 'em). so they are PERFECT in GOd's sight in Jesus Christ.

HOWEVER in REAL LIFE a Born again Christian WILL NOT be perfect in life, and will continue to commit SIN in their daily walk - i.e. they will NOT be "Experimentally perfect" - indicating the need for an "Advocate" with God (Jesus) who "pleads our case" when we confess and repent.

SImple as that. I remember a lady who claimed to "Live perfectly", but who also taught her kids to hate their grandparents, because they weren't "holy enough". She didn't see any problem with that -

TonyGee11

Gary Mac
To make yourself equal to God as perfect is quite an accomplishment. Do you now have as much power as He, to create a universe ? You try to interpret scripture but miss the mark. The day Jesus speaks of in JOHN 16 has not yet arrived. If you study that chapter very carefully, you will find that day is not until after Jesus has returned, gathered His saint, ands taken them back to heaven with Him, and they are standing in the very presence of God the Father and they will be able to speak directly to Him.

Until that day arrives you will only be able to speak to Him through His mediator, who is His only begotten Son, who walked upon the earth as The Lord Jesus Christ, the Redeemer and Savour of the world. You have yet to learn who Jesus is in reality, why He has 3 names, how He got them and what each one means. Why John the Baptist called Him, The Lamb of God, and what qualifications did he He have to accomplish to fulfill this title.

Since you are an interpreter of scripture, to start, please tell us what John 16: 27--31 says to you. That's all I am going to ask of you now.

This is not a personal attack on you only your interpretation of some scripture.

This is a little off OP but will have comment on that tomorrow.

TonyGee11

Gary Mac

Gary Mac
To make yourself equal to God as perfect is quite an accomplishment.
But I cannot make myself equal to God, only God in us can make us like Himself. No matter how hard one tries to follow the way of God you will fail miserably. You dont seem to understand His way is a gift to live His life and not an effort on our part. Our part is to obey and receieve His gift of Life in Love. For God is Love. .
Do you now have as much power as He, to create a universe ?
His kingdom is not of this universe, His kingdom is Spirit and man is the temple of Him. The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. See Jesus in Luke 17:20-21. no flesh inherits the kingdom of God only SPirit inherit His kingdom.
You try to interpret scripture but miss the mark.
Same way Jesus missed it to those as you who didnt believe him to have from God themselves either?
The day Jesus speaks of in JOHN 16 has not yet arrived.
I agree -- it hasnt for those who has not come to that day where God is manifest in you, born again, born of God where He gives the increase, and has His same mind and walk as He walks in it where He opens all those little books, opens a new heaven and earth.

Only because you have not reach that day doesnt men others hasnt, it only means you havent

If you study that chapter very carefully, you will find that day is not until after Jesus has returned, gathered His saint, ands taken them back to heaven with Him, and they are standing in the very presence of God the Father and they will be able to speak directly to Him.
But God has gathered His saints. Al who has received Him are His saints, He in us and we in Him are one. If you will study the spirit of it you will see God is a God of the living. You will go to a grave never meeting Him in your current state of religious beliefs of a god you dictate to as a man to come.

Truth is your god is still in a grave, a god you have no access to and await, that you hold him into a grave.

My God is alive and has come to me and all who will receieve Him as Jesus did and opened up all of His heaven just as He did in Jesus and these others we read of He was risen in, especially Jesus in Matt 3:16.

Back to heaven? The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. but I dont expect you will believe Jesus in Luke 17:20-21. Heaven and hell is not a place, it is the state of ones spirit.

Until that day arrives you will only be able to speak to Him through His mediator, who is His only begotten Son, who walked upon the earth as The Lord Jesus Christ, the Redeemer and Savour of the world.
In that day ye shall ask him noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. All of His sons are begotten of Him. DO a word search on begotten and see that we are who are born of God. We are His only begotten, there is no other way to be of Him least you are begotten of God. Begotten simply means a duplication of the original, or an extension from the original, and either you are in His same image of SPirit or you are not and not begotten of Him. You are letting religious beliefs keep you from being of Him is all.

And he didnt come to save you at all he came that ye MIGHT be saved, you just do not follow him in his way for salvation which is to be begotten of God, God manifest in you just as He was manifest in Jesus. You are missing every aspect of God this very day in favor of your own dictation to your god for your religious beliefs of a god.
You have yet to learn who Jesus is in reality, why He has 3 names, how He got them and what each one means.
You have yet to learn God sent Jesus for example and teacher for who you are supposed to be in the Father yourself as Gods example sent for you to be like His example sent.

God doesnt have three names LOL, God doesnt have a name at all, the best discerption of God is Love for God is a SPirit and that Spirit is Love and man is the temple of Him, in His same image of Love, same disposition, same mind and walk as He walks in it just as Jesus did.

You just dont follow the one God sent to show you the way the truth and the life and as he said no one comes to the Father least you have the same as he had, by me.
Why John the Baptist called Him, The Lamb of God, and what qualifications did he He have to accomplish to fulfill this title.
Same qualification we all have who are born of God and are His son, we have the same inheritance from the Father as Jesus had from Him. We are Christs and Christ is Gods. Christ means Gods anointed, Christ in you is you anointed of God -=- or is supposed to be anointed of God but that doesnt seem possible for you does it?
Since you are an interpreter of scripture, to start, please tell us what John 16: 27--31 says to you. That's all I am going to ask of you now.
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

just as we all cam out from God who has received Him in our being as Jesus did. See Matt 3:16, this is hoe He does it in us all who are born of God and is our Father of SPirit.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

All in God come forth from the Father and am come into this world, and again we leave this world and are in the Father. We who are born of God are in this world but not of it.

If you have studied the bible at all you will know it was edited again by punctuation that wasnt added in until a little over 400 years ago. That : between world and again is misleading. remove it as the original states and it puts a whole new understanding of that sentence.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Self explanatory.

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

They didnt believe him at all. Every single one of them flat out denied to be identified with him in his trials and tribulations. Not one said I know him.

It is the very same today. People have good intent until the chips are down and they are held acountable for being like Him as god demands of you as He demanded of Jesus own disciples.

You cant be a disciple of God least you are one. Those who denied to be identified him was not his disciples at all, his disciples are identified with Him, God manifest in us.

We have the very same today. Who do you know besides me who is perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus commands of you, and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did to be identified with the Father as Jesus was identified with Him?

And that isnt an arrogant statement as is going through your mind, it is a truth in testimony of being a son of and identified with God as Jesus was identified as His son no different at all. He in me and I in Him are one, just as Jesus was one in Him and prayed to his God for you to be.

This is not a personal attack on you only your interpretation of some scripture.
I underastand,

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Goes back to the Father Himself shall give it you.

26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Note that Jesus prayed to his God for you. The problem with people not having and being of God as Jesus was is they do not know the One Jesus prayed to and obeyed. They have made their god a man instead for they can relate to a god of flesh but they cant relate to the God who is SPirit and was in that man that he prayed to,

Then some will actually say Jesus prayed to himself lol.

This is a little off OP but will have comment on that tomorrow.

TonyGee11

Pipiripi

People to be saved is to keep digging in the scriptures searching for the truth.
And if you die doing this, you are saved, because you don't have the chance to know better.
But for the Christians that have many years attending a church seeing the truth and ignoring it, then there will be no place in heaven for those!!
This people are the true God's children today.
Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12.

Manfred

People to be saved is to keep digging in the scriptures searching for the truth.
No, that is not what it means to be saved.
And if you die doing this, you are saved, because you don't have the chance to know better.
That is just not true. Where are you getting this from? Emotions chapter 3:4?
But for the Christians that have many years attending a church seeing the truth and ignoring it, then there will be no place in heaven for those!!
Why do you call them Christians, and how can they know it is truth without being convicted by the Holy Spirit and displaying a changed life?

Jesus called them Tares.
Which ones?

37 He answered, The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. (Matt 13)

Pipiripi

No, that is not what it means to be saved.

That is just not true. Where are you getting this from? Emotions chapter 3:4?

Why do you call them Christians, and how can they know it is truth without being convicted by the Holy Spirit and displaying a changed life?

Jesus called them Tares.

Which ones?

37 He answered, The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. 40 Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, 42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. (Matt 13)
First of all, the thief on the cross is an example of the person that has accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, and died before they have a chance to growing up.
I think that you didn't read Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12. These people are the true Christians today. Are you one of them?
What you have write about the tares and wheat, do you know who is tares and wheat? Don't you know that aslong if you wake up as you are a sinner, there is still hope for you to get salvation?
And also stop judging people if they are Christians or not.

Manfred

First of all, the thief on the cross is an example of the person that has accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, and died before they have a chance to growing up.
So what made the Thief saved?
I think that you didn't read Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12. These people are the true Christians today. Are you one of them?
I have the imputed righteousness of Christ and have been save by the grace of God through faith.
What do those 2 passages have to do with my salvation?

Do you want to list the commandments spoken of in those passages and explain how you are keeping them?
What you have write about the tares and wheat, do you know who is tares and wheat? Don't you know that aslong if you wake up as you are a sinner, there is still hope for you to get salvation?
I am redeemed. Your thinking I am still an unredeemed sinner is just wrong.
Are you not redeemed?
And also stop judging people if they are Christians or not.
That one is on you as above and throughout.
Perhaps there is a language problem but you certainly are judging not only me but all of Christendom.

Gary Mac

Oh NO' Gods salvation is God manifest in you. You being as He is, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light., perfect as He is perfect, holy pure and without sin. His salvation is from sin which simply is separation from Him to be the things He is. Love, Holy Love, or Holy Spirit as the bible calls it.

It isnt a matter of searching for the truth, it is a matter of obeying ,repenting of self, and receieve His truth where it is a gift to have your own mind, your own disposition that of God Who is Love.

Gary Mac

So what made the Thief saved?
He received Gods SPirit.
I have the imputed righteousness of Christ and have been save by the grace of God through faith.
What do those 2 passages have to do with my salvation?
Then you are as He is as Jesus was, anointed of God and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Do you want to list the commandments spoken of in those passages and explain how you are keeping them?
It isnt a matter of trying to keep them it is a matter of being what they say you should be.
I am redeemed. Your thinking I am still an unredeemed sinner is just wrong.
Are you not redeemed?
Are you a sinner?
That one is on you as above and throughout.
Perhaps there is a language problem but you certainly are judging not only me but all of Christendom.
As you judge me for having from God the exact from God he had from Him?

Pipiripi

Oh NO' Gods salvation is God manifest in you. You being as He is, same mind, same walk as He walks in His same light., perfect as He is perfect, holy pure and without sin. His salvation is from sin which simply is separation from Him to be the things He is. Love, Holy Love, or Holy Spirit as the bible calls it.

It isnt a matter of searching for the truth, it is a matter of obeying ,repenting of self, and receieve His truth where it is a gift to have your own mind, your own disposition that of God Who is Love.
First of all! There is any Christians that have their own things to do what they think is right.

All true Christians are God's slaves, or better says, God's property. We all have our own will to choose, to be one of those people in Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12.

I saw by reading how many people here believe is that they don't let the Bible interpreted itself, by using one verse and from this verse made their own conclusion what it means like John 1:1. Inplace to read the whole context of John 1:1-18. And that is how Satan works. Exactly how he did it with Eve.

Manfred

He received Gods SPirit.

Then you are as He is as Jesus was, anointed of God and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

It isnt a matter of trying to keep them it is a matter of being what they say you should be.

Are you a sinner?

As you judge me for having from God the exact from God he had from Him?
NWRT

Hark

Inviting responses from anyone / everyone. What does it mean to "be saved"? Saved from what? For what?

What is required to "be saved"? For example, getting baptized, or "believer's baptism" only, or repentance, or "the sinner's prayer," or ...? Is it a one-time thing (once saved always saved) or can a person be saved and then lose one's salvation, and if so, what kind of things jeopardize one's salvation?

Are all Christians saved? Are some non-Christians saved?

For that matter, what does it take to be a "Christian"? Many people think certain denominations aren't "real Christians," such as Catholics, Mormons, etc. Who gets to decide which actions, or labels, or whatever, qualify some people as "Christian," or some people as "saved," and other people as "not Christian" and/or "not saved"?

And before you answer, "Scripture says...." keep in mind that every single person who has an answer will have Scripture to support their answer, even though their answers may disagree. So, the question is: why is your verse better than another person's verse, or your interpretation of Scripture better than another person's interpretation?
All believers are saved the moment they had believed in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God has raised Him from the dead. Romans 10:8-17

Our bodies are now the temples of the holy Spirit; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 & Jesus is within us always 2 Corinthians 13:5 as a testimony from God that we are saved as we are the new wine bottles able to hold the new wine. Matthew 9:17 Let us not deny Him by seeking a continual filling.

Not all believers will be ready for the Bridegroom to be saved from what is coming on the earth. Luke 12:40-49 & Luke 17:26-37 & 2 Peter 3:3-14

Some will be found in unrepentant iniquity for why they are left behind per Luke 13:24-30 & Revelation 2:18-25 & 1 Corinthians 3:10-17.

What the church fails to do per excommunication to lead those that err to repentance, God will do for the Marriage Supper 1 Corinthians 5:4-5 & 1 Corinthians 5:8-11 & 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV

Some will love this life more that they are ensnared by the cares of this life that they will not want to leave per Luke 14:15-24

That is why we are to pray for His help, not only to lay aside daily every weight & sin to be found abiding in Him ( Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 John 2:1-2 & 1 John 1:3-9 ), but for help to be willing to go for our hearts to be on the treasures above and not on the earth; Luke 21:33-36 & Colossians 3:1-2 So let us all hope in His mercy in keeping us from falling & presenting us faultless to His glory in Heaven; Jude 1:24-25 & 2 Timothy 4:18

Gary Mac

First of all! There is any Christians that have their own things to do what they think is right.
It isnt a matter of thinking if you do right, Jim Jones and David Koresh thought they did what it right. It is a matter of you being as He is, He in you and you in Him as one and walk in His Love as Jesus did. It is who we become not what we believe we become.
All true Christians are God's slaves, or better says, God's property. We all have our own will to choose, to be one of those people in Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12.
I dont see it as a slave but a servant, and I agree we all choose whether He is Lord over us to obey and become that what He is Lord over us for. I have to look at it as a child that is servant to all but owns everything of my Father.
I saw by reading how many people here believe is that they don't let the Bible interpreted itself, by using one verse and from this verse made their own conclusion what it means like John 1:1. to read the whole context of John 1:1-18. And that is how Satan works. Exactly how he did it with Eve.
I totally agree. Without the light of having the mind of God, which is His Spirit, all one can do is speculate what is trying to be conveyed and in that opinions are formed and in those opinions laws are established to regulate that belief.

Reading what people say about their beliefs there is very little evidence they have actually received the Christ not knowing that CHrist simply means Gods anointed and cannot identify with Gods anointing which simply is Love. SO in that their relationship with God is by law only withjout the manifestation of Him to have His same mind, or Spirit that the mind is.