What does the Bible say about the prosperity gospel?

tbeachhead

Give and it shall be given unto you, pressed down, shaken down and running over...for with the measure that you use to give, it will be measured out to you in return.

The Lord has given you the power to obtain wealth.

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for My sake and for the gospel will fail to receive a hundredfold in the present age— houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, along with persecutions— and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”…

Sell all you have and you will have treasure in heaven.

It says a lot, actually.

It says...Don't be anxious saying what shall I wear, what shall I eat...For the Lord knows...

It really says a lot.

Slyzr

Give and it shall be given unto you, pressed down, shaken down and running over...for with the measure that you use to give, it will be measured out to you in return.

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for My sake and for the gospel will fail to receive a hundredfold in the present age— houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, along with persecutions— and in the age to come, eternal life. 31But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.”…

It says a lot, actually.

It says...Don't be anxious saying what shall I wear, what shall I eat...For the Lord knows...

It really says a lot.

People should realize, the bible narrative is much about Priest Kings.

and yes ..... I suppose they had their needs being more then adequately meet.

How are things?

sr

Beloved Daughter

It says a lot, actually.

It really says a lot.

The prosperity gospel is a lie of demons.

The Apostle Paul never got wealthy. He was martyred.

The Apostle Peter never got wealthy. He was martyred.

Slyzr

Not supporting the "prosperity gospel"

Cough cough ........

Wasn't Paul saying that many gave their lives for a better resurrection?

All I was saying is that the biblical text's are much about very wealthy priest kings.

Who ruled ....... and were probably not poor.

sr

Beloved Daughter

Not supporting the "prosperity gospel"

Cough cough ........

Wasn't Paul saying that many gave their lives for a better resurrection?

All I was saying is that the biblical text's are much about very wealthy priest kings.

Who ruled ....... and were probably not poor.

sr

Yet, Paul, chosen by Jesus, was shipwrecked, beaten and imprisoned. If that's your definition of prosperity, health and wealth, then I question your reasoning powers. I don't see any scripture supporting this. But you can try.

tbeachhead

People should realize, the bible narrative is much about Priest Kings.

and yes ..... I suppose they had their needs being more then adequately meet.

How are things?

sr
Things are OK...retired after forty years of teaching...Could not effectively teach with distance learning. I had to go.

tbeachhead

Umm...gloob...I guess that's decided...I quoted the biblical support for the prosperity. You are linking folks who claim that godliness is great gaain. They're the ones Paul warned about, without ever taking away from the prosperity gospel he preached...You fail to differentiate scripture from selfish gain claimed by those who seek to enrich themselves. I don't believe that's the best approach. You can know what God says without bowing to what the rich are claiming to enrich themselves.

Beloved Daughter

Umm...gloob...I guess that's decided...I quoted the biblical support for the prosperity. You are linking folks who claim that godliness is great gaain. They're the ones Paul warned about, without ever taking away from the prosperity gospel he preached...You fail to differentiate scripture from selfish gain claimed by those who seek to enrich themselves. I don't believe that's the best approach. You can know what God says without bowing to what the rich are claiming to enrich themselves.

BTW, which of the Disciples died rich? Jesus chose them and he never made them rich. Not ever.