What does this quote from Ignatius mean?

Yes father as in dad, not as a spiritual teacher-they have fathered 0 spiritual truth. God alone fathered all spiritual truth.
Job 29:16 I was a father to the poor; the complaint of the stranger I pursued
1 Cor 4:15 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was in Mesopotamia [Acts 7]
Still think they are all dads? ? :LOL:;)

Still think they are all dads? ? :LOL:;)
Paul was anointed by Jesus. He taught Gods truth-The Pope teaches lies made up at councils. And it said call no man Father, it did not say that one couldn't call themselves that. And Abraham fathered the seed God made a promise through. So he did Father something. The Pope fathered 0.

The Church in Rome teaches the other Churches due to its primacy.
BUT HEY!!! At least "the Church in Rome" doesn't murder everybody that gets in their way any more. That's "progress", I guess.

The only reason the Roman Catholic religious system has "Primacy" is that they tossed everybody else under the bus, and staked their FALSE CLAIM.
Roman Catholicism is "just another collection of Denominations" among many, and corrupt to the core. Look at the MESS they've created for themselves NOW with their new "Pope thing"!!!!

For instance, he isn't clear if he is making an infallible permanent rule, ie. that Rome's leadership can never err doctrinally,
Which would obviously NOT be true, since Rome has been teaching Biblical ERROR, and PAGAN DOCTRINES for CENTURIES.

But at LEAST they can't/don't Murder anybody that disagrees with 'em any more like they did in the good 'ol days.

The Church in Rome teaches the other Churches due to its primacy.
Which it STOLE from the Orthodox Catholic systems, and threw them under the bus so that they could be #1!!!

The Roman Catholic Religious system has successfully convinced itself and it's "true believers" that: it IS something that IT WILL NEVER BE - i.e. The "One True Church of Jesus Christ" - when in fact it's nothing but just another an error filled Denominational Corporation that denies the SIMPLICITY OF THE GOSPEL, and substitutes its own Traditions, and worthless ceremonies instead.

Which it STOLE from the Orthodox Catholic systems, and threw them under the bus so that they could be #1!!!

The Roman Catholic Religious system has successfully convinced itself and it's "true believers" that: it IS something that IT WILL NEVER BE - i.e. The "One True Church of Jesus Christ" - when in fact it's nothing but just another an error filled Denominational Corporation that denies the SIMPLICITY OF THE GOSPEL, and substitutes its own Traditions, and worthless ceremonies instead.
They got their power and wealth by not following Jesus.

Catholics used this to "prove" the papacy: You have never envied any one; you have taught others. Now I desire that those things may be confirmed [by your conduct], which in your instructions you enjoin [on others].

This is in chapter 3 of his letter to the Romans. He is speaking of the possibility of his own martyrdom in the chapters leading up to this. In this chapter. The quote you cite is him instructing the church to act in accordance with what they teach, or, in other words, to not be hypocrites.

He goes on to say:

Only request in my behalf both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but [truly] will, so that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really found to be one.

So he is not only telling them not to be hypocrites, but to pray that he would remain faithful as well. The entire letter is about his anticipated martyrdom and nothing to do with any "primacy" of Rome. In fact, at the end, he makes it very clear that Jesus shephers the church. He doesn't allude to Rome as being the head of the church in any way whatsoever.

Is Ignatius considered to be part of the "apostolic succession"?

Back