What event strengthened your faith in God the most?

LeeH

Happy Christmas to all the Catholics and non - Catholics.

Can any Catholics point to a single event that happened in their life that they can recall strengthened their faith in God, or even what maybe made you believe in the first place?

Also any event you can point to, if any weakened your faith in God?

Can any Catholics point to a single event that happened in their life that they can recall strengthened their faith in God, or even what maybe made you believe in the first place?

May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

I had a stillborn child 33 years ago and that event shook my faith badly but ironically as time progressed, the sense of his angelic presence in my life, illuminated the life of heaven and all the saints for me. Since then I've never doubted anything.

What strengthened my Faith in God? I would have to say my graduate studies in theology at a particular university.

Prior to attending that university I had an undergraduate degree in theology, then a graduate degree in theology. Then I went to this particular university and after obtaining another graduate degree in theology there--realized I didn't know anything. What I learned there helped me to better understand God and redemption------which lead to a far deeper prayer life----and a understanding of how God works in and through prayer--and for that matter what real prayer is. It helped me to see where God was at work in my life and how God lead me to where I am in life.

The education I received at this university also gave me the ability to better articulate certain points of my Catholic Faith and defend it. I do not claim to know everything there is to know. I do not claim to be able to answer every Protestant argument out there. That would be impossible. The point is that I credit my time at that university for giving me something I didn't have before: a stronger and deeper Faith.

Back