What exactly is the 'church'?

I didn't put restrictions on anything, Jude did. He wrote what i copied not me. The faith WAS ONCE FOR ALL delivered to the saints. He knew nothing of your heretical sect. What does 'once for all delivered' mean? Once for all until some guy never named in the bible comes along and thinks he knows more than God? Thats not gonna work out very well for you on judgement day.
So does that mean there is no Trinity since the Bible doesn't mention "Trinity"?

So does that mean there is no Trinity since the Bible doesn't mention "Trinity"?
Silly argument, if you can call it that. The word isn't the doctrine. Its just one way God is described. The doctrine is found from Gen 1 to Rev 22. Catholics here and elsewhere readily admit there is no papacy, assumption and on and on found in the bible. The 'faith' of the rcc is not what was delivered or we would see it. Nice try. Well, not really.

You put artificial restrictions on the Church. Do you have the right to do so?
Where does Scripture say that all doctrines must be spelled out verbatim in Scripture?
Where does Scripture say that Church authority can be ignored after the last apostle dies?
I laugh at the way RCs justify the false teachings of their institution by making out the NT church was naive. The apostles weren't naive, they were in close contact with Jesus, they walked with Him and talked with Him.

Your institution places restrictions on its followers and teaches them lies. It follows its founder Satan.

Silly argument, if you can call it that. The word isn't the doctrine. Its just one way God is described. The doctrine is found from Gen 1 to Rev 22. Catholics here and elsewhere readily admit there is no papacy, assumption and on and on found in the bible. The 'faith' of the rcc is not what was delivered or we would see it. Nice try. Well, not really.
That's nice to know.

Many people who believe themselves to be 'religious' actually think of the 'church' as a set-apart building or a religious system, but what exactly is the 'church' as you know it?

The Church is the Bride of Christ, consisting of Jews and Gentiles. They are followers of Jesus, not just believers.

Many people who believe themselves to be 'religious' actually think of the 'church' as a set-apart building or a religious system, but what exactly is the 'church' as you know it?
The church is the body of Christ. The entire Group of believers (dead and alive) in Jesus who are inhabited /indwelled by the Spirit of Christ.

Back