What happened to the American freedom convo?

Seems province of Quebec is still under mandates......I wonder if France still has any leverage inside Quebec.....

What no Photos? What kind of mickey mouse journalism is this?

Today I returned to my home in MD from a family wedding in PA. We passed through Hagarstown, where the convoy convened Saturday before heading south today along Rtes 70 and 270 to the Beltway around DC. As we drove along 70 and 270 in the late afternoon, we saw clusters of trucks with American and Gadsden and confederate flags with other printed RW messages heading back to Hagarstown. We saw no traffic tie-ups. And there were no tie ups earlier in the day along the Beltway.

This trucker protest has no clear or logical purpose or goal, especially given that most covid mandates have been softened as case numbers have come down.

What they did today barely registered, and I think those truckers will be heading home by tomorrow.

They think they are heroes, but the rest of us see them as misguided fools.

Today I returned to my home in MD from a family wedding in PA. We passed through Hagarstown, where the convoy convened Saturday before heading south today along Rtes 70 and 270 to the Beltway around DC. As we drove along 70 and 270 in the late afternoon, we saw clusters of trucks with American and Gadsden and confederate flags with other printed RW messages heading back to Hagarstown. We saw no traffic tie-ups. And there were no tie ups earlier in the day along the Beltway.

This trucker protest has no clear or logical purpose or goal, especially given that most covid mandates have been softened as case numbers have come down.

What they did today barely registered, and I think those truckers will be heading home by tomorrow.

According to the video Nouveau posted it's not as insignificant as you would like people to believe.

I think they are heroes and are setting a great precedence! Protests do work, we have seen them utilized GREATLY by the left.

Who are the rest of you? You mean democrates?lol Of course you feel that way since it doesn't support your liberal ideology!

Yes I find it HIGHLY suspicious of the timing of the invasion. It's like Biden was signaling(giving the green light) Putin to attack. I'm still leaning towards the war being theater.

What does Biden have to gain? Deflect attention from inflation and his falling approval ratings AND the convoy protest planned, that can destabilize his

Yes I find it HIGHLY suspicious of the timing of the invasion. It's like Biden was signaling(giving the green light) Putin to attack. I'm still leaning towards the war being theater.

What does Biden have to gain? Deflect attention from inflation and his falling approval ratings AND the convoy protest planned, that can destabilize his authority.
I do believe this war is happening, but I agree, something isn't right somewhere. We have witnessed them do theater before, and when has the media ever been honest?

According to news reports, the convoy yesterday stretched out to cover the full 64 mile Beltway, but was spread apart, and merged with other traffic. There were no reports of unusual traffic tie-ups.

Today they are on their way to the Beltway using a different formation that they hope will stick together. They also plan to occupy two lanes instead of one, and do a single loop of the Beltway instead of two like yesterday, or 3 like they had originally proposed.

One of their leaders said they had planned meetings with Senators and members of the House, but did not name names. I am sure we can guess who might meet with them.

This is a very small protest made to appear larger by their use of trucks. Their objections to covid mitigation methods are outdated and incoherent, and their claims to be a bipartisan group are false as shown by their Trump signs and anti-Biden messaging.

They are not getting much media attention. They will likely declare victory by Wednesday and go home.

Between them and you there's a misguided fool you've just failed to correctly identify which. Never again should the American people tolerate the despicable, dastardly, totalitarian power grab that we have just come out of this is a crucial demonstration and people better set up a notice because it's not gonna be tolerated again. But knowing that you live somewhere in the Bethesda or Silver Spring area explains a lot.

According to news reports, the convoy yesterday stretched out to cover the full 64 mile Beltway, but was spread apart, and merged with other traffic. There were no reports of unusual traffic tie-ups.

Today they are on their way to the Beltway using a different formation that they hope will stick together. They also plan to occupy two lanes instead of one, and do a single loop of the Beltway instead of two like yesterday, or 3 like they had originally proposed.

One of their leaders said they had planned meetings with Senators and members of the House, but did not name names. I am sure we can guess who might meet with them.

This is a very small protest made to appear larger by their use of trucks. Their objections to covid mitigation methods are outdated and incoherent, and their claims to be a bipartisan group are false as shown by their Trump signs and anti-Biden messaging.

They are not getting much media attention. They will likely declare victory by Wednesday and go home.
According to Fake News reports?

No sources?

Its a start!

And that is the strange part. The MSM has completely lost ALL credibility.

Between them and you there's a misguided fool you've just failed to correctly identify which. Never again should the American people tolerate the despicable, dastardly, totalitarian power grab that we have just come out of this is a crucial demonstration and people better set up a notice because it's not gonna be tolerated again. But knowing that you live somewhere in the Bethesda or Silver Spring area explains a lot.
You are wrong about where I live.

What power grab are you talking about?
We have a decades long requirement to get a panel of vaccines as children or to enter the military. Is that a power grab?
We have a long history restricting smoking or requiring seat belts or helmets. Is any of that a power grab?

Why is it a power grab to insist that citizens have a responsibility to do certain things to ensure public safety?
I would hate to live in the country you envision, but I suspect you would also, as people around you drop like flies...

Its a start!

And that is the strange part. The MSM has completely lost ALL credibility.
They are not getting attention because they back no coherent cause and their protest has been easily ignored so far. They have caused nothing remotely like the disruption in Ottawa

The convoy’s biggest problem is that it’s protesting something that essentially doesn’t exist. The main target of the participants is the supposedly freedom-killing effect of government vaccine and mask mandates, but the only federal vaccine mandates that exist are on military service members and on health-care workers in facilities receiving Medicare and Medicaid funds, and mask mandates are rapidly being lifted in every corner of the country.

So the protesters shifted their complaint from the specific to the general, saying that liberty is under assault from everywhere. That creates an umbrella under which almost anything can fit, whether what bothers you is building codes or the microchip Bill Gates and the CIA implanted in your brain.

But here’s something revealing. When truckers in Canada brought chaos to Ottawa last month and shut down a bridge that carries much trade between the two countries, Fox News couldn’t have been more excited. The network gave it hours upon hours of coverage and then tried to create and promote a similar protest here in the United States.
Yet at FoxNews.com on Monday morning, the sole story about this convoy was pushed way down the homepage, belowdozens of stories about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Apparently the protest was a disappointment precisely because it wasn’t disruptive and chaotic enough to capture Fox’s interest.

So even the RW media are ignoring this protest.

The rest of the article is interesting.

They are not getting attention because they back no coherent cause and their protest has been easily ignored so far. They have caused nothing remotely like the disruption in Ottawa
I'm quite positive if the well timed invasion of Ukraine weren't distracting it, It would certainly get the attention it merits.

So even the RW media are ignoring this protest.

The rest of the article is interesting.
Exactly. Which tells me what Ive always known. 2 sides of the same coin.

The article wants me to sign up. No thanks. It's merely an opinion piece.

Apologies…
The despicable, dastardly, totalitarian one. You know the one where they strip people away from any possibility of earning a living. They don't let them enter restaurants. They marginalized people in every possible way. They prevent people from participating in cultural events. Basically extermination camps without the barbed wire. I'm sure you remember you've been defending it now for months.
We have a decades long requirement to get a panel of vaccines as children or to enter the military. Is that a power grab?
If the vaccine is experimental, and the vaccine manufacturer is given total immunity from whatever damage that they caused with their experimental vaccine on their human guinea pigs. America is not supposed to be a concentration camp, and no authority in governmental power has the right to subject us to Dr. Mengele.
We have a long history restricting smoking or requiring seat belts or helmets. Is any of that a power grab?
Considering none of those are remotely similar to scientific experiments on the general public I fail to see the relevance.
Why is it a power grab to insist that citizens have a responsibility to do certain things to ensure public safety?
That has absolutely nothing to do with conducting experiments with zero recourse on the general public.
I would hate to live in the country you envision,
That's just the thing. In the country I would envision you would be free to do or live wherever you wish.
but I suspect you would also,
Actually, I think it would be rather like Florida and my sister lives there it's a lovely place.
as people around you drop like flies...
I haven't had the vaccine and so far nobody around me is dropping like flies.

I'm quite positive if the well timed invasion of Ukraine weren't distracting it, It would certainly get the attention it merits.

Exactly. Which tells me what Ive always known. 2 sides of the same coin.

The article wants me to sign up. No thanks. It's merely an opinion piece.
Are you saying that Putin timed his invasion so as to distract from the trucker convoy in DC?

And actually, that convoy is getting way more attention than it merits.

Apologies…

The despicable, dastardly, totalitarian one. You know the one where they strip people away from any possibility of earning a living. They don't let them enter restaurants. They marginalized people in every possible way. They prevent people from participating in cultural events. Basically extermination camps without the barbed wire. I'm sure you remember you've been defending it now for months.

If the vaccine is experimental, and the vaccine manufacturer is given total immunity from whatever damage that they caused with their experimental vaccine on their human guinea pigs. America is not supposed to be a concentration camp, and no authority in governmental power has the right to subject us to Dr. Mengele.

Considering none of those are remotely similar to scientific experiments on the general public I fail to see the relevance.

That has absolutely nothing to do with conducting experiments with zero recourse on the general public.

That's just the thing. In the country I would envision you would be free to do or live wherever you wish.

Actually, I think it would be rather like Florida and my sister lives there it's a lovely place.

I haven't had the vaccine and so far nobody around me is dropping like flies.
Just like the majority of Americans don't want to be around smokers, the majority of Americans are vaccinated and don't want to be around irresponsible unvaccinated people.

The vaccine got approval following decades of research and large clinical trials, and there is nothing resembling a concentration camp in America due to pandemic restrictions.

Florida has nice weather a few months a year and has alligators, giant iguanas and cockroaches. And is full of Republicans.

Well almost one million Americans did die from covid.

Just like the majority of Americans don't want to be around smokers, the majority of Americans are vaccinated and don't want to be around irresponsible unvaccinated people.

The vaccine got approval following decades of research and large clinical trials, and there is nothing resembling a concentration camp in America due to pandemic restrictions.

Florida has nice weather a few months a year and has alligators, giant iguanas and cockroaches. And is full of Republicans.

Well almost one million Americans did die from covid.
Is it your desire that those who have not been vaccinated have to go around shouting Unclean Unclean to make sure you do not accidentally cross their path.

I would hate to live in the country you envision, but I suspect you would also, as people around you drop like flies...
She has said in the past she lives in the DC area. But who knows what to believe .

I don't have to wear a seatbelt or helmet just as I don't have to get a worthless shot that doesn't work.

It's your job to take care of your health, not mine.

I would hate to live in a country you envision...I have no doubt you would love Cuba or Venezuela.

Back