What has wof got to do with wof?

About the same as a baby baptizing Dutch Reformed author from South Africa . ??

Exactly.

Just because one has faith, does not mean it is a good thing.

Especially when they try to procure another human being with their faith.

How does the saying go? Faith without knowledge is a run-away train.

hiccup ......

Excuse me ......

I'll count on you instead.
Then you'll get my answers and not yours. You've already demonstrated the degree of satisfaction you find in my answers...so you'll accept no answer. And as my posts are increasingly sporadic lately, your avid desire for non-answers will fade as the snow in an April flurry.

I've read and watched people from all sorts of denominations do what you've shown Robby did in Afghanistan. They weren't WoF. What separates him from traditional charismatics?
You have rigid boxes into which to collate folks.

WoF is not a box. It's a paradigm for systematic hermeneutics. WoF theology provides tools for reading the Bible that are not printed on a parochial name badge "I am Legend" or "I am WoF." In that sense, WoF defines believers better than any other system of hermeneutics in this light: WoF seeks to understand scripture BECAUSE scripture is the basis for TRUTH. If the Promises are written, they are applicable. WoF then seeks actively to apply...to bring that TRUTH as light to the increasing darkness we are facing.

Did you read and watch people of all sorts of denominations pray for healing and deliverance wearing a "Jesus is God" t-shirt, written in English and Arabic in the Islamic capital of Kabul? Whatever they might call themselves, they believe faith and risk mean the same thing. It's the story of the man on the unicycle above Niagra falls who rides back and forth to the amazement of the crowds on both sides. Then he calls out, "Who believes I can ride across to the other side with a person on my shoulders?" A few dozen raise their hands. "Come on up, and let's do it..." said the artist.

WoF faith doesn't just say. WoF believers know it's much easier to say, "Yeah you can do it," than to get on the shoulders of the unicyclist. It's easier to say, "Your sins are forgiven," than it is to say, "Rise. Take up your bed and walk." Your own personal reputation only rides on the second statement. You risk nothing with the first.

WoF is known by abject adherence to everything scripture, and by behavior that reflects faith in that scripture.

WoF is not a collection of stars, starlets and failures...and many claiming WoF have failed in a way that WoF doctrine can easily explain. Many are of the ilk against whom Paul warned us, who have found great gain in their "godliness." Never the gain of which Paul spoke, and of which he boasted.

Repeating: I've seen people form all sorts of denominations go into closed countries. That does not make one Word of Faith. (Doesn't even make them charismatic.)
You are not wrong, but you are, as I've pointed out before, slightly pedantic in insisting on collating your groups into boxes. Brother Andrew is a great example. He is good friends with George Verwer, who founded Operation Mobilization. Neither is known for being Charismatic or WoF...but brother Andrew is the guy who prayed, "Lord, make the seeing eyes blind..." as he brought truckloads of Bibles through the iron curtain. You don't have to claim "WoF" to be WoF...you just have to take God at His Word, and be willing to be taught by other believers before you begin to criticize them.

Nor does WoF have a corner on "faith." Faith tried....looks different in different denominations, and they all look like what Jesus and the Apostles did.
WoF doesn't seek corners...WoF allows discussion and freedom. WoF acknowledges only One Teacher sent by God. If you're "Tallen Reformed" and seek to believe God rather than explain scripture away according to Reform tradition, you can be like Andrew Murray WoF. No one has explained the power of believing prayer better than Murray. And WoF doesn't claim Murray.

In contrast to your theology, WoF is not eclectic in a negative sense. WoF acknowledges and recognizes Murray's brilliance, despite the wet babies he surrounded himself with.

So again, divide the traditional charismatic from the WoF in Robby. What is Word of Faith about him? Especially when he does not make such a claim.
Hope you see I cannot. Your question is meaningless to me. When I encounter another believer, it's not to see into what box they fit. It's only to find ways to encourage them unto love and good works...as WoF has instructed me directly from the scriptures.

Last edited:
Back