What I Expect In Heaven

Dant01

Personally I have no interest in the celestial element of the kingdom of Heaven. To
me, it's a foreign country. I want to stay right here on earth during Messiah's 1,000
year administration and visit all the places to which I have never gone, do all the
things I've never done, and see all the things I've never seen.

The new cosmos won't be constructed till after Messiah's millennial rein on this
corrupt earth is over, and the great white throne event wraps. Which is fine with
me 'cause there's a lot left to see and do that I won't get around to in this life. I
plan on making very good use of those thousand years to tour ever square inch of
this planet-- on land and sea.

Can you just imagine having free rein of this planet with an immortal body and
perpetual youth, and no fear of war, violence, poisonous snakes, toxic insects, or
wild animals!? I can hardly wait. One of the first things I want to do in Messiah's
kingdom is hike the triple crown: the Pacific Coast Trail, The Continental Divide
Trail, and the Appalachian Trail. Yeah, Cirque of the Towers here I come!!!

People hike the big trails for a variety of personal reasons. Some march thru like
soldiers to get it done and chalked up, while other's take their time and savor every
minute of the adventure-- all the sights, sounds, smells, and wild things that they
encounter along the way: even the dirt, the dust, the bugs, the hazards, and the
discomforts. They are in no hurry to get done because if they hurry, they might
miss something.

YouTube adventurer Jennifer Mabus (a.k.a. Starburst) is one of those. She even
stopped for a while to watch two small lizards battle out a territorial dispute. Hiker
trash passing by thought she was nuts and wasting time; but Jennifer was in
Nirvana, so to speak.

Well; that's me. I want the whole nine yards. Charging ahead to the end of one of
those wonderful trails is just not my idea of a heavenly good time.

Ps 16:11 . . You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is
fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
_

I expect to be quarantined upon arrival and shuttled off to a sort of Bible gulag
where I'll undergo intense indoctrination so that when I'm released into the general
population there will be no quarreling and/or debating.

I also expect to be pushed thru a sort of finishing school where my manners will be
corrected to perfection so that I don't go about insulting folks, stepping on their
toes, and/or hurting their feelings with thoughtless remarks and toxic rejoinders.

For many of us working stiffs, the first day on a new job is stressful and quite an
adjustment. The night before that first day can cause enough anxiety to keep us
awake worrying about what we might expect.

I'd imagine that, whether we end up in the right place or the wrong place in the
afterlife, we will be just as stressed on our first day there as the first day here on a
new job.

The anxiety associated with death is to be expected seeing as how most of us have
no experience at all with that particular journey. But I think the majority of my
anxiety in regards to death is related to what comes after. Pity there are no guide
books available in print to prepare us in advance for the culture-shock tsunami with
which we are sure to be slammed.
_

I look forward to visiting Heaven's library where everything that's known and can
be known about the cosmos is stored. Carl Sagan would've loved that library
because he went to his grave with a lot of unanswered questions. But now they'll
never be answered because Carl was, at best, an agnostic, and at worst, an atheist.
_

According to Matt 26:29, Luke 22:15-16, and Luke 22:28-30 Jesus' followers will be
capable of dining upon ordinary foods and beverages.

I look forward to that because at my current age of 78, I've lost much of my senses
of smell and taste. With the new youthful body promised to his followers, my
favorites will be a lot more savory than now.
_

Personally I have no interest in the celestial element of the kingdom of Heaven. To
me, it's a foreign country. I want to stay right here on earth during Messiah's 1,000
year administration and visit all the places to which I have never gone, do all the
things I've never done, and see all the things I've never seen.

The new cosmos won't be constructed till after Messiah's millennial rein on this
corrupt earth is over, and the great white throne event wraps. Which is fine with
me 'cause there's a lot left to see and do that I won't get around to in this life. I
plan on making very good use of those thousand years to tour ever square inch of
this planet-- on land and sea.

Can you just imagine having free rein of this planet with an immortal body and
perpetual youth, and no fear of war, violence, poisonous snakes, toxic insects, or
wild animals!? I can hardly wait. One of the first things I want to do in Messiah's
kingdom is hike the triple crown: the Pacific Coast Trail, The Continental Divide
Trail, and the Appalachian Trail. Yeah, Cirque of the Towers here I come!!!

People hike the big trails for a variety of personal reasons. Some march thru like
soldiers to get it done and chalked up, while other's take their time and savor every
minute of the adventure-- all the sights, sounds, smells, and wild things that they
encounter along the way: even the dirt, the dust, the bugs, the hazards, and the
discomforts. They are in no hurry to get done because if they hurry, they might
miss something.

YouTube adventurer Jennifer Mabus (a.k.a. Starburst) is one of those. She even
stopped for a while to watch two small lizards battle out a territorial dispute. Hiker
trash passing by thought she was nuts and wasting time; but Jennifer was in
Nirvana, so to speak.

Well; that's me. I want the whole nine yards. Charging ahead to the end of one of
those wonderful trails is just not my idea of a heavenly good time.

Ps 16:11 . . You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is
fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
_
there are no guarantees that the Pacific Coast Trail, The Continental Divide Trail, and the Appalachian Trail will even exist after the tribulation period and the destruction that it will bring.

The supernatural circumcision spoken of by Colossians 2:11 makes it possible for a
sinner to enter Heaven completely free of human nature, i.e. 100% sinless; which means
the kingdom's citizens will never have to worry they'll do something serious enough to
get themselves banished.
_

Greetings leonard03782,
there are no guarantees that the Pacific Coast Trail, The Continental Divide Trail, and the Appalachian Trail will even exist after the tribulation period and the destruction that it will bring.
Yes, there will be changes, but the net effect will be much improvement at the return of Christ:
Isaiah 35:1–2 (KJV): 1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. 2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.

Ezekiel 36:33–36 (KJV): 33 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. 34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. 35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited. 36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Acts 3:19–21 (KJV): 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Kind regards
Trevor

I started out in life with really good eyesight. The stars appeared as little pin pricks
of bright light, reading fine print was a piece of cake, and I could almost see in the
dark like a cat. That all began to wane right around the age of 31 as astigmatism
took hold.

Well; the astigmatism was an easy fix with glasses but then when I got older,
cataracts crept up on me and driving my car became very hazardous 'cause my
vision was like looking thru a very dirty, foggy window. I couldn't read street signs
in time to make a safe turn nor could I accurately judge the distance between mine
and oncoming cars nor tell how fast they were approaching. So left turns became
an adventure, to say the least.

These days cataracts and astigmatism are relatively easy to correct (if you can
afford it) but I am looking forward to that day in Messiah's kingdom when my sight
will be just as good or better as what I had as a youngster.

Isa 35:5 . .Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened.
_

Greetings e v e 21,
this earth is not and never was His paradise. it never will be. it will be destroyed…
I was expecting someone who believes in a burnt or destroyed earth to post in reply. I believe that there will be fiery judgements when Christ returns, but the net effect will be blessings and regeneration and restoration of the earth Numbers 14:21, Acts 3:19-21, Psalm 8:1,9 (it was glorious in the initial creation, it is now but has deteriorated and will be glorious in the future Kingdom Age).

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings e v e 21,

I was expecting someone who believes in a burnt or destroyed earth to post in reply. I believe that there will be fiery judgements when Christ returns, but the net effect will be blessings and regeneration and restoration of the earth Numbers 14:21, Acts 3:19-21, Psalm 8:1,9 (it was glorious in the initial creation, it is now but has deteriorated and will be glorious in the future Kingdom Age).

Kind regards
Trevor
this is not His creation.

Greetings again e v e 21,
this is not His creation.
Obscure, please refer to Psalm 8:1-9 where it clearly states that God created the heaven and earth and looks forward to the new creation based on fixing the Edenic Creation and what happened after this, and also Matthew 11:25-30 where Jesus endorses and quotes Psalm 8, calling God his father as Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Kind regards
Trevor

Obscure, please refer to Psalm 8:1-9 where it clearly states that God created the heaven and earth and looks forward to the new creation based on fixing the Edenic Creation and what happened after this, and also Matthew 11:25-30 where Jesus endorses and quotes Psalm 8, calling God his father as Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Kind regards
Trevor
Hello Trevor,

this heaven and earth is not part of His creation… this one is corrupt and not good. His creation He declared Good…

different qualities and physicality altogether.

Life: in eden paradise: no death, no pain, no illness, no aging, no seasons, no sweat, no labor…

death: cosmologically where we came to be since the fall (as God warned): death, pain (such as childbirth), illness, aging, inclement nature, a body that sweats, labor to survive.

the Natural attributes are different.

paradise , promised land for all of us His sons and daughters, will be restored.

as prophets tell, this earth will pass.

Greetings e v e 21,

Kind regards
Trevor
All his sons and daughters will be changed, restored to their original nature … we will go home to His reality in the other world … to eden paradise.…
and will return with Christ during tribulation to witness to many more who were left behind and will come to Him and also see paradise.

this earth will be destroyed.

this heaven and earth is not part of His creation
Yes it is, but part of it has been corrupted by man.
we will go home to His reality in the other world … to eden paradise.…
and will return with Christ during tribulation to witness to many more who were left behind
Ah, the Left Behind Theory.
this earth will be destroyed.
No, it will be changed for the better.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yes it is, but part of it has been corrupted by man.
You are absolutely correct.

Romans 8:
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Ah, the Left Behind Theory.
I see that you do not necessarily agree with the "Left Behind Theory". That is OK. You can still go to heaven.

No, it will be changed for the better.
I have to agree with the both of on this one. I agree with you that after the seven year tribulation period, the world will need to get refurbished. However, after the seven years, the heavens and earth will be destroyed, for lack of a better term and a new heaven and earth will be created.

Revelation 21:1 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”

2 PETER 3:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Kind regards
Trevor

Isa 2:4 . . Neither shall they learn war any more.

There's roughly 45½ million men and women in a military worldwide.

Globally, defense spending adds up to roughly 1¾ Trillion dollars.

In one of his speeches; former US President John Kennedy said:

“Every man, woman and child lives under a nuclear sword of Damocles, hanging by
the slenderest of threads, capable of being cut at any moment by accident or
miscalculation or by madness.”

The world has become a powder keg. There's easily enough nukes around the globe
that if detonated, would likely send us all back to more primitive times.

In a famous comment, physicist Albert Einstein said:

“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
will be fought with sticks and stones.”

In all my 78 years, I have yet to live even one decade free of the fear of war; but I
expect to in Messiah's kingdom.

Isa 2:4 . .They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into
pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation

NOTE: A US $1 bill is roughly 6.14 inches in length. One trillion of those would
make a chain of currency stretching something like 96,906,565 miles which is
roughly three million miles further than the average distance to the Sun from the
Earth. (The current national debt is 30x that amount)
_

Greetings again leonard03782,
I see that you do not necessarily agree with the "Left Behind Theory". That is OK. You can still go to heaven.
Yes, I reject the "Left Behind Theory" and also do not believe that the faithful go to heaven. It is interesting that Dant01, who shares 78 years with me, also is describing the Kingdom of God upon this earth as "heaven", and I suggest that this is not what the Bible says, but is an acceptable term in English. The "Kingdom of heaven" is the Kingdom of God upon the earth at the return of Jesus Daniel 2:35,44. We do not go to heaven at death or at the return of Jesus.
I agree with you that after the seven year tribulation period, the world will need to get refurbished.
Yes, after the judgements at the return of Christ there will be some refurbishments, especially after the earthquake when Jesus' feet stand on the Mount of Olives Zechariah 12:1-3,4. I find no mention of 7 years tribulation at the return of Christ. It could be a much longer period, and we may be entering this period now, pandemic, war and the effect this has had on prices of food, petrol, failure of the Sri Lankan government and others at risk. All of this and what may be following will take longer than 7 years.

The 10 plagues on Egypt is some indication of the method, but we are seeing different things in different countries. Our State, NSW Australia have had catastrophic fires a year ago and now catastrophic floods in numerous areas. A mate built his house recently and allowed 5.3 metres flood, higher than the required 5.1 metres that had ever been recorded. He lost his lower floor by an extra 3 metres, and now lives in his second story, as there are no adequate builders and supplies in the area. Neighbouring single story houses above the 5.1 metre requirement were destroyed.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor,

this heaven and earth is not part of His creation… this one is corrupt and not good. His creation He declared Good…

different qualities and physicality altogether.

Life: in eden paradise: no death, no pain, no illness, no aging, no seasons, no sweat, no labor…

death: cosmologically where we came to be since the fall (as God warned): death, pain (such as childbirth), illness, aging, inclement nature, a body that sweats, labor to survive.

the Natural attributes are different.

paradise , promised land for all of us His sons and daughters, will be restored.

as prophets tell, this earth will pass.

Romans 8:22

"…21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22 We know that the wholecreation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.… " ?

There is a growing concern here in the USA about crime and prison overpopulation.
Well; the good news is: Messiah's kingdom will have no penal systems because He's
going to rule in strict compliance with the law of God wherein there are no prisons.

Fines? Yes. Reparations? Yes. Lashes? Yes. Burning? Yes. Hanging? Yes. Stoning?
Yes. Excommunication? Yes. But jails and prisons? No; confinement will not be an
option. Justice will be swift, punishment will be summary; and there will be no
appeals. People deserving capital punishment will get it that very day; no
languishing on a death row.

Isa 9:6-7 . . For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder . . . Of the increase of his government there
shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and
to establish it with judgment and with justice.

In our world, only the rich can afford justice. Tort law is especially unfair. Large
multi billion dollar businesses can afford to stretch lawsuits out indefinitely till their
less fortunate opponents are financially ruined trying to keep up. That won't happen
in Messiah's world.

Ps 72:2-4 . . He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with
judgment. He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the
needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

In my country, too many judges at the State and Federal levels are political
appointees, resulting in a very large percentage of their opinions reflecting bias. It
should be interesting to see how Messiah goes about regulating the world to keep
biased judges out of its judicial systems. (cf. Psalm 82)
_

Back