What I Love About Lutheranism

Bonnie

I love the Lutheran Satire! :p

The liturgy IS nice--our church services are saturated with God's word, as they should be.

Nic

Something different than what is already offered would be in my way of thinking, I really appreciate the starting points and removing of many uncertain positions or thoughts. Now I could be wrong, but I guess I'm to be faulted fot enjoying the comfort in the way Lutherans norm scripture. But for me it removes some or much of the anxiety that I previously wrestled endured both in Roman Catholicism and American fundamentalism. I do still have an appreciation for various Christian disciplines and traditions but also have those I avoid altogether.

Nic🤔🙂

Bonnie

Something different than what is already offered would be in my way of thinking, I really appreciate the starting points and removing of many uncertain positions or thoughts. Now I could be wrong, but I guess I'm to be faulted fot enjoying the comfort in the way Lutherans norm scripture. But for me it removes some or much of the anxiety that I previously wrestled endured both in Roman Catholicism and American fundamentalism. I do still have an appreciation for various Christian disciplines and traditions but also have those I avoid altogether.

Nic🤔🙂
The way we "norm" Scripture...such as letting Scripture interpret Scripture, and letting more clear passages interpret less clear ones....?

This shows that God's holy word is of paramount importance to us and not to be trifled with and wrested from its immediate, God-given context, as BJ would say. :)

Bonnie

Oh, yes! Lutherans are the pot-luckingest people on the planet! :) But not lately, with the covid virus...:(