What I went through because of Christianity.

He's shaking up your faith that's why you are becoming combative.
This is the war I wage here:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3...we do not wage war according to the flesh. 4The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God...

Do I suspect correctly that you are Unitarian? If so, then this passage doesn't have any place in your theology. In Unitarianism, in a misguided effort to live in peace with one another everyone is allowed to have their own stronghold of belief, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, and no one is allowed to challenge it. That's not very useful to helping people discover the truth that could save them. You don't make people your enemy by telling them the truth unless they make you their enemy for telling them the truth:

Galatians 4:16
16Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Reactions: Mik
He's shaking up your faith
We are told that our faith will be tested. There's no doubt about that. The shaking of things is necessary so that what can be shaken will be removed and what can not be shaken will remain (Hebrews 12:27). But, no, he's not shaking up my faith.

I'm not sure what comfort the Bible offers to those who don't get healed
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7 So to keep me from becoming conceited,a I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Just repudiate belief in God healing people. Set people straight telling them that it doesn't work.
I would be a liar if I did that. Besides having experienced it in my own life there are too many cases of God mercifully healing people for me to somehow say God doesn't heal. Delia Knox is a confirmed and verifiable account of a woman who was paralyzed in a car accident but who was then years later miraculously healed in a healing service. I tried to find the video I saw months ago that someone made who knew her and how she used to come over to their house in her wheelchair and how they were amazed at her being miraculously healed but I couldn't find it again.

Hmmm....

It appears that you are trying very hard to use emotionally-charged words to try to insult Christians.
Are you being combative? Seems that way.
Why don't you try to de-escalate, and take it down a few hundred notches?
Now that is combative.
First of all, I have no idea what you think "calvinist" has to do with anything.

But again, you need to try to de-escalate.
Combat boots?
Of course, I think it's very clear that you are intentionally using emotionally charged words and accusations to try to push our buttons and try to get us to react negatively.
Now that is combative!
So sad.

Oh, okay!
Thanks for clarifying!

You want us to give you a reason for the hope that we have!
So you are ignorant of the gospel!
Militant!
Fair enough.

So here's the gospel:
According to you, but not according to
1) God is holy.
2) Men are sinners.
3) The wages of sin is death.
4) God sent His son to atone for sin.
5) Those who trust in Christ will be saved.

That is the gospel.
I've now fulfilled 1 Pet. 3:15.
Have a great day!
The gospel of Christ is be as I Am, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, righteous, holy, pure and without sin. That is what Jesus teaches. According to Jesus all this other stuff is mans gospels.
That's for church leaders in a church environment.
Yes they form their own laws for their gods.
It is not a mandate to try to force us to answer to mockers and scoffers who only want to insult, attack, and make trouble.
As you are chief?
Once again, here are my instructions from Jesus in that context:

Matt. 7:6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Exactly that is why he demands that you be like he was in the Father instead of all these other opinions of man.
Matt. 10:14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
Listen to you whom, you are God?
That doesn't say anything about "opponents".
And there is nothing in the Bible which requires Christians wasting their time with people who have no DESIRE to be "instructed".
Did Jesus waste his time with these?
That truly is a HUGE chip on your shoulder.
Combative!
But I'm not interested in knocking it off.
Militant.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Assertive.

Is not that how you view others who disagree with you? The Bible describes that as hypocritical, guilty of your own charge. You do not see that in yourself do you?

Think about that next time you charge the other as being combative.

Unknown Soldier:
I'm not sure what comfort the Bible offers to those who don't get healed...

7 So to keep me from becoming conceited,a I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Well, that's what Paul had to say about his "thorn in the flesh." I don't see how comforting his testimony might be. Are you saying it's misery loves company?

Anyway, your question was way too vague. I'm familiar with 2 Corinthians 12, of course. If you had asked me what Paul said about his own infirmity there, then I would have known the answer to your question. What you seem to misunderstand about the Bible is that it doesn't make much sense to ask: "What does the Bible say?" The Bible is a huge work that says different things in different places.

I should also point out that Paul's testimony is obviously meant to conceal his own quackery. He crowed that he was communing with a miracle-working God, yet he had the same limitations we all have. No doubt some people who knew Paul who could actually think pointed out this problem to him, and Paul had to say something!

Finally, what was Paul's "thorn in the flesh"? We don't know because it's another example of Biblical ambiguity. Face it: Nobody really "knows" the Bible. It's a very confusing book.

What you seem to misunderstand about the Bible is that it doesn't make much sense to ask: "What does the Bible say?" The Bible is a huge work that says different things in different places.

One of the main annoyances of the tone of your posts is its egocentric perspective. You never seem to be able to say, "I disagre with you".

You seem to think you have perfect knowledge and understanding of EVERYTHING. And therefore, if anyone disagrees with you, then you are "right" and they are "wrong".

You have "correct" understanding, and all others have "misunderstanding".

If you think the Bible is such a complete waste of time, maybe you should find something more useful to "obsess" yourself with?

Face it: Nobody really "knows" the Bible. It's a very confusing book.

You see? Here's a perfect example of what I pointed out above.

What you MEANT to say was, "I personally don't understand the Bible", or, "I personally find the Bible to be confusing".

To jump to the conclusion, simply becuase YOU don't understand the Bible, that it is allegedly "confusing" for EVERYONE, is the height of irrationality.

You may find rocket science to be "confusing" as well.
But if you've seen Hidden Figures, I know three Black women who didn't find it the least bit "confusing".

Millions of people don't find the Bible to be "confusing" at all.
So if you (ALONE) find it "confusing", that's a YOU problem.

If you had asked me what Paul said about his own infirmity there, then I would have known the answer to your question.
Okay, what does Paul say about his own infirmity there in the passage that answers my question, "What counsel, what comfort does the Bible offer to people who don't get healed?"

I would be a liar if I did that. Besides having experienced it in my own life there are too many cases of God mercifully healing people for me to somehow say God doesn't heal. Delia Knox is a confirmed and verifiable account of a woman who was paralyzed in a car accident but who was then years later miraculously healed in a healing service. I tried to find the video I saw months ago that someone made who knew her and how she used to come over to their house in her wheelchair and how they were amazed at her being miraculously healed but I couldn't find it again.
So you have a miraculous healing story "confirmed and verifiable" by a video you can no longer find. Is that correct?

So you have a miraculous healing story "confirmed and verifiable" by a video you can no longer find. Is that correct?
The testimony and the video of the healing is all over YouTube. I don't remember who posted a video saying how they knew her during her paralysis because she used to come over to their house in that condition and how miraculous it was to see her completely healed.

I don't expect you to believe it. I'm just showing you that even with verifiable proof you still won't believe a healing miracle. But it would be great if you could somehow believe it and you come to faith in Christ for the forgiveness of your sin and salvation.

Well, that's what Paul had to say about his "thorn in the flesh." I don't see how comforting his testimony might be. Are you saying it's misery loves company?

Anyway, your question was way too vague. I'm familiar with 2 Corinthians 12, of course. If you had asked me what Paul said about his own infirmity there, then I would have known the answer to your question. What you seem to misunderstand about the Bible is that it doesn't make much sense to ask: "What does the Bible say?" The Bible is a huge work that says different things in different places.

I should also point out that Paul's testimony is obviously meant to conceal his own quackery. He crowed that he was communing with a miracle-working God, yet he had the same limitations we all have. No doubt some people who knew Paul who could actually think pointed out this problem to him, and Paul had to say something!

Finally, what was Paul's "thorn in the flesh"? We don't know because it's another example of Biblical ambiguity. Face it: Nobody really "knows" the Bible. It's a very confusing book.
But we do know what his thorn was he was, it is very clear that the thorn in his flesh was his desire to be exalted for his abundance of revelations as he said, just like most people whose desires is to be exalted for their abundance of revelations as most in this forum do, and preachers today desire to have their name on the Marque or on the TV. And he asked God to take the way from him three times but he could not kick that selfish desire.

Only because Paul sounded the part, he was a self proclaimed apostle, and he even stated that he used trickery, which is witchcraft, to get people to follow him in his ideas for righteousness. that is exactly why I follow that Jesus Said said of himself and his Goid who sent him instead of others such as Paul who had things to say of God and Jesus from their own perspectives.

Jesus trusted no man Andy the Father, He didnt need Paul nor any other and in fact said we dont need him if we God to Goid Himself and was very clear in that when he said this in John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

If I no longer need Jesus to explain anything, then I certainly do not need another such as Paul or anyone else, for God Himself is quite capable of communicating His will in me just as He did in Jesus. Trouble with most is they never have met God and cannot hear Him and are like these in, Exodus 20:19. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.

Most even pay a preacher to hear God for them as they sit in a pew.

No, it is meant exactly for what Paul said it's meant for - to keep him from getting puffed up. Sometimes God's will is to not be healed or delivered for the purpose of shaping the person's character. But in the absence of that healing or deliverance God gives the grace of his comfort. Which is very valuable toward being effective in comforting others in their distress:

2 Corinthians 1:4
4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

The nature of the thorn itself is not the point. The suffering and the comfort of God's grace in that suffering is. Paul could have said exactly what the thorn in the flesh was, but maybe he expected his audience to be familiar with scripture, and his condition, and know what he's talking about (see Joshua 23:13, Galatians 4:13-15).

Unknown Soldier:
The testimony and the video of the healing is all over YouTube. I don't remember who posted a video saying how they knew her during her paralysis because she used to come over to their house in that condition and how miraculous it was to see her completely healed.
I have such a YouTube video too. It's called The Mysteries of Lourdes Miracles. I don't know who posted my video either.
I don't expect you to believe it. I'm just showing you that even with verifiable proof you still won't believe a healing miracle. But it would be great if you could somehow believe it and you come to faith in Christ for the forgiveness of your sin and salvation.
I don't expect you to believe my video. It's not your religion and not what you want to believe. Nevertheless, it is the same verifiable proof you speak of. But surely all the Roman Catholics in the world would greatly rejoice if you could somehow believe it and come to venerate the Virgin Mary and pray the rosary as she commands. God is grieved as you reject her, the Mother of God.

You unbeliever!!!

I have such a YouTube video too. It's called The Mysteries of Lourdes Miracles. I don't know who posted my video either.

I don't expect you to believe my video. It's not your religion and not what you want to believe. Nevertheless, it is the same verifiable proof you speak of. But surely all the Roman Catholics in the world would greatly rejoice if you could somehow believe it and come to venerate the Virgin Mary and pray the rosary as she commands. God is grieved as you reject her, the Mother of God.

You unbeliever!!!
I guess you did not know that miracles and wonders can be the work of satan, too:

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
9The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder, 10and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them.

The devil will heal you, and prosper you, too, and give you visions, and so on. In fact, I put almost all near death experiences in this category because most of them simply don't line up with the Bible. But they are useful in that they prove to unbelievers the existence of life outside the body and beyond the grave in the spiritual realm, which atheists categorically reject. So they are useful that way.

Last edited:
I guess you did not know that miracles and wonders can be the work of satan, too:

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
9The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder, 10and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them.
Oh--this is horrible! You mean all those miracles you believe in can be the work of Satan? Be careful, then. very, very careful.
The devil will heal you, and prosper you, too, and give you visions, and so on. In fact, I put almost all near death experiences in this category because most of them simply don't line up with the Bible. But they are useful in that they prove to unbelievers the existence of life outside the body and beyond the grave in the spiritual realm, which atheists categorically reject. So they are useful that way.
Yes. I hear that God and the devil are so much alike that it's really hard to distinguish them. Anybody can be fooled.

Oh--this is horrible! You mean all those miracles you believe in can be the work of Satan? Be careful, then. very, very careful.
Get saved and know your Bible and you won't be deceived, because the deception is "directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them." - 2 Thessalonians 2:10.

Yes. I hear that God and the devil are so much alike that it's really hard to distinguish them.
The only way that God and the devil are alike is the devil masquerades as an angel of light:

2 Corinthians 11:14
14...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

And as I've shown you, he does that for the reason of deceiving unbelievers. That's why this thread started out with an examination of your relationship with God and your knowledge of the Bible.

Anybody can be fooled.
Only unbelievers can be fooled.

Get saved and know your Bible and you won't be deceived, because the deception is "directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them." - 2 Thessalonians 2:10.

The only way that God and the devil are alike is the devil masquerades as an angel of light:

14...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

And as I've shown you, he does that for the reason of deceiving unbelievers. That's why this thread started out with an examination of your relationship with God and your knowledge of the Bible.

I think you are doing an excellent job using God's Word to respond to Unknown Soldier. But, it may be time for Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22.

I think you are doing an excellent job using God's Word to respond to Unknown Soldier. But, it may be time for Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22.

It's fascinating....
He's just like trans activists...

He keeps CLAIMING that Christians are so "evil" and 'dangerous" and responsible for "evil against" him.

But if he REALLY believed that (which he obviously doesn't), he would go out of his way to STAY AWAY from Christians. But does he do that? OF COURSE NOT! He gets into our faces and insults and attacks us, and plays the "victim", and he thinks anyone should be impressed.

But what if the Devil is using the Bible to deceive you?

So you believe that God masquerades as an angel of light. You just can't be too careful these days.
And as I've shown you, he does that for the reason of deceiving unbelievers.
Who is "he"? God or the Devil?
That's why this thread started out with an examination of your relationship with God and your knowledge of the Bible.
I was hoping that the Christians here would examine their consciences. I'd feel really guilty if I knew I was perpetuating myths that were harming and even killing people.
I'd be fooled if I believed that a paralyzed woman was healed because some anonymous person in an internet forum said he watched a YouTube video that he can't even find!

So do you believe in miracles because some anonymous person in an internet forum told you he saw a miracle on a YouTube video that he cannot identify?

Back