What I went through because of Christianity.

So do you believe in miracles because some anonymous person in an internet forum told you he saw a miracle on a YouTube video that he cannot identify?

Oh no!
You're being dangerous here!
Your criticisms are a danger and a hazard and a risk to the lives of Christians!
You need to admit that your existence is dangerous to the lives of Christians!
You need to leave this forum now, before any Christians get killled by your worthless and hateful rhetoric!

I'd be fooled if I believed that a paralyzed woman was healed because some anonymous person in an internet forum said he watched a YouTube video that he can't even find!
I told you can easily see videos of her healing on YouTube. What I couldn't find again was the video of the person who knew her personally, before and after her healing.

I think you are doing an excellent job using God's Word to respond to Unknown Soldier.
Thank you. That means a lot to me. :)

But, it may be time for Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22.
You're right, it is, but since we have an audience listening in I want to keep the discussion going for their benefit. Maybe he hasn't passed the point of no return in his unbelief. But, personally, I think he has. But that is definitely one thing I'd gladly be wrong about!

But what if the Devil is using the Bible to deceive you?
As far as written words are concerned, the word of God is the anchor of truth in this life. If that anchor is really the devil deceiving us then nothing matters. No one has any hope and we can all just go back to our sins like you did. Hey, but at least you believe in the devil! That's a big step for an atheist.

Thank you. That means a lot to me. :)

You're right, it is, but since we have an audience listening in I want to keep the discussion going for their benefit. Maybe he hasn't passed the point of no return in his unbelief. But, personally, I think he has. But that is definitely one thing I'd gladly be wrong about!
Keep sowing the seeds. ?

Yep it is time to apply Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22.
So when I point out the sheer foolishness of believing an outlandish story on the flimsiest of evidence, your Christian faith causes you to call me a pig. That's because you've lost this argument and can't think of any sensible way out of it.

So when I point out the sheer foolishness of believing an outlandish story on the flimsiest of evidence, your Christian faith causes you to call me a pig. That's because you've lost this argument and can't think of any sensible way out of it.
No. I did not call you a pig. Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22 describes what is going on here.
If the shoe fits...

No. I did not call you a pig. Matt 7:6 and 2 Peter 2:22 describes what is going on here.
If the shoe fits...
Oh? Let's take a look:
Matthew 7:6:
Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
2 Peter 2:22
But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
So you are correct. You didn't call me a pig. You called a pig and a dog.

But I suppose I shouldn't be too insulted. After all, pigs and dogs are very intelligent creatures. You won't find them believing crazy stories on the internet because some anonymous person said those stories are "confirmed."

But I suppose I shouldn't be too insulted. After all, pigs and dogs are very intelligent creatures. You won't find them believing crazy stories on the internet because some anonymous person said those stories are "confirmed."

So here we go again...
You hate Chrsitianity and Christians, and you think they are so "dangerous" that instead of running away from them, you go to hang out where they are, and do whatever you can to try to provoke them.

Doesn't sound very smart (just my opinion).

And why do you hate Christians? Because you sent $5 in to Robert Schuller, expecting him to get God to heal your cataracts, and so when He didn't, you decided to make attacking Christians your life-long vendetta.

It's not like some Christian knocked on your door, and asked you if you knew about Jesus, and you replied, "No, I'm familiar with your beliefs, and I'm not interested. Have a good day." (which is what a normal, reasonable, respectful person would do).

No, you come to a Christian forum, you throw yourself down on the ground, and then whine and cry that a Chrsitian pushed you down.

You want to pick a fight with us, and we're not interested, and we showed where our Lord commands us not to waste our time by citing a verse that basically says, "cast not your pearls", but instead of concentrating on that, you concentrate on the references to "swine" and "dogs" so that you can play the victim and take offense, and try to make people believe Christians are so "mean".

To end this, let me tell you a story... Even before I became a Christian, I had a roommate. We were both retail store managers for the same company. One day we went to a sports bar, and he pointed out a guy in a baseball cap. He tells me, "See that guy? That's my brother. I haven't spoken to him in 10 years." Now that is a guy who holds a grudge. A few months later, my roommate got mad at me for something I didn't do, and for the last few months before he moved out, whenever I was home he would hide in his bedroom to have nothing to do with me. No skin off my nose, that gave me the run of the rest of the apartment.

That is a guy who can't hold a grudge. Even if he truly felt harmed, he is unable to forgive, and he will be carrying his grudge with him for the rest of his life. How sad.

And you seem to be the same as him. You love to hold your grudge, and you won't let it go and forgive the few people who think let you down. No, you want to blame EVERYONE. I can't imagine that you have any happiness in your life. But sooner or later, you'll leave, or I'll put you on "ignore", and I may think of you every once in a while, feel sad for you, and pray that you would learn forgiveness.

And you don't even have to accept Christian spirituality to understand the power of forgiving those who have harmed you.

Oh? Let's take a look:

So you are correct. You didn't call me a pig. You called a pig and a dog.

And the shoe fits.

So here we go again...
You hate Chrsitianity and Christians, and you think they are so "dangerous" that instead of running away from them, you go to hang out where they are, and do whatever you can to try to provoke them.
That is exactly why you ignore me.
Doesn't sound very smart (just my opinion).

And why do you hate Christians? Because you sent $5 in to Robert Schuller, expecting him to get God to heal your cataracts, and so when He didn't, you decided to make attacking Christians your life-long vendetta.

It's not like some Christian knocked on your door, and asked you if you knew about Jesus, and you replied, "No, I'm familiar with your beliefs, and I'm not interested. Have a good day." (which is what a normal, reasonable, respectful person would do).

No, you come to a Christian forum, you throw yourself down on the ground, and then whine and cry that a Chrsitian pushed you down.
As you do me?
You want to pick a fight with us, and we're not interested, and we showed where our Lord commands us not to waste our time by citing a verse that basically says, "cast not your pearls", but instead of concentrating on that, you concentrate on the references to "swine" and "dogs" so that you can play the victim and take offense, and try to make people believe Christians are so "mean".
You want to lick a fight with the ways of God in Christ.
To end this, let me tell you a story... Even before I became a Christian, I had a roommate. We were both retail store managers for the same company. One day we went to a sports bar, and he pointed out a guy in a baseball cap. He tells me, "See that guy? That's my brother. I haven't spoken to him in 10 years." Now that is a guy who holds a grudge. A few months later, my roommate got mad at me for something I didn't do, and for the last few months before he moved out, whenever I was home he would hide in his bedroom to have nothing to do with me. No skin off my nose, that gave me the run of the rest of the apartment.
his is exactly as you do with christians who are as Jesus was in the Father.
That is a guy who can't hold a grudge. Even if he truly felt harmed, he is unable to forgive, and he will be carrying his grudge with him for the rest of his life. How sad.
That describes your demeanor exactly.
And you seem to be the same as him. You love to hold your grudge, and you won't let it go and forgive the few people who think let you down. No, you want to blame EVERYONE. I can't imagine that you have any happiness in your life. But sooner or later, you'll leave, or I'll put you on "ignore", and I may think of you every once in a while, feel sad for you, and pray that you would learn forgiveness.
And you are the same a him.
And you don't even have to accept Christian spirituality to understand the power of forgiving those who have harmed you.
That is exactly why you ignore me for the very same reason.

Gods ultimate purpose is that He may be manifest in your mortal man and that just does not compute with you at all.

That's obviously a loaded question. You want to distance yourself from the Christians who practice faith healing which as we all know originated in the New Testament.
Not at all. The people you describe aren't practicing healing that originated in the New Testament.

The healing in the New Testament was a apostolic gift. This is not.

The healing in the New Testament was unmistakable. This is fake.
The basis for my belief in faith healing was rooted in my study of the Bible. I read in the Gospels that Jesus was a faith healer as were his apostles.
Really? What verse says Jesus and the Apostles were faith healers?

Don't know what Bible you're reading, but every one I've ever seen says that Jesus healed by His own divine power to demonstrate that He is God, and that the Apostles were given the ability to heal as part of their apostolic office and in order to validate their ministry.
Anyway, you can free yourself from guilt easily enough. Just repudiate belief in God healing people.
Why would I do that when the Bible is so clear that God heals people?

And the shoe fits.
That I'm right about the impotence of Christian healing is quite clear as it is recognized in popular culture. For example, the metal band Metallica wrote a song about it. Here's The God That Failed:

Pride you took Pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel
Not the word, not the love
Not what you thought from above
It feeds it grows
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit deceive
Decide just what you believe
I see faith in your eyes
Never your hear the discouraging lies
I hear faith in your cries
Broken is the promise, betrayal
The healing hand held back by the deepened nail
Follow the god that failed
Find your peace
Find your say
Find the smooth road in your way
Trust you gave
A child to save
Left you cold and him in grave
It feeds it grows
It clouds all that you will know
Deceit deceive
Decide just what you believe
I see faith in your eyes
Never you hear the discouraging lies
I see faith in your eyes
Pride you took pride you feel
Pride that you felt when you'd kneel
Trust you gave a child to save
Left you cold and him in grave
I see faith in your eyes
Never you hear the discouraging lies
The healing hand held back by deepened nail
Broken is the promise, betrayal, betrayal yeah

Lol. Metallica? Yep. The shoe fits.
I understand that the song The God That Failed is based on a true story of some Christian parents who relied on only prayer and faith to save their sick child who could have survived if provided with medical care. The child died. Note that the child was a Christian. Essentially all the victims of faith healing are Christians. I am hoping to save the lives of such Christians. So any allegations that I hate Christians are libelous.

I understand that the song The God That Failed is based on a true story of some Christian parents who relied on only prayer and faith to save their sick child who could have survived if provided with medical care.

Extremists... Probably JW's.

There's an old Russian proverb that is respected by many (most?) Christians, "Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore." There's also the old joke about a man stuck on his roof during a flood, praying for God to save him, while two boats and a helicopter came to save him. After he drowned, he asked God, why didn't you save me? God answered, "What did you want? I sent you two boats and a helicopter".

The child died. Note that the child was a Christian.

What is your proof that the parents were "Christian"?
What denomination (or cult) of "Christianity" were they?
You don't care, do you?
You simply want to mud-sling against ALL Christians based on the irrationality of two individuals. And that is NUTS.

If you took a poll of 1000 Christians, and asked them if they should avoid all medical technology and depend ONLY on God for healing, 1000 of them would say, "No. Do NOT avoid medical technology".

But you don't care.
You only want to look for excuses to hate on Christianity.
How incredibly sad to waste your life that way.

Essentially all the victims of faith healing are Christians. I am hoping to save the lives of such Christians. So any allegations that I hate Christians are libelous.

<Chuckle>
Now you are simply demonstrating your ignorance of the English language.
What is "libellous" about pointing out the TRUTH about you?

For someone to be "libellous", you would have to prove their claims:
(1) false; and
(2) financially injurious to your situation.

As an anonymous poster, you can "prove" NEITHER.

Back