What I went through because of Christianity.

No He didn't, I am His son and Jesus was my brother, we have the same Father who is a Spirit and we have His same One. But obviously you are not His son, His child as we are are you?

There is One that you do not know, and that One is the One who came to Jesus and opened up who He is by the Spirit He is and all of His heaven in us. Proven in Matt 3:16. That is the One that you have not met that you may call Him your Father who creates man in His same Spiritual image that He is. You dont have a clue who God is by your rejection to recieve from Him His same Spirit as Jesus recieved from Him.

You call Jesus a lier when you read Matt 3:16 and say that didnt happen, and you call him a blasphemer when he says this of himself and his God who sent him where Jesus was very clear that he could do noting at all without his God who did send him to show you what it is to be in the Father yourself that you totally reject in atheism. Read what Jesus said of himself and hoist God and then call him God. That was the mentality of these who accused Jesus of blasphemy no different at all.

But then as you have stated before the red letters are evil and of the devil.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 12:44-45. who believes in me, does not believe in me but in Him who sent me. He who sees me sees Him who sent me.

John

7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Joihn 17:2-21, the kingdom of God doesnt come withj observation, it is withn you

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

John 14:16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Matt 11:25. At that time Jesus declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
FYI again Gary, you can ONLY be an adopted son ( Not begotten Son- like Jesus ONLY is since He had no biological human father )! The scriptures CLEARLY state that Jesus is the ONLY Begotten Son of God ( see John 1:18 for that Fact Gary ) ! We all have human fathers and only can become ADOPTED sons of God and that only happens if we call on the NAME of the Lord ( Jesus Christ ) to save us as it clearly states in the Bible - all who call on the name of the lord SHALL ( not might or maybe ) be saved ( born again Gary )!

In your pitiful state of mind, you can't even fathom whom God sent to save mankind.
The Spirit Love that God is and man is the temple of Him is always pitiful for those who worship flesh as a god instead the One who is a Spirit of Love.

God sends us all who has received His same Spirit of love that Jesus recieved in Matt 3:16. GHod sent him as well and Jesus was very clear that his God of Love did and he displayed that God who came to reside in him in Matt 3:16 just as He does in us all who are born again of Him.

You are not born again of God Himself as Jesus recieved his renewing of mind by God Himself are you? That is exactly why the ways of Jesus in the Father is unfathomable just as you stated.

Read what Jesus said of himself and his God who sent him and call him a liar as you just did. And the truth is you accuse Jesus of blasphemey and do not believe a word of who he said he was in God.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 12:44-45. who believes in me, does not believe in me but in Him who sent me. He who sees me sees Him who sent me.

John

7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Joihn 17:2-21, the kingdom of God doesnt come withj observation, it is withn you

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

John 14:16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Matt 11:25. At that time Jesus declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed
in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18
Exactly' and God sent that man to lead you to the same God who came to him and saved him. You however condemn everything that God sends His children just as Jesus was His child, His son, to accomplish.

Why would you want the day of the Lord, when the Lord comes to judge?
The day of the Lord is the very day He comes to you as Jesus Lord came to him and opend up who He is and all of His heaven in that man just as He did in Jesus.

You havent met your day in the Lord as Jesus did have you?
Jesus said this of his Lord, and you really should try believing Jesus instead of your own ideas for a god.

John

It will be darkness and not light. Amos 5:18
And as long as you choose to live in that darkness and refuse that what God sent Jesus to show you what it is to be in the Father yourself, you never will I've in His light of mind, knowledge.
For the Lord has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.
God really doesnt reject anyone who will obey and come to Him where He is. Where is He? Jesus was very clear where Goid resides in His kingdom in Luke 17:20-21, it doesnt come with observation, it is withn you, or is supposed to be, which is obvious you darkness cant see that light. But if you ever do obey and recieve from God as Jesus did and see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him 1 John. But that light isn't going to turn on least you turn it on.

FYI again Gary, you can ONLY be an adopted son ( Not begotten Son- like Jesus ONLY is since He had no biological human father )! The scriptures CLEARLY state that Jesus is the ONLY Begotten Son of God ( see John 1:18 for that Fact Gary ) ! We all have human fathers and only can become ADOPTED sons of God and that only happens if we call on the NAME of the Lord ( Jesus Christ ) to save us as it clearly states in the Bible - all who call on the name of the lord SHALL ( not might or maybe ) be saved ( born again Gary )!
Well if you are not born of God His a child and His son, then you are a bastard, an illegitimate child born without a knowing who your father is, then you are only trying to move into His kingdom bye law.

As for me who is born of God as Jesus was and all His children are, I am not adopted at all but begotten, Born of God for I have the same Father as Jesus had.

You only confess that you are illegitimate and not born of God is all. AT least you are honest enough to admit that you are illegitimate and dont have a clue who your Father is.

The truth is you can be born again of God just as all of His children are to become like Him to know who He is as was revealed in Jesus in Matt 3:16 that you see is a lie and Jesus didnt receive from God and His heaven.

It is very obvious to you when you read of Jesus and His God who sent him and could do noting at all without, that it is all blaspheme and a lie.

Here is what Jesus had to say of that you you deem as red letters are evil. And that my friend is exactly why you are trying to adopt your doctrine into His that He may obey you.

You read what Jesus said then flat out call him a liar and the red letters are evil for you. You really should rethink your position in who Jesus was. .

What is written below really does upset you as you call it evil -- but one think is very clear, your day of reckoning in this will come sooner or later. But I figure that day will come to late for you for by the grave it is to late to Know God and be ;like Him and in His same image that He creates man to be by then. The grave isn't going to save you at all. Your salvation iOS for this day and He is at your door knocking this day, and if you would let Him in as Jesus did, He will come to you as well and sup with you and be in you. Rev 3;20, But that isn't going to happen is it? You will go to the gave never knowing Him at all for He is a God of the living, not the dead whether you think so or not. .

John

The Spirit Love that God is and man is the temple of Him is always pitiful for those who worship flesh as a god instead the One who is a Spirit of Love.
Walk properly, as in the day,...But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh; Rom 13:13-14
You are not born again of God Himself as Jesus recieved his renewing of mind by God Himself are you?
Reflect on this, for we are created in Christ Jesus, born not of the will of man but of God. (John 1:12)
That is exactly why the ways of Jesus in the Father is unfathomable just as you stated.
That's exactly why whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. 1 John 5:1
Read what Jesus said of himself and his God who sent him and call him a liar as you just did.
You have it all twisted, those who call God a liar are the reprobates who reject His Son.
He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:10-12
And as long as you choose to live in that darkness and refuse that what God sent Jesus to show you what it is to be in the Father yourself, you never will I've in His light of mind, knowledge.
In Him [the Word, the beginning of God's creation] was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1:4
But that light isn't going to turn on least you turn it on.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5

Whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:4

By their fruit you will know them.

cont.
What if I disagree about what it means to be a person “living out faithfully the call to participate in the reconciling mission of the biblical God”? As we’ve already discovered, many progressives strongly disagree with historic Christians on the reconciling work of Jesus on the cross. So what if I don’t affirm the quote? Am I excluded from the community? [Lev 7:20] I can tell you from experience that I am. Belief statements are unavoidable. (73-74)

The earliest creed in the history of Christianity is probably the one found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-5.
“For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-5 (NRSV) (31)

However, with their denial of the atoning work of Jesus on the cross, many progressive Christians take it one step further: Jesus is no longer our Savior but an example of how we can do good works in the world...(104)

In fact, Gnostics believe that the only “sin” was ignorance.” Gnostics, therefore, believed that Jesus came not to save us from sin but to impart special knowledge that would essentially lead us to participate in the divine pleroma. To find this knowledge was to find salvation. “The gnostic freedom is attained by him by participation in the divine realm, the pleroma.” (107) ―AC

Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ Jesus our Savior.
St. Augustine once wrote, "that sinners are curved inward", looking for some glimmer or spark of intrinsic goodness to reply upon for salvation. That a self-therapeutic feel good theology to finding oneself in a 12 step DIY program is a revelation to self-discovery in an enchanted realm. Instead of reading the word of God or listening to the preaching of Law & Gospel in relation to Justification By Faith Alone in the crucified one!​

Sure, and I would add that just because a person claims to "know" the Bible doesn't mean that that person does know it. The Bible is a huge, strange book that even scholars cannot agree on. Many people become deluded thinking they are special in that they get the Bible "right," but in reality are only indoctrinated and not educated about it.
Oxymoron? Indoctrinated but not not educated? Maybe, this is why we must be like the Bereans who challenged the Apostle when he preached. In other words they did not take his word for it, that verified it by researching it for themselves. And I agree the Bible is complicated, but if read, and studied and open minded to understand it, then it the truth will be revealed. One thing I have learned over the decades is that the Bible has one central golden thread that run throughout Scripture from beginning to the end, and that is Christ! Christology or Christ centered on God's Promise and the unfolding of the eschatological consummation of redemptive history!​

I'd advise you to do the same. I'm seeing some difficulties in your comments on the Bible already.
Just ask if you need help. But I'll lead you, I want you to research it for yourself. This way you find the truth.

What about them? Like anybody else they found the Bible handy to promote their agendas.
Well, Soldier, shouldn't we learn from our past? Look up the Reformation, the ECF; St. Augustine, Anselm and others. Read both sides of the debate, and try to understand both sides then make a conclusion. Making one premature is flawed, right?​

Yes, and I urge you to do some fact checking of your own. Have you done any study regarding where the Bible came from and who actually wrote it? I did, and I found it wasn't what Christians told me it was.
Okay, share what you learned. Let's see, what you have come up with. And I'll share with you what I've learned.
Well, I've investigated Paul himself, and many Jewish rabbis say that Paul is distorting the Jewish scriptures.
Do you not see a problem here? Most if not all Jews today do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. But as I pointed out in my last post, the historical Jesus is in the Roman transcripts being charged with blasphemy and crucified. This is an outside source with no bias for either Jews or Christians.​
I've heard the argument many times. It contains multiple fallacies. One, we really don't know if those stories of martyrdom are historical. They appear to be legendary. Two, even if the apostles died that way, there's no good reason to believe that their claims about Jesus are true. As I see it, it is irrational to die for anything if you can save your skin! And if the apostles were that irrational, then it's foolish to believe them. Finally, it seems reasonable to me that no real God would allow his prophets to be killed. What good could the apostles do if they were dead?
Don't give up so easily, Tacitus's reference to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate is both authenic, and of historical value as an independent Roman source about early Christianity that is in unison with other historical records.
I am a truth seeker.

And one truth I'm still seeking is the answer to my question: In what way do you differ from the Pentecostals? Please honestly answer my questions.
Good, I am you are seeking the truth as I did and find it. Or should I say when I heard it when the Doctrines of Grace were preached to me. Well, when I was a Pentecostal it was a lot of trying to find a religious experience; speaking in tongues; being filled with the holy spirit which you engage in dancing or moving convulse way, falling to the ground, fainting etc. I found this very strange and uncomfortable. And if you didn't experience these things were not saved. Well, Soldier I never had these experiences no matter how hard I tried. I even faked them to see if that worked, it did not. I didn't feel like I belonged there.
But that book is just about Christian inter-sect squabbling, isn't it? I generally don't get involved in those arguments.​
I highly recommend this book. She encounters the same questions we have asked. She sets out to find the truth no matter the outcome. This book provides a lot of answers to your questions you seek answers to. If the truth is really what you seek, then seek it.​

Yes, I'm afraid that we all can only guess about what's true in the Bible.​
I beg to differ. There's a lot we can learn and there will be questions we will not find answers to. But the answers that God does reveal to us is more than sufficient. Everybody want to peek behind the curtain, but this is not possible. For example, for me I keep pondering upon how we can exist on a rock floating through nothingness. My limited perception boggles my mind; the rings of Saturn on how uniform they are. Or how DNA RNA replicates itself wrote a written code. This is the hidden face of God, which by the way is another excellent book to add to a library. This book is written by a Jewish scientist, go figure.​
I have read the whole Bible. I did so when I was a Christian.​
Good, may I ask you a question and be honest. What is the book of Zechariah about? And please do not goggle it or look it up.

The Pentecostals preach the same thing about Jesus in the Bible you do. I must disagree. Jesus only appears in the New Testament. If God really wanted to predict Jesus in the Jewish scriptures, then he could have easily done so and done so clearly and unambiguously. But we don't have anything like that in the Old Testament. Why didn't God include a prophetic book entitled "The Prophecy of the Coming of Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah and Son of God"? Instead the New-Testament writers pull fragmented passages from the Jewish scriptures out of context.​
Not as I remember it, it was more about self testimony and being spirit fill with religious experience of tongues, dancing with spirit, and laying of hands. I did not hear the Law & Gospel in relation to justification by faith alone being preached.
I'd rather not go off on a tangent about crime and punishment, but personally I just believe in having mercy on people. It's one Bible doctrine I agree with. Did you know that the merciful are blessed for they will receive mercy? (Matthew 5:7) So God evidently does not always take his own advice if he forced his only son to die a horrible death to partially appease God's wrath and desire to take revenge on sinners.

I think that if Jesus really was crucified by the Romans, then it was for being a suspected criminal or insurrectionist. The Romans crucified thousands of Jews for that reason, so Jesus was nothing special.

It's sad that so much trouble has been caused by people believing a silly myth like that. Do you honestly believe the world's troubles started with a talking snake who was more convincing than God?

Where does what come from? I assume you mean "sin." Sin is just a label that the crafty Bible writers placed on actions they didn't want people to take.​
Well, I agree to disagree, we need to hold criminals accountable for their actions, and not be easy on crime with a slap on the hand. Can we show mercy to them, sure, we can share the Law & Gospel with them, but they still need to serve their sentence for the crime they committed.

As far as you saying that thousands of Jews were crucified for claiming to be God, prove it. Show me these thousand of people.​

I think that if Jesus really was crucified by the Romans, then it was for being a suspected criminal or insurrectionist. The Romans crucified thousands of Jews for that reason, so Jesus was nothing special.

It's sad that so much trouble has been caused by people believing a silly myth like that. Do you honestly believe the world's troubles started with a talking snake who was more convincing than God?

Where does what come from? I assume you mean "sin." Sin is just a label that the crafty Bible writers placed on actions they didn't want people to take.
I don't care about people being condescending towards me. I know what I believe and why I believe it. Conjecture is not seeking the truth and baseless comments are needless wouldn't you say? You claims that Romans crucified thousands of Jews for Blasphemy. In the siege that led to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, the Roman soldiers crucified Jewish captives before the wall of Jerusalem and out of anger and hatred amused themselves by nailing them in different positions. The Rome Empire hated the Jewish nation period. Like Hitler, committed genocide too, right?​

In fact, Gnostics believe that the only “sin” was ignorance.” Gnostics, therefore, believed that Jesus came not to save us from sin but to impart special knowledge that would essentially lead us to participate in the divine pleroma. To find this knowledge was to find salvation. “The gnostic freedom is attained by him by participation in the divine realm, the pleroma.” (107) ―AC
Isn't this what the serpent said? That God was lying to Adam & Eve, and they know more than God and could overthrow him and be like gods?

So for the record, you deny Jesus? You also deny Christianity ever existed or just don't believe what they teach? So, what your position now, an atheist or what is it now? Agnostic, Skeptic?

Isn't this what the serpent said? That God was lying to Adam & Eve, and they know more than God and could overthrow him and be like gods?
There is nothing new under the sun.
So for the record, you deny Jesus? You also deny Christianity ever existed or just don't believe what they teach? So, what your position now, an atheist or what is it now? Agnostic, Skeptic?
For their rock is not like our Rock, Deut 32:31
When I came to Your Sanctuary, then I understood their end. Psalm 73:17
Your way, O God, is in the Sanctuary [which He sanctified forever 2 Chron 30:8] You have with Your arm redeemed Your people; Psalm 77:12-15
He sent His Word and delivered them; Psalm 107:20
If they do not speak according to the Word, there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:13-20
For the grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever. Isaiah 40:8

Last edited:
Walk properly, as in the day,...But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh; Rom 13:13-14
I listen to Jesus and not Paul. Obey and walk as he walks in the same God as he did.
Reflect on this, for we are created in Christ Jesus, born not of the will of man but of God. (John 1:12)
Absouetly, We are created by God just as Jesus was, not born of mans opinions but God Himself come to you and be in you and create you in His same Spiritual image that He is, Just as Jesus became in Matt 3:16, born of God, born again by the Spirit of.

You dont know that God is a Spirit and resides in man do you?

That's exactly why whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God. 1 John 5:1

We who God has come to us and open in us who He is and all of His. heaven in us dont have a belief about Jesus, we are like him with the same identification of God Himself revealing in us who He is by the Spirit He is.

You only have a belief about who Jesus was from what man has told you instead of God Himself coming to you and revealing who He is just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16. That is exactly what is missing in your beliefs for a god.
You have it all twisted, those who call God a liar are the reprobates who reject His Son.
This who call Jesus a liar and that he didnt need God to come to him and open in him who God is Himself and all of His heaven but falsley accuse him of being God instead, actually call Jesus a liar when he said this of himself and his God who sent him.

You really should try listening to Jesus sometimes instead of whoever is teaching you their own opinions about him and his Goid who sent him.

Can you answer this one simple question? If to you Jesus was god than who do you say this was Jesus spoke of when I quote of him?
Can you answer honestly without adding to or taking away from what Jesus said or what someone else said about him without adding to what he said from your own opinions?

I have asked this question hundreds of times and not one person will answer simply because they do not know who Jesus was talking about, and dont tell me he was speaking of himself. He was very clear in his position with his God that obviously is not yours.

John

He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:10-12
He who has received the same from God as Jesus are identified with him.
In Him [the Word, the beginning of God's creation] was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1:4
Note the ( )s those are mans opinions edited.

In Him, God, is the same life as Jesus lived in Him.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5
And this exactly what I have been saying. If you have not received the light, mind, Spirit, of God as your own disposition as Jesus did, Adam did in Gen 3:22, as Abraham did, as Moses did, as Mary did, as Jesus did in Matt 3;16, as 120 did in an upper room, then you walk in that same darkness as all of these did before God enlightened them Himself. Jesus described his renewing of mind as born again.

Whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Cor 4:4
Those who has not recieved from God the same as all of these I just mentions recieved from God has developed their own gospels just as Paul did which is so much different from the gospel that Jesus presented for you to be like him in the Father yourself. But because you follow another such as Pauls opinions, the ways of Jesus are set by the wayside and you follow another instead.

No matter what you quote of what others said about Jesus and God, iubtil God Himself come to you as He did in these mentioned, then you never ever will know the truth from God Himself nor could have any of these who recieved God Himself in them.

And that is exactly what you are missing in your doctrine is God Himself be your own mind. You act as if God isn't capable of conveying His will for you, that is why you follow others like Paul instead.

I am a truth seeker.

Well, I've investigated Paul himself, and many Jewish rabbis say that Paul is distorting the Jewish scriptures.
We can’t do anything against the truth, we advocate the truth. 2 Cor 13:8
Yes, I'm afraid that we all can only guess about what's true in the Bible.
We have been speaking in the sight of God as those [reconciled] in Christ Jesus. 2 Cor 12:19
It's sad that so much trouble has been caused by people believing a silly myth like that.
But it turns out that your minds have been corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus. 2 Cor 11:3
Where does what come from? I assume you mean "sin." Sin is just a label that the crafty Bible writers placed on actions they didn't want people to take.
If the dead do not rise, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!” Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. 1 Cor 15:33-34
You only have a belief about who Jesus was from what man has told you instead of God Himself coming to you and revealing who He is just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16. That is exactly what is missing in your beliefs for a god.
Speaking of making their tongues like a serpent; Look who shows up, the reprobate who knows not the way of peace.

Jesus Christ Himself is our peace. Eph 2:14

Last edited:
I'll share this with you.

A covenant is an agreement between two parties. There are two basic types of covenants: conditional and unconditional. A conditional or bilateral covenant is an agreement that is binding on both parties for its fulfillment. Both parties agree to fulfill certain conditions. If either party fails to meet their responsibilities, the covenant is broken and neither party has to fulfill the expectations of the covenant. An unconditional or unilateral covenant is an agreement between two parties, but only one of the two parties has to do something. Nothing is required of the other party.

The Abrahamic Covenant is an unconditional covenant. The actual covenant is found in Genesis 12:1–3. The ceremony recorded in Genesis 15 indicates the unconditional nature of the covenant. When a covenant was dependent upon both parties keeping commitments, then both parties would pass between the pieces of animals. In Genesis 15, God alone moves between the halves of the animals. Abraham was in a deep sleep. God’s solitary action indicates that the covenant is principally His promise. He binds Himself to the covenant.

Later, God gave Abraham the rite of circumcision as the specific sign of the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 17:9–14). All males in Abraham’s line were to be circumcised and thus carry with them a lifelong mark in their flesh that they were part of God’s physical blessing in the world. Any descendant of Abraham who refused circumcision was declaring himself to be outside of God’s covenant; this explains why God was angry with Moses when Moses failed to circumcise his son (Exodus 4:24–26).

God determined to call out a special people for Himself, and through that special people He would bless the whole world. The Lord tells Abram,
“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:2–3).

God made a Promise, gave his word, with no strings attached, that those who believe in him who justifies the ungodly, their Faith (Alone) is counted for righteousness apart from works of the Law. For through the works of the Law no flesh will be justified before a Holy God. Christ's righteousness becomes our and is received through Faith Alone and it's this righteousness given to us where we can stand before God and be declared righteous. This is the eschatological judgement in the present time.​

You never know how much you really believe
anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter
of life and death to you.
---C.S. Lewis
The curve of the rocking chair dug into my hip as I held my restless toddler, singing a hymn into the darkness---darkness so thick it felt as if it were made of physical matter, choking the cries right out of mu throat as I prayed to a God I wasn't sure was even there. "God, I know you're real," I whispered. "Please let me feel your presence. Please."

Nothing.

I didn't feel even the slightest goose bump or the familiar warmth that used to signify his presence to me. Swollen in the breast and belly, my pregnant body ached as my little girl scampered around my lap trying to find a place to settle. Though the words seemed stuck behind my lips, I found a way to sing them out:
Before the throne of God above;
I have a strong and perfect plea...
Everything hurt. But I didn't protest. I remembered the promise I'd made while in the deepest pains of labor before my daughter was born. I will never again complain about being miserably uncomfortable. I'd declared to myself. When you're enduring pain that profound, you would give anything to simply be miserably uncomfortable.

After eighteen hours of back and five hours of pushing, Dyllan was born in distress. She was welcomed into the world by being swept out of my arms, laid on a cold metal table, and held down as tubes were stuck down in her trachea. Those tubes saved her life. But it was a vexing cure. Her birth had traumatized us both.

Even so, God's peace overwhelmed me, and when they finally laid her back in my arms, I took one look at her and I knew. I knew with the kind of knowing that emerges from a place so deep inside, you don't even realize it's there until you need it. I knew there was nothing I wouldn't do for her now. No mountain so towering I wouldn't climb it for her. No ocean so deep I wouldn't swim it for her. No battle so formidable I wouldn't fight it for her.

But I had no idea this would be tested so soon. As I rocked my toddler at night, I was in labor again, but this time it wasn't physical. The labor was spiritual. And it wasn't a battle I had to fight just for myself. Two souls would depend on the outcome of this particular conflict of faith.
A great High Priest whose name is love;
Whoever lives and pleads for me.
But does he?

Is God on a mystical throne somewhere out beyond the expanse of space?

Is he even aware of me?

Is everything I've ever believed about him a lie?

What happens when we die?
My name is graven on his hands;
My name is written on his heart...
But is it?

Is the Bible really God's word?

Is the only identity I've ever known a complete sham?

What am I suppose to tell my children?

Is religion just the opiate of the masses?

Does God even exist at all?

This is the beginning to chapter one of her book. As I said before it's a must read. I hope you read it and share with me on what you think. Because the questions above she is in a battle to seek to find the answers to.​

An excerpt from Another Gospel by Alisa Childers.

We can’t do anything against the truth, we advocate the truth. 2 Cor 13:8
If you did advocate the truth then you would be as Jesus said you would be like him in the Father and walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following, and even do greater works that Jesus did. You advocate your own beliefs and call it truths.
We have been speaking in the sight of God as those [reconciled] in Christ Jesus. 2 Cor 12:19
But we who has recieved from God the same Spirit of God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 are reconciled to God just as Jesus was. That is exactly why I follow what Jesus said instead of another opinions about it as one such as Paul who had his own ideas about his religion.

But it turns out that your minds have been corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus. 2 Cor 11:3
But we who has received from God His same mind and God Himself open-end in us who He is and all of His heaven in us are exactly as Jesus was in the Father.

Jesus even prayed to the God who came to him in John 17 that that same God be in you who was in him.

If the dead do not rise,
The only way the dead in Gods anointing Christ, will rise is if you let God Himself raise you from that dead state of Spirit and come to life in Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
“Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!
Y9ou can dies that death from that dead state of spirituality if you will let in the Spirit that God is who is knocking at your door this day in. He will come to you and sup with you and be in you. Rev 3:20. In that you will walk as He walks in His same light of Spirit that God is and your mind would be.
” Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame. 1 Cor 15:33-34
It isn't a matter of sinning or not sinning, it is a matter of being born of God and we who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, cannot sin because we are born of God. 1 John 3:9.

You are not listening to God or Jesus you are listening to Pauls beliefs for a god instead. God takes away the sins of this world.

Do you even know what sin is?
Speaking of making their tongues like a serpent; Look who shows up, the reprobate who knows not the way of peace.
Yes and Paul was chief of this. He taught you are just a dirty ole sinner not worthy of the kingdom of God, but Jesus taught that in the Father we are His righteousness and all are worthy who has ;et God in to be in His same image as He creates man to be.

You haven't learned yet that the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it isn't a place you do to someday and observe, it is within you. See Jesus in Luke 17y:20-21 about where he said Gods kingdom resides. Most dont follow the ways of Jesus sadly.
Jesus Christ Himself is our peace. Eph 2:14
Jesus peace was in the Father, so is mine.

I'll share this with you.

A covenant is an agreement between two parties.​
And a covenant is between two equals.
There are two basic types of covenants: conditional and unconditional. A conditional or bilateral covenant is an agreement that is binding on both parties for its fulfillment. Both parties agree to fulfill certain conditions. If either party fails to meet their responsibilities, the covenant is broken and neither party has to fulfill the expectations of the covenant. An unconditional or unilateral covenant is an agreement between two parties, but only one of the two parties has to do something. Nothing is required of the other party.

The Abrahamic Covenant is an unconditional covenant. The actual covenant is found in Genesis 12:1–3. The ceremony recorded in Genesis 15 indicates the unconditional nature of the covenant. When a covenant was dependent upon both parties keeping commitments, then both parties would pass between the pieces of animals. In Genesis 15, God alone moves between the halves of the animals. Abraham was in a deep sleep. God’s solitary action indicates that the covenant is principally His promise. He binds Himself to the covenant.

Later, God gave Abraham the rite of circumcision as the specific sign of the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 17:9–14). All males in Abraham’s line were to be circumcised and thus carry with them a lifelong mark in their flesh that they were part of God’s physical blessing in the world. Any descendant of Abraham who refused circumcision was declaring himself to be outside of God’s covenant; this explains why God was angry with Moses when Moses failed to circumcise his son (Exodus 4:24–26).

God determined to call out a special people for Himself, and through that special people He would bless the whole world. The Lord tells Abram,
“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:2–3).

God made a Promise, gave his word, with no strings attached, that those who believe in him who justifies the ungodly, their Faith (Alone) is counted for righteousness apart from works of the Law. For through the works of the Law no flesh will be justified before a Holy God. Christ's righteousness becomes our and is received through Faith Alone and it's this righteousness given to us where we can stand before God and be declared righteous. This is the eschatological judgement in the present time.​
The covenant between me and Gods is as He promised that when we see Him as He is ey shall be like Him. 1 John 3.

In that we are equals for he kept his promise and so did I when I met Him. He in me and I in Him are one. John 17.

Oxymoron? Indoctrinated but not not educated? Maybe, this is why we must be like the Bereans who challenged the Apostle when he preached. In other words they did not take his word for it, that verified it by researching it for themselves.​
I "researched it for myself," and like I've said already, I see nothing in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible) about Jesus. I presume you will dismiss my research and opt for whatever supports your Christian beliefs.
And I agree the Bible is complicated, but if read, and studied and open minded to understand it, then it the truth will be revealed.​
I studied the Bible that way when I was a Christian and ever since. Doing so I discovered false prophecies, inconsistencies, and the glorification of atrocities said to be either instigated or done directly by God. Obviously you won't accept my effort as open-minded or based on the truth. I've found that many Christians will encourage Bible study only to insult those who made that effort and ended up unbelievers. Many Christians have insulted me that way.
One thing I have learned over the decades is that the Bible has one central golden thread that run throughout Scripture from beginning to the end, and that is Christ! Christology or Christ centered on God's Promise and the unfolding of the eschatological consummation of redemptive history!​
That's an example of Christian doctrine imposed on the Tanakh. When I read the Bible when I was a Christian, I read its books in order from Genesis to Revelation, and I did not notice anything about Jesus until I got to the New Testament. It was not until later that I read in a book written by a Pentecostal author that Jesus appears in every book in the Bible. So my point is that the belief that Jesus is in the Tanakh is a doctrine held by some Christians (including Pentecostals) and made up by them. Only a very small minority of Jews believe it, and they are Jews taught it by Christians.
Just ask if you need help. But I'll lead you, I want you to research it for yourself. This way you find the truth.
You're right! I have researched the Bible and found the truth about it.
Well, Soldier, shouldn't we learn from our past? Look up the Reformation, the ECF; St. Augustine, Anselm and others. Read both sides of the debate, and try to understand both sides then make a conclusion. Making one premature is flawed, right?​
I'm not sure what you're saying here. What debate are you referring to? "One premature" what?
Okay, share what you learned. Let's see, what you have come up with. And I'll share with you what I've learned.
LOL. You want me to share 40+ years of Bible study with you? Just let me say that the Bible is a relatively late document. We have myths and legends much older than it, and most of its authors are unknown. It's a very human set of books that are obviously human in origin.
Do you not see a problem here? Most if not all Jews today do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. But as I pointed out in my last post, the historical Jesus is in the Roman transcripts being charged with blasphemy and crucified. This is an outside source with no bias for either Jews or Christians.​
Anything mentioned about Jesus outside the Bible comes from sources dated long after his supposed day. As such, we cannot know if those sources are corroboration or are just repeating what Christians had said about Jesus.
Don't give up so easily, Tacitus's reference to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate is both authenic, and of historical value as an independent Roman source about early Christianity that is in unison with other historical records.
But I was referring to the deaths of the apostles and not Jesus.
Good, I am you are seeking the truth as I did and find it. Or should I say when I heard it when the Doctrines of Grace were preached to me. Well, when I was a Pentecostal it was a lot of trying to find a religious experience; speaking in tongues; being filled with the holy spirit which you engage in dancing or moving convulse way, falling to the ground, fainting etc. I found this very strange and uncomfortable. And if you didn't experience these things were not saved. Well, Soldier I never had these experiences no matter how hard I tried. I even faked them to see if that worked, it did not. I didn't feel like I belonged there.​
OK, but what makes any of that false? It comes out of the Bible--a book you say to believe.

Anyway, only some of the Pentecostals I knew were like that. What they based their beliefs on was the Day of Pentecost, and they referred to themselves as "the first-century church in the twentieth century" (that was in the 1980s). In any case, I suppose most Christians have good reason to distance themselves from the Pentecostals. They were so bent on making the miraculous real hat they ended up doing the opposite!
I beg to differ. There's a lot we can learn and there will be questions we will not find answers to. But the answers that God does reveal to us is more than sufficient. Everybody want to peek behind the curtain, but this is not possible. For example, for me I keep pondering upon how we can exist on a rock floating through nothingness. My limited perception boggles my mind; the rings of Saturn on how uniform they are. Or how DNA RNA replicates itself wrote a written code. This is the hidden face of God, which by the way is another excellent book to add to a library. This book is written by a Jewish scientist, go figure.
We obviously differ on what we see in the world. What I see is petty, insecure little people trying to survive in a harsh cosmos that will ultimately kill them. The world is often pretty and amazing, but it's awfully messy in many other ways. As far as any Gods are concerned, it's obvious that people made them up either to take advantage of others or to hope that those Gods would help them cheat death.
Good, may I ask you a question and be honest. What is the book of Zechariah about? And please do not goggle it or look it up.
It's been a long time since I've read Zechariah. Right off the top of my head, I recall it being an Old-Testament book of prophecy that's probably quoted in the New Testament.

In any case, it appears that you are taking care not to set the bar too low. You don't want me to demonstrate expertise on the Bible, now do you? ;)
Not as I remember it, it was more about self testimony and being spirit fill with religious experience of tongues, dancing with spirit, and laying of hands.
The Pentecostals are much more than that, of course. You appear to hold a stereotype of them. Only a minority of them are "holy rollers," and if any of them are, then their fellow Pentecostals may see them as strangely as you do.
I did not hear the Law & Gospel in relation to justification by faith alone being preached.
My pastor and I often discussed that issue. Like it or not, the Pentecostals are the closest sect we have to the early Christians.
Well, I agree to disagree, we need to hold criminals accountable for their actions, and not be easy on crime with a slap on the hand. Can we show mercy to them, sure, we can share the Law & Gospel with them, but they still need to serve their sentence for the crime they committed.​
I really don't see any sense in harming those who have harmed others. All you accomplish is adding more harm to the world. Perhaps that's why I'm not a Christian; I see nothing moral about punishment.

As far as you saying that thousands of Jews were crucified for claiming to be God, prove it. Show me these thousand of people.​
I'll show you those thousands when you show me the five hundred witnesses of the risen Jesus mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:6. Or do you only demand that kind of evidence from those you disagree with? ;)

If you did advocate the truth then you would be as Jesus said you would be...
If you understood the gospel you would be in Christ Jesus, You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
Remain in Me, and I in you.
For without Me [Jesus] you can do nothing. John 15:3-5
But we who has received from God His same mind and God Himself open-end in us who He is and all of His heaven in us are exactly as Jesus was in the Father.
For we can do all things through Christ's sufficiency; Phil 4:13

If you understood the gospel you would be in Christ Jesus, You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
I do understand Jesus gospel, but yours you have made up yourself. It is his that you do not know.
Remain in Me, and I in you.
First you have to get there before you can.
For without Me [Jesus] you can do nothing. John 15:3-5
Jesus said without his Father he could do noting, nor can I or nor can you. If Jesus couldn't do it without GHod what makes you think that you can?

All that you Arte doing is placing yourself over Jesus ands God, dictating to them who they are and what they can and cannot do. You are a god over them.

You just do not believe Jesus in what he says is all.

For we can do all things through Christ's sufficiency; Phil 4:13
Yes' only if you are of Christ, of Christos, to be Gods anointed yourself, Christ in you just as Jesus was anointed of God, His Christos.

Christos is not a man, Christos is Gods Spirit in man, man anointed of God. You are not anointed of God as Jesus was are you? You are of your own beliefs for a god.

I do understand Jesus gospel, but yours you have made up yourself. It is his that you do not know.
There is only one gospel.
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, to deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, Gal 1:3-4
First you have to get there before you can.
That is problematic for deceptive reprobates;
God made you alive in Christ Jesus, by grace you have been saved.

Back