What I went through because of Christianity.

Everyone has the capacity to believe the gospel. If God gives people faith to believe, then He gave it to everyone.

Calvinism isn't true.
True. All has faith but it is another matter to exercise it. Faith manifests that what once was not. Most cant even muster enough faith to even exercise the least of the gifts, let alone be saved, and heal the sick of mind for salvation to be in Gods same image of Spirit which is His salvation, is out of the question.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that he died for your (and my) sins and that God raised him from the dead, and you will be saved.
I'm not able to believe that Jesus died for my sins or that God raised him from the dead just because you say so. Do you believe all that just because somebody told you to believe it? Besides, I've testified from the OP that that is exactly how I got into trouble from the outset and almost died. Why would you tell me to go back to what was obviously such a danger to me?
No. But neither should you let what happened to you destroy your faith in God.
If it boils down to either my faith is destroyed or I am destroyed. I will choose to destroy everything I can to prevent it destroying me.

By the way, I've found a great video that documents the harm that can be done to innocent people by Christianity. It's called Robert Tilton + Jimmy Swaggart Exposed! Both Tilton and Swaggart used the Bible to dupe and harm people. For example, it profiles a sick and desperate woman who was deceived by Tilton to give him large sums of money. She wanted hope, and Tilton did not deliver.

In closing, I see the Christian faith-healing scam as an attack on the disabled. I'm hoping that the disabled and others rise up to put an end to that gross injustice.

I said WHERE THERE IS FAITH. Not your faith. The faith that God gives when he does something miraculous. Until he does that nothing out of the ordinary will happen. And he gives it as he sees fit, not you or me.
I've never seen any faith that results in miracles. I've never seen any miracles, for that matter! It looks like the miraculous only exists in the words of hucksters and in the hopes of the desperate.

Surely, sometimes it's the fault of the person...
Personally, I only can blame people who get duped by Christianity if they stubbornly and blindly believe it when the evidence is right under their noses that it's all bunk. So, for example, I think you are to blame for being duped by your religion. By contrast, I wised up once the evidence was available to me that I had been conned.
...but how did you get 'blame the sick person' out of ALL those things?
Theo has repeatedly attacked those sick and disabled persons--including myself--who have been victimized by Christian hucksters. Also, one faith healer, upon not being able to pray and heal me, immediately blamed me for the failure!

The Bible says so. Read, and have faith in, the Bible, God's heart to us.
Actually it is an instruction manual, law, schoolmaster, on how to have from God His same disposition of mind, Spirit and walk in it as He walks in it. it isn't just a story book for a good read, it is how to have Gods life of Love as your own life.

I'm not able to believe that Jesus died for my sins or that God raised him from the dead just because you say so. Do you believe all that just because somebody told you to believe it? Besides, I've testified from the OP that that is exactly how I got into trouble from the outset and almost died. Why would you tell me to go back to what was obviously such a danger to me?
He isn't going to understand that.
If it boils down to either my faith is destroyed or I am destroyed. I will choose to destroy everything I can to prevent it destroying me.

By the way, I've found a great video that documents the harm that can be done to innocent people by Christianity. It's called Robert Tilton + Jimmy Swaggart Exposed! Both Tilton and Swaggart used the Bible to dupe and harm people. For example, it profiles a sick and desperate woman who was deceived by Tilton to give him large sums of money. She wanted hope, and Tilton did not deliver.

Yes, and just as with Joel Osteen has duped so many people into giving to him and God will give you 100 fold has brought many into poverty. Some has even sold their houses and gave him the money with the promise God will increases their faith 100 fold. His net worth from them estimated at over $50 million.

In the mid to late seventies, I knew his dad John, he used to come to our church in Arlington Texas and preach and I played music with him. I knew Joel as a child and one of his sisters Lisa. I was duped into that same belief by him and some others such as Jessie Duplantis in which I played the bass with him on the piano. Gordon White, Kenneth Copeland, I use to go motorcycle riding with that group, and was captivated by their preaching just as you were until God woke me up. John taught his son how to be a good salesman using Christ as a means for advertisement for personal gain.

In closing, I see the Christian faith-healing scam as an attack on the disabled. I'm hoping that the disabled and others rise up to put an end to that gross injustice.
I see it more as using the scam as a means to dup the uneducated who look for the easy way out instead of putting their heads into God and ignorant of Gods same mind Himself as a easy means for enterprise. To me these no different from Jeff Warren or Jim jones, using the same tactics to get people to follow him instead of the ways of God. Oh Joel preaches a good pitch but only uses the Bible, God, and Jesus for self gain. And uses that example for wealth to show what God can do if you obey, LOL.

That is nearly every preachers dream.

How is it not to your blame that you believed a lie...
I'm glad you admit my being told that Jesus can heal me was a lie. In any case, most moral people don't judge those lied to as worthy of blame, but I understand why you are twisting that moral tenet to your advantage.

And if believing lies makes a person blameworthy, you are chief! You still believe the lies I wised up to and forsook, and you do so despite having far greater evidence than what was available to me at the time I was scammed.
...and left what you say was a genuine conversion experience in God?
I was genuine; the conversion turned out to be a mistake on my part.
No, really. No ones to blame but you for believing a false teaching...
That's not what the courts have ruled for other people. Some people who have been duped by Christians have won settlements in court against their deceivers. There are no laws against believing fraud, but fraud is illegal, of course. So unlike you, those courts knew who to blame.
...and then leaving what you say was a genuine conversion experience because of it. YOU did that. Not somebody else.
I never made false promises to myself. Those lies came from Christian missionaries.
Churches are failing because unbelievers have invaded it. They have brought the leaven of their teachings into the church and ruined the church as an organization.
One of those "invading unbelievers" is Robert Tilton. Tilton has defrauded many people using the Bible.
No one can ruin the true church, the body of genuine believers.
I think the Christian church is ruining itself. There's one sex/money scandal after another being reported in the media.
Just to be clear, I don't think you're going to get anyone here to agree with and endorse the perverted prosperity gospel you were exposed to.
That's crazy--why would I want anybody to endorse any "gospel"?
There is a prosperity gospel but it has been misrepresented by greedy people.
It has its roots in the Bible.

Allow me to finish by saying I saw a sad story today on YouTube. A lonely, desperate and sick elderly woman was convinced by the aforementioned Reverend Tilton to stop taking her medication believing that Jesus had healed her. She died as a result. Will you blame her, or will you blame Tilton and his preaching the gospel for her death?

I'm glad you admit my being told that Jesus can heal me was a lie. In any case, most moral people don't judge those lied to as worthy of blame, but I understand why you are twisting that moral tenet to your advantage.

And if believing lies makes a person blameworthy, you are chief! You still believe the lies I wised up to and forsook, and you do so despite having far greater evidence than what was available to me at the time I was scammed.

I was genuine; the conversion turned out to be a mistake on my part.

That's not what the courts have ruled for other people. Some people who have been duped by Christians have won settlements in court against their deceivers. There are no laws against believing fraud, but fraud is illegal, of course. So unlike you, those courts knew who to blame.

I never made false promises to myself. Those lies came from Christian missionaries.

One of those "invading unbelievers" is Robert Tilton. Tilton has defrauded many people using the Bible.

I think the Christian church is ruining itself. There's one sex/money scandal after another being reported in the media.

Allow me to finish by saying I saw a sad story today on YouTube. A lonely, desperate and sick elderly woman was convinced by the aforementioned Reverend Tilton to stop taking her medication believing that Jesus had healed her. She died as a result. Will you blame her, or will you blame Tilton and his preaching the gospel for her death?
You're not asked to believe in a corrupt church but in God. The two are not synonymous; and as no-one can credit that they are, the fault is all yours.

I'm glad you admit my being told that Jesus can heal me was a lie.
Well, stop being glad, because I'm saying Jesus can heal you. Whether or not he will heal you, and when, is the question.

You believed a perverted message about the healing power of Christ. And you're not not listening to all the possible reasons why you're not healed. You've already made up your mind that Christianity is fake. So it doesn't really matter at this point.

Nobody has proven that what I believe is a lie.

If you knew the Bible you'd know that no court with the full counsel of the scriptures could convict anybody of saying a person can be healed and then them not be healed.

I said that's because there are lots of believers in the church who have yet to be born again. They are 'water only' believers who have yet to be born of the Spirit. Presuming you were water baptized, that would be you. A water only believer who never received the Spirit of God in regeneration and salvation, but who just thinks they did. They have no power to continue to believe, or live for God. And so they make it look like Christianity failed when it is they that have failed Christianity.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is nobody here is going to defend the fake prosperity gospel by which you were duped. So if you're here to rile up us Christians in defense of that it won't work. Your unbelief and your attack on Christianity is way more of a concern to us than the fake prosperity gospel you got duped by.

Last edited:
Of course it does. I told you there is a real prosperity gospel. If you knew the scriptures you'd know that fakes pervert the truth. They masquerade as servants of the light. You got duped by one. But instead of searching out the real truth, you bailed out. You failed. The truth didn't fail you. Now you have nothing. At least if you were a Christian you could have God's comfort and peace through your trial.

Back