What I went through because of Christianity.

He insults me continuously also. I just ignore it.
That's your first mistake. Rather than ignore wrongdoing within your ranks, you need to tell the perpetrators to shape up or ship out.
I think Jesus was referring to any sin we ourselves have committed and have been forgiven when he said "do not judge" (i.e. don't purport to fix or enforce a penalty for a sin you were once guilty of). Even if we have repented of certain sins, given them up for good, it's best that we refrain from this (cf. parable in Mat 18:21) otherwise we might be called upon to pay the same penalty.
The passage is simply written poorly. It should never have started out "Do not judge..." only to say judging is OK in some cases. The Bible writers were fair writers at best, and their limited communication skills have led to so much confusion.
E.g. Luke 14:33 "Everyone who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple" is always difficult to apply for someone living in a pagan community in an industrial society.
It's difficult to apply because it contradicts the selfishness of human nature, something Jesus evidently didn't understand well.
Don't forget the bible was written in the context of the pre-industrial theocracy that was Israel, and not for those living in pagan communities in industrial societies 2000 years later. Israel was nothing like today's society: its belief systems likewise.
Right, and that's why the Bible is irrelevant to modern people.
Also bible translations are error prone and have mistakes (i.e. as made by the translators themselves). This creates further complexities.
Yes. A perfect God would know better than to subject what he says to language translation, but people have no choice. It's logical, then, to conclude that the Bible is a purely human document.
Miraculous healing is not unreal, but it isn't for those without faith; and may be you don't understand what faith means. It's not just holding an opinion. It's being convinced something is true.
I'm sure you have your own personal view on what faith is, but as far as I can tell, whatever faith you may have, there's nothing miraculous about it. You have no more miracles than I do, and I don't have any.
Israel was a theocracy established under the laws of God. The presence of faith was commonplace. John the Baptist had baptized many. Jesus was sent to a society that morally and spiritually speaking was rather more elevated than the democratic cesspits of the modern era. That is why he was able to work miracles.
I'm not sure how that explains Jesus not baptizing anybody, but the superstitious people of Jesus's culture would have had more people willing to believe he was a miracle worker which explains the miracle stories about him.
May be God was looking at you and saying, "you're doing the right things but you're still not trusting me enough." Religion for a lot of people is to be involved with other people, but not with God himself. If you've had second thoughts about faith, it does tend to suggest this might be the synopsis, and that you need to search the deeper things of God.
That's ridiculous. If God wants us to trust him, then he wouldn't be so stupid as to fail to give us reasons to trust him! I think he'd understand that if he wants us to believe in his miracles, the he should go ahead and work them.

And how do you explain your own lack of miracles?
Because I can tell you're still very immature. You're like someone who buys an expensive car, cannot get it to start, and then junks it as no good, when all it needed was a tank of gas or a new battery. There are still many things you don't know, and you will only know by persevering in obedience.
Uh--I did check the "gas and the battery." I checked the whole damn car. It was a piece of junk that would never start.
God isn't responsible for sins. His purpose is to create disciples. As long as disciples are still being created, God's purposes are being fulfilled.
You mean God created Theo? Maybe God want us to doubt him.
I don't believe you. There are many miraculous healings all the time.
You don't have any miracles.
The christian religion started with Adam and Eve, who were the progenitors of the lifelong man-wife concept, and they were followed by Sumerian religion mentioned in the book of Genesis. From these came Abraham the Amorite, and Moses and the Jews. God always preserved a line of those who were reconciled to God from Adam.
Those stories are all myth having never happened.
Outside of this lineage of the godly, anything went. Nature religion was one of the earliest abberations and cropped up everywhere, and reflects the natural state of man, which is brutal and savage. Actually to some extent apostasy from Christianity has led to a reversion back towards nature religion, but it doesn't do anyone any good. There's a lot of very unhappy nature worshippers around, I seriously don't recommend it.
That's no problem. I don't worship anything.
With the evolution of civiliation came the evolution of religion. The religion of Jesus is the most exalted, the most sublime, of all.
If you like corruption and danger, then it's for you!
So you've no faith at all, and you criticize God for not healing you?
LOL--A God you made up can't heal anybody.
Well there's the reason. But you won't find any other religion like Christianity on the earth's surface. There are no comparators, unless you want to submit to a legalistic cult.
If I was forced to join a religion, I suppose I'd take Unitarian Universalism.
I disagree that Christianity is a dangerous superstition. Rather there are many dangerous people that pretend to be Christians.
Such people do tend to be attracted to Christ. Maybe it's all that talk about burning people that sells to those who want to burn people.

I agree there is healing in the mind. There is also healing in the body. The lady I was speaking with wanted both, which is only natural.
yes it is I agree.
She did not refuse any medical help. The issue is in having faith in God healing something that cannot be biologically healed.
Oh I was under the impression she was denying medical attention. Forgive me for my error.

Yes, our mind should be able to assess reality accurately. Some things have a biological pathway for healing and so can be healed - however improbable, such as healing leprosy or cancer. We call these highly improbable, rarely seen cures and recoveries miracles, and many have been recorded. Other things have no biological pathway, such as growing a new foot.
Yes I agree. My daughter had breast cancer, and instead of going though all the chemotherapy, and stuff the doctors wanted to treat her with, she opted out and did some studies, changed her diet and way of living, and has been cancer free for 12 years. She became a dertified holistic cancer coach helping people with these mental setbacks that cancer can bring one down to and lifts them up and gets their mind in the correct positive outlook, and has seen tremendous results just from getting people to renew their mind to the positive and live a full and happy life instead of one of fear and drudgery. And in that the body responds dramatically.

Thank you for not attacking me as most here would, I just misunderstood the intent of your post. It is noice to be able to carry on a civil conversations without all the judgments and accusations.

Yes I agree. My daughter had breast cancer, and instead of going though all the chemotherapy, and stuff the doctors wanted to treat her with, she opted out and did some studies, changed her diet and way of living, and has been cancer free for 12 years. She became a dertified holistic cancer coach helping people with these mental setbacks that cancer can bring one down to and lifts them up and gets their mind in the correct positive outlook, and has seen tremendous results just from getting people to renew their mind to the positive and live a full and happy life instead of one of fear and drudgery. And in that the body responds dramatically.
That is an excellent example of a miracle. Faith, hope, renewal of the mind, optimism, within what is biologically possible. Your immune system has natural killer (NK) cells that hunt down and kill cancer cells. (I imagine she did keep follow up visits to make sure she was improving, because the medicines can lend support when help is needed). The largest study on "spontaneous remission" of cancer showed that it occurs especially in people who have a total change of their lives, with change in career or location and a new reason to live.
Thank you for not attacking me as most here would, I just misunderstood the intent of your post. It is nice to be able to carry on a civil conversations without all the judgments and accusations.
You're welcome, Gary. God bless.

Some things you do have to have the aid of the Spirit to understand:
Frankly, it looks like you'll need more than "the Spirit" to understand the Bible. I just got done detailing how you're getting it wrong. Your asserting you understand the Bible means nothing when you demonstrate ignorance about it.
1 Corinthians 2:14
14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Christians have never demonstrated that they have any special understanding of the Bible, so they're as "natural" as anybody else.
But what it is about the plain scriptures that were shared with you that you can not understand?:
Like everybody else, the Book of Revelation for me reads like an addict's acid trip. It looks like it's deliberately meant to confuse people. If it does have any meaning, then it appears to be coded language meant to denigrate the hated Romans. Nobody really knows for sure.

Other parts of the Bible are hopelessly ambiguous. When we read Luke 23:34: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..." we don't know who "they" are.

So you've evidently missed these problems with the Bible that I've noticed.
---------------

That's where the aid of the Spirit comes in. Truthfully, the Bible is really a book for believers who have the Spirit, not unbelievers who don't have the Spirit, and for the very reason that they do have the Spirit.
In other words, you're saying that people need to be predisposed to believe the Bible in order to believe it. Those of us who can think critically need not apply. I should point out that I started out reading the Bible as a believer. That didn't work out.
But surely it is useful to a degree to unbelievers. The Bible is how we are able to show you, an unbeliever without the Spirit, the error of the false doctrine that led you away from God. The scriptures we shared are easy to understand. And ones you can check out for yourself, which you should do.
And now that I've taken your advice having read the Bible and end up not believing it you get up on your roost crowing how masterful your knowledge of it is and how inferior my knowledge is. All that wouldn't be so bad if you could actually demonstrate your claimed knowledge.
The Bible is the most useful source to understand that which crosses all races, religions, and cultures - the nature of man himself. If you can understand human nature you can understand the secret to life.
But what do you actually understand? You conflate belief with understanding. I can believe in Bigfoot, but that' not my understanding Bigfoot.
I said people who let preachers and teachers spoon feed them, meaning they DON'T read the Bible for themselves.
But in most cases they do read the Bible and see that the preacher is getting the Bible right. That's what happened to me.
You must attend some kind of non-denominational church then. That's the only place that I know where you'll find "most" people who actually read the Bible on their own time. Of course, there are some in the mainline denominations, but they are rare exceptions. That's a big reason why I won't attend a mainline denominational church ever again.
No thank you! I'd be a dog returning to its vomit. Life is much better for me without religion.
I did not characterize them as stupid. Foolish, perhaps. For it is foolish to only go by what someone tells you the Bible says instead of checking it out for yourself, too.
I have read the Bible not to mention books about the Bible as well as spending six years in college earning two degrees and a 4.0 GPA. So yes, it would be foolish for me to go by what you tell me the Bible says.
Yes, it is the enemy who led you astray, not the word of God. The same enemy who led Eve astray with his misuse of the word of God.
I don't believe in the enemy, Eve, or God.
But anyway, as far as the word of God is concerned, not everybody believes the message about righteousness. The same sun that makes some clay soft makes other clay hard. But that's what this life is all about. God is seeing who will love righteousness and become soft and pliable in his hands as a servant of righteousness, and who will not. The former will inherit the kingdom to come at the resurrection. The latter will not.
I'm as righteous as they get. I started this thread to defend the lives of innocents from your religion while you've fought my effort.

That is an excellent example of a miracle. Faith, hope, renewal of the mind, optimism, within what is biologically possible. Your immune system has natural killer (NK) cells that hunt down and kill cancer cells. (I imagine she did keep follow up visits to make sure she was improving, because the medicines can lend support when help is needed). The largest study on "spontaneous remission" of cancer showed that it occurs especially in people who have a total change of their lives, with change in career or location and a new reason to live.
Yes she has regular check ups. She and her husband are over in Rome and Italy right now just enjoying life. But when she found out that she had cancer, she was just like everyone else in a panic. She even got mad at me because I would not feel sorry for her LOL because I knew she was stronger than that and would overcome her fears and she did now she is a leader in the field. Her web is any stage cancer, I believe that is what it is, Leslie Nance. She has a lot of clients.
You're welcome, Gary. God bless.
Same to you have a great evening.

That's your first mistake. Rather than ignore wrongdoing within your ranks, you need to tell the perpetrators to shape up or ship out.
Other posters on this forum are not "within my ranks." That is your fancy. And I don't have any authority on this forum to engage in that kind of exchange.

The passage is simply written poorly. It should never have started out "Do not judge..." only to say judging is OK in some cases. The Bible writers were fair writers at best, and their limited communication skills have led to so much confusion.
Don't forget the vocabulary of the koine Greek language was far more limited than English, which has one of the largest vocabularies in the world. The Oxford Dictionary says it’s quite probable that English has more words than most comparable world languages. One can't critique them for their limited vocabulary. Yet the intention in the words here is clear enough.
It's difficult to apply because it contradicts the selfishness of human nature, something Jesus evidently didn't understand well.
Luke 14:33 is also very difficult to apply in substantially pagan countries that have many corrupt churches, which creates a lack of bona fide recipients. There is nothing in scripture that says pagans or heretical Christians are worthy recipients of the wealth of Christians (not that I am wealthy). Pagans is what most charities exist for. So a deeper meaning has to be found: probably to do with putting one's assets at God's disposal, whenever he should require them.

Right, and that's why the Bible is irrelevant to modern people.
The bible remains relevant, as Jesus's principles can be reapplied in pagan societies, per the teachings of the apostle Paul, God's apostle to the Gentiles.

Yes. A perfect God would know better than to subject what he says to language translation, but people have no choice. It's logical, then, to conclude that the Bible is a purely human document.
A human document can still be God-breathed.

I'm sure you have your own personal view on what faith is, but as far as I can tell, whatever faith you may have, there's nothing miraculous about it. You have no more miracles than I do, and I don't have any.
As you know nothing about me, you're not qualified to comment about me. But elsewhere are many reports of miraculous happenings which you choose to ignore.

I'm not sure how that explains Jesus not baptizing anybody, but the superstitious people of Jesus's culture would have had more people willing to believe he was a miracle worker which explains the miracle stories about him.
Most people can discern a genuine miracle. The sorts of things Jesus was doing were beyond controversy. You've no basis in fact for controverting them.

In fact you seem to be turning into something of a grumbler or fault finder, which spiritually speaking, is a very dangerous place to be.

That's ridiculous. If God wants us to trust him, then he wouldn't be so stupid as to fail to give us reasons to trust him! I think he'd understand that if he wants us to believe in his miracles, the he should go ahead and work them.
You know why you should trust God: i.e. the adverse consequences of forsaking God, which are guaranteed.

And how do you explain your own lack of miracles?
I have been healed of various afflictions since becoming a Christian. I have been preserved from serious harm in some accidents. I reject yout continual denial of God's healing. But healing requires faith, and if you have none, which you clearly don't, you won't be healed that way.

Uh--I did check the "gas and the battery." I checked the whole damn car. It was a piece of junk that would never start.
No. You fell in with the wrong crowd, as I did for much of my youth. It was all so much superficiality for so long. You need to junk what is superficial and get to the meat. But I also have to say, I find your own cynicism deeply disturbing. You seem to have fallen in with an even worse crowd since you left the church.

You mean God created Theo? Maybe God want us to doubt him.
???? Everyone has their own gifts, their own special areas of interest.

You don't have any miracles.
It's God who works miracles. People are only the instruments. God doesn't work miracles through everyone.

Those stories are all myth having never happened.
I think they are not myth. There is a correlation between the names of ancient Sumerian cities and the names of the descendants of Adam.

That's no problem. I don't worship anything.
We know.

If you like corruption and danger, then it's for you!
I select very carefully who I read, and engage with. Unfortunately when you are a novice, you plunge in thinking that everything you come across is the real deal. It's not. Keep looking. I fear you have given up.

LOL--A God you made up can't heal anybody.
God does heal many people of all kinds of things all the time.

If I was forced to join a religion, I suppose I'd take Unitarian Universalism.
You clearly have a problem with the teachings of Jesus. If I were you I would focus on those, especially the gospel of John.

Such people do tend to be attracted to Christ. Maybe it's all that talk about burning people that sells to those who want to burn people.
I can sympathize with your inability to find people in this age, to meet your spiritual needs, but all I can say is that there are plenty of good books that might help you understand things more than people. Christianity contains a steep learning curve for people only used to mordern semi-pagan societies and you should be prepared to read up things for yourself, which it sounds like you've never done.

I was badly injured in an accident in 1977 when I was fifteen years old. About ten years later I got involved with some Pentecostal Christians who told me that God could heal my injuries and restore me to fitness. I believed them, and I read the Bible believing what it says about God, Christ, faith, prayer, and everything else. The promised miracles of healing and restoration never arrived. And the money I sent out to preachers like Oral Roberts never came back. If all that wasn't bad enough, I was ridiculed by both believers and unbelievers alike for believing what the preachers and the Bible says. About a year or two later I attempted suicide.

So whether you realize it or not you are hurting people when you espouse what the Bible says. You are hurting them badly, and some of those people die.

So what I would recommend to avoid these kinds of tragedies is keep your Christian beliefs to yourselves. Or if you do discuss those beliefs, then explain that they are your own personal beliefs that you cannot assure are good or true.

In other words, tell the truth.
The idea NOTHING woke up, fixed some coffee, and THEN proceeded to create everything else is also a spectacular FAITH.

And your BELIEF of what to share or not......remains a belief of your own current "religion".

I was "athiest" back when it wasn't hip. We were the underdogs. PEOPLE do good and evil, You can find bad folks in all groups, peoples, races, genders, religions. Christianity goes away, world won't be a better place.

We are atoms and molecules. INDESTRUCTIBLE, cannot be created or destroyed. So at least on default kind of immortals. or maybe you have to have the exact makeup of material in the exact combinations. Its like Flipping a coin and getting heads a million times is impossible, but in an infinity of time......its inevitable. Exponentially huge possibility this ain't even our first time around.

You pick up wisdom, You know folks push a spiritual terrorism for their beliefs. I needed empirical proof and data. SCIENCE. Then you find out all your senses are faith based in the sense you never experience direct realism, We get a brain signal from eyes ears skin etc. The senses require trust(faith). My eyes say there is a bottle in front of me, I have to take my eyes word for it. So you start searching for what is MOST CERTAIN like self awareness, and careful study might show that even that does not exist. Point be the "TRUTH". Is what you are most certain of all things TRUE? Like I've never woke up and thought.....am I a cow or a comet? You know certainly you are you. So when we look at the "attributes" of something we are MOST CERTAIN of being true. That ought to earn a pretty conservative template to what TRUTH looks like. It cannot be seen, touch, heard. Like I can't prove "YOU" exists as in the self-aware pilot of your molecule and atom built brain. And then you have to deal with the distortion we create of reality. For example If I had complete control of my brain, I could stop thinking. We dont' so either humans are crazy, under control, or just ignorant.

Plenty of us got a internal monologue of whats happening. As if we have to let ourselves know. Pretty much all world religions are geared towards a more harmonic attitude towards existence rather then our instinctually fearful and combative approach. If you use a microscope it might not do so well if the lens are dirty, Same goes for our senses and how we perceive reality. So if we have a distorted perception then the whole thing is messed up.

There is a difference between what Jesus taught vs. What folks teach ABOUT Jesus. Most of the teachings are geared toward clarity.

22“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then, if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. So if the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Jesus never said hey grovel at my feet and i'll give you the kingdom, (The devil actually gives that offer and folks attribute it to jesus). If you focus on what Jesus taught, heaven forbid if anyone took his actual advice. Even if I had undeniable proof Jesus is not real, His advice i still on the money, its still very useful. What is NOT useful is those inquisitors who get their kicks theatening folks with damnation etc.

If you move a dummy from one religion to another, he's still a dummy.

We are no longer naïve but would it be wise to absolutely believe it so? Everyone goes from one belief to another. The religions is not the problem, its the folks in it.

Frankly, it looks like you'll need more than "the Spirit" to understand the Bible.
You've never had the Spirit to know this. So how do you know this?

I just got done detailing how you're getting it wrong. Your asserting you understand the Bible means nothing when you demonstrate ignorance about it.
How did t his go from you being ignorant of the Bible to me being ignorant of the Bible? I'm not the one that was deceived by ignorance of what the Bible actually says about getting rich through the gospel. You were.

Like everybody else, the Book of Revelation for me reads like an addict's acid trip. It looks like it's deliberately meant to confuse people. If it does have any meaning, then it appears to be coded language meant to denigrate the hated Romans. Nobody really knows for sure.
We know what the symbols are as they are revealed in history. For example, it looks like the end-time beast system is Marxist Communism. You'll love it, lol.

Other parts of the Bible are hopelessly ambiguous. When we read Luke 23:34: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do..." we don't know who "they" are.

So you've evidently missed these problems with the Bible that I've noticed.
Gee, that's a toughee. It couldn't possibly be those who are crucifying him, right?

He's acting in his role as High Priest who would offer up the prescribed sacrifice to God and obtain forgiveness on behalf of the people. If you would just take the time to read and know your Bible you'd see this fulfilling of the role of High Priest and Sacrifice on the cross. He's offering himself up in sacrifice for the forgiveness of mankind.

In other words, you're saying that people need to be predisposed to believe the Bible in order to believe it.
The Spirit is the only predisposition you need to read and understand the Bible. But there is actually a grain of truth to the idea of 'predisposition'. Some people are predisposed by virtue of who and what they are as a person to simply not be interested in the truth about righteousness. So I'll give you credit for understanding that much.

Those of us who can think critically need not apply. I should point out that I started out reading the Bible as a believer. That didn't work out.
The problem is you were never saved. You came to the Lord for the wrong reason(s). If you had come to him for the forgiveness of your sin you would have come to him for the right reason and received salvation and the indwelling Holy Spirit. But as it is, you came to him for carnal reasons. Not making light of your plight. Suffering isn't fun. Nobody likes it, or volunteers for it. But at least in Christ you'd have a measure of joy and comfort in your suffering.

Other posters on this forum are not "within my ranks." That is your fancy. And I don't have any authority on this forum to engage in that kind of exchange.
You need to reign in other Christians when they get out of line. To do nothing about evil is an evil in its own right.
Don't forget the vocabulary of the koine Greek language was far more limited than English, which has one of the largest vocabularies in the world. The Oxford Dictionary says it’s quite probable that English has more words than most comparable world languages. One can't critique them for their limited vocabulary. Yet the intention in the words here is clear enough.
But to start out "do not judge" isn't a matter of having limited vocabulary but results from poor writing skill. Such poor writing reveals the human origin of scripture. People communicate imperfectly, but a real God must speak flawlessly.
So a deeper meaning has to be found: probably to do with putting one's assets at God's disposal, whenever he should require them.
LOL--People need assets, not a God. Again, the human basis of religion is revealed.
The bible remains relevant, as Jesus's principles can be reapplied in pagan societies, per the teachings of the apostle Paul, God's apostle to the Gentiles.
Very few Christians apply what Jesus and Paul taught about about morality. They would be foolish if they did.
A human document can still be God-breathed.
Why would God rely on "middle men" to let others know what he wants? It opens us to being deceived by false prophets. If God can speak directly to a few people, then he can speak directly to all of us.
As you know nothing about me, you're not qualified to comment about me.
I know that nobody has any real miracles. That includes you.
But elsewhere are many reports of miraculous happenings which you choose to ignore.
I've investigated many miracles. I know of no genuine cases of miracles.
Most people can discern a genuine miracle.
I'm not so sure about the percentages of people who are fooled by fake miracles, but it's only necessary to fool enough people. I used to be in that "enough" category. Now I'm no longer a believer, and I love it!
The sorts of things Jesus was doing were beyond controversy. You've no basis in fact for controverting them.
Sorry, I don't believe any of those miracles ever happened.
In fact you seem to be turning into something of a grumbler or fault finder, which spiritually speaking, is a very dangerous place to be.
As I said in the OP, believing in miracles can hurt people and even kill them. The danger is your own.
You know why you should trust God: i.e. the adverse consequences of forsaking God, which are guaranteed.
I will do that if he ever shows up. In the meantime, I will be wary of the crafty people who claim to speak for him.
I have been healed of various afflictions since becoming a Christian. I have been preserved from serious harm in some accidents. I reject yout continual denial of God's healing. But healing requires faith, and if you have none, which you clearly don't, you won't be healed that way.
But that's so illogical. If God refuses to heal people, then they'll end up even more skeptical. Do you actually think about what you're saying?

But you've never had any miraculous healing.
No. You fell in with the wrong crowd, as I did for much of my youth. It was all so much superficiality for so long. You need to junk what is superficial and get to the meat. But I also have to say, I find your own cynicism deeply disturbing. You seem to have fallen in with an even worse crowd since you left the church.
I don't have a crowd. I think for myself.
God does heal many people of all kinds of things all the time.
I'll believe it when I see it.
You clearly have a problem with the teachings of Jesus. If I were you I would focus on those, especially the gospel of John.
I've read it. What about it?
I can sympathize with your inability to find people in this age, to meet your spiritual needs, but all I can say is that there are plenty of good books that might help you understand things more than people. Christianity contains a steep learning curve for people only used to mordern semi-pagan societies and you should be prepared to read up things for yourself, which it sounds like you've never done.
I've read more books written by Christians than I can remember. The only thing miraculous about them is that anybody believes them.

I'm as righteous as they get. I started this thread to defend the lives of innocents from your religion while you've fought my effort.
Yeah, but your righteousness is not good enough. Nobody's is. You will not inherit the kingdom on your righteousness. Nobody does. Only those who know this and can admit it and fall on God's mercy will be saved.

I have read the Bible not to mention books about the Bible as well as spending six years in college earning two degrees and a 4.0 GPA. So yes, it would be foolish for me to go by what you tell me the Bible says.
Yes, check it out for yourself. Don't rely solely on what Robert Tilton or anyone else says it says and means. Do your own investigation. But I know you won't because you know enough about Christianity to know you're not interested in realizing you need God.

No thank you! I'd be a dog returning to its vomit. Life is much better for me without religion.
Now you're doing what the false teachers you accuse are doing. You're misusing that scripture. You already are the dog returning to its vomit. You were that when you left what you knew about the way of righteousness. You don't become that by coming back to the way of righteousness that you rejected.

But in most cases they do read the Bible and see that the preacher is getting the Bible right. That's what happened to me.
But the teacher you listened to didn't get the Bible right. We showed you that. So how can you say he got it right when we showed you that he did not?

But what do you actually understand?
I understand that people by nature are adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, liars, evnvious, greedy, full of lust, hateful, etc. Until you understand that you will just be another cog in this destructive, meaningless life and you will never be happy.

You conflate belief with understanding. I can believe in Bigfoot, but that' not my understanding Bigfoot.
No, I know the difference simply understanding something and actually believing and trusting in what you understand. You think you understand Christianity and the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to some extent you do, but you don't trust in it. And because you don't trust in it you will have nothing to protect you through the coming judgment. We believe in the forgiveness of God in Christ. That is our protection for the coming storm of judgment. We will pass through safely. You will not because you do not trust in that which would protect you through it. But you are welcome to put your trust in it, too. But I know you won't because righteousness and the kingdom to come is not where your interests lie.

Last edited:
And now that I've taken your advice having read the Bible and end up not believing it you get up on your roost crowing how masterful your knowledge of it is and how inferior my knowledge is.
I have the Spirit. How can I not have a better knowledge and understanding of that which is made fully known by way of the Spirit? That's no boast of mine. God does that for his children.

All that wouldn't be so bad if you could actually demonstrate your claimed knowledge.
Did we not show you the additional teaching of the Bible that you did not know about the real prosperity gospel?

RULE #1-->IT must be FOUND in the bible to be a legitimate rule .

RULE#2-->Don't ask WHERE RULE #1 is in the bible.

Back