What is "freewill"?

True ......

But should he have had to have done such?
He was the most righteous man in the Land, so probably it was a good idea...

But why would he have to make that Covenant if his Will was Free from Lust?

Last edited:
He was the most righteous man in the Land, so probably it was a good idea...

But why would he have to make that Covenant if his Will was Free from Lust?

Already answered.

Post 180.

Why did you double down on that?

Job had a lust issue that was not necarrily his.

So he looked away.

Again, not sure why you doubled down on that.

Lust is a spiritual issue ....

Looking for a fight?

Last edited:
Already answered.

Post 180.

Why are you doubling down on that?
Because of my Gospel Tract. It used the Ten Commandments and our Inability to Keep them to show we do not have Free Will. I'm not going to press you for an answer, but I think that at heart you know your head turns when a PYT passes by...

But never Mind; it's 5 O' Clock somewhere...

Because of my Gospel Tract. It used the Ten Commandments and our Inability to Keep them to show we do not have Free Will. I'm not going to press you for an answer, but I think that at heart you know your head turns when a PYT passes by...

But never Mind; it's 5 O' Clock somewhere...

and as Paul said, when the commandement came, it lead to sin.

Are you a lusty salesman?

Like I was saying, and you as well, JOB did not like the lust.

So he turned away.

IMO, he was dealing with something that was NOT him.

HE DID NOT LIKE IT.

and as Paul said, when the commandement came, it lead to sin.

Are you a lusty salesman?

Like I was saying, and you as well, JOB did not like the lust.

So he turned away.

IMO, he was dealing with something that was NOT him.

HE DID NOT LIKE IT.
Yes we can hate sin and like doing good .

What about this scripture, from Paul.

Everything is permissable, but not all things are beneficial?

What about it?

If you think this allows for God and His children denying and contradicting Him, then make your case.

That was what I was saying; you said.

If you did not want to answer my post .....

Maybe not answer my post.

Instead of this round and round.

Not answering.

"Not answering\" what?

I am not defining God's Will as the ability to deny or contradict Himself. That definition is a human construct that doesn't exist in reality, because God is unable to deny or contradict Himself in reality.
So, I would define God's will as 'Free Will' and the inability to deny or contradict Himself because of His omniscience. And we as believers are only able to possess 'Free Will' when we acquire His 'Will' through believing in accordance in and with Him. And it is only the truth that can give us real freedom.
This is a little difficult to understand. I think you are saying that the only human who have a free will are believers who line up their will with God's will by believing in agreement in and with him. IOW, no one has a true free will except God. Even if we align our will with God's will, that still, in my opinion, isn't free. A free will means we can make a choice of our own volition.
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32)
Free from sin? or free from the lies that they were believing? Why do you think these verse have anything to do with the will?
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
What does that have to do with humans being given a free will by to God to choose this way or that way?

"Not answering\" what?

This scripture, from Paul.

Post 192, pointed it out as well.

Your non response response, was a bit of a head scratcher.

Or put another way ..... never mind.

Last edited:
This scripture, from Paul.

Post 192, pointed it out as well.

Your non response response, was a bit of a head scratcher.

Or put another way ..... never mind.

I did respond, you just ignored what I said.
Here it is again; 'If you think this allows for God and His children denying and contradicting Him, then make your case', because I don't see how that verse pertains to God allowing for Him and His children denying and contradicting Him.
So, if you think it does, then 'make your case'.

I did respond, you just ignored what I said.
Here it is again; 'If you think this allows for God and His children denying and contradicting Him, then make your case', because I don't see how that verse pertains to God allowing for Him and His children denying and contradicting Him.
So, if you think it does, then 'make your case'.

Never mind.

This is a little difficult to understand. I think you are saying that the only human who have a free will are believers who line up their will with God's will by believing in agreement in and with him. IOW, no one has a true free will except God.

Yes, that's correct.

Even if we align our will with God's will, that still, in my opinion, isn't free. A free will means we can make a choice of our own volition.

It doesn't matter what a unbeliever's opinion is when it contradicts the Bible and what God has for believers; if you believe we are to believe and follow His will then you are a believer and His child. But if you disbelieve that you are to believe and follow His will; then you are unbeliever. God is quite clear in the Bible that believers are to seek and follow His will and not anyone else's. Or IOW make God's will our own, through believing in accordance with Him.

And the definition you are using for "free will" doesn't denote any kind of freedom that the Bible propagates, rather it denotes rebellion and slavery to sin, because having the ability to choose one's own destruction by opposing God isn't any kind of "freedom" anyone should want to partake.

Free from sin? or free from the lies that they were believing? Why do you think these verse have anything to do with the will?

I think that your definition of "free will" = "free from the" truth "that they" are disbelieving is more fitting.

And 'freedom from sin' comes from believing in accordance with Him, as the Bible says; “If you abide in my word (through believing as he does), you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” That's the Biblical definition of freedom.

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32)

What does that have to do with humans being given a free will by to God to choose this way or that way?

The Bible tells us what it is to have free will and that occurs when we believe as He does and adopt His will rather than following in the footsteps of unbelievers. So, as believers we can discount what unbelievers think "free will" is.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

Back