What is "freewill"?

Then how can God make man is His own "image" and after his "own likeness" and not give/grant man "free will"?

"Free will" is having the innate ability to choose for one's self.

Because it's God's Will and not ours. And believers are just along for the ride, but Dad is still driving. ;)

Why do you think the Lord's Prayer says His will be done and not ours?

Because we can have our will.......

You didn't think that through did you?

Strawman. Actually I did. Oh you "can have" your "will" alright, but you can't follow yours and His at the same time.
If we are to in fact to believe in accordance with what He believes or in His Will, then that's believers believing in His Will and not our own. As if His Will originates in and with Him, then we believing as He does just makes us believing in accordance with Him, but it is still His Will and not ours.

I believe that "free will" only exists in God and salvation is a sovereign act of God, that starts in Him and ends in the believer believing according to His Will, making His Will ours too.

This is the best distinguishing definition of what “freewill” that I have found…

I didn't say you could.

Sure you did.

Because we can have our will.......

But you can't follow His when you're following your own.

"Hocus Pocus" nonsense. We have our own will and way.

Sure you can have your "will and way". But you can't be a believer (and have God's will) and and have your "own will and way" at the same time.

We pray to know His will so we "might" do His will and not our own.

Why don't you just read and reason for comprehension instead?

If we are to in fact to believe in accordance with what He believes or in His Will, then that's believers believing in His Will and not our own. As if His Will originates in and with Him, then we believing as He does just makes us believing in accordance with Him having His will and not our own. But it is still His Will and not ours.

So Peter wasn't a believer? I seem to recall Peter denying Christ several times.

Strawman. And I can recall Christ telling Peter that he would deny him three times before the next day, it's hard to deny the Will of God. Or as Christ put it; "It is hard for you to kick against the goads."

And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the [a]Hebrew dialect, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ (Acts 26:14)

This is the best distinguishing definition of what “freewill” that I have found…

I believe that the truth, morality, consciousness, existence, belief and reality originates in the mind of God. And God uses His and our believing in accordance with Him to reveal His Kingdom to believers.

I believe that "free will" only exists in God and salvation is a sovereign act of God, that starts in Him and ends in the believer believing according to His Will, making His Will ours too.
How does God have free will? Can He go against what He has already established?

I believe that the truth, morality, consciousness, existence, belief and reality originates in the mind of God.

I agree that nothing came into existence apart from God... therefore all things that exist, or will ever exist, originated in the mind of God.

And God uses His and our believing in accordance with Him to reveal His Kingdom to believers.

...And this ? is gibberish to me...

God provides clarification, but He can't contradict Himself.

Do you think unbelief exists in reality? Or do you think God disbelieves?

I agree that nothing came into existence apart from God... therefore all things that exist, or will ever exist, originated in the mind of God.

Agreed.

...And this ? is gibberish to me...

If you believe "all things that exist, or will ever exist, originated in the mind of God" and belief exists, then where do you believe belief originated?

God can't go against His own will, as that's what makes His will free, because He can't contradict Himself. That's the consequences of being omniscient.

There is no “will” in existence that is “free” from God, and that includes God’s “will”.

If "there is no will in existence that is free from God", including "God’s will”, then only God's will is free. God is the only One capable of possessing a free will, as He is the only One capable of knowing what freedom is and means. We can attribute that up to His omniscience.

Last edited:
Back