What is "freewill"?

Because it's God's Will and not ours. And believers are just along for the ride, but Dad is still driving. ;)

Why do you think the Lord's Prayer says His will be done and not ours?
Jesus prays that God's will be done because we have wills that we can follow, so we need to use that will to submit ourselves to His will

Jesus prays that God's will be done because we have wills that we can follow, so we need to use that will to submit ourselves to His will
The will that fails:
23 Then turning to the disciples he said privately, Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The will that fails:
23 Then turning to the disciples he said privately, Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
The implication is clear they believed - there is nothing in the passage that states their will failed

So because God can't lie does not mean he lacks free will

Your theology is an illusion
Hes not free to choose to lie right?

Is a choice known for certain from all eternity actually a choice when it is made? How can you choose otherwise if it foreknowledge for certain? This is probly way above your pay grade but I will give it a whirl for entertainment purposes.

Hes not free to choose to lie right?

Is a choice known for certain from all eternity actually a choice when it is made? How can you choose otherwise if it foreknowledge for certain? This is probly way above your pay grade but I will give it a whirl for entertainment purposes.
Yes it is

Foreknowledge is not determination

Foreknowledge is certain in God's case

but it is not necessity

That is probably above your understanding but there it is

Yes it is

Foreknowledge is not determination

Foreknowledge is certain in God's case

but it is not necessity

That is probably above your understanding but there it is
You did not answer my question. If a choice is foreknowledge FOR CERTAIN can you choose otherwise at the moment of the choice. Try to actually address my question and quit with the dumb platitudes. Try it once

You did not answer my question. If a choice is foreknowledge FOR CERTAIN can you choose otherwise at the moment of the choice. Try to actually address my question and quit with the dumb platitudes. Try it once
Are you having problem reading again?

Your first question was

Is a choice known for certain from all eternity actually a choice when it is made?

Yes it is was the answer

and your other question was answered with God's foreknowledge is certain

See I stated you would probably not understand

and lo and behold

Are you having problem reading again?

Your first question was

Is a choice known for certain from all eternity actually a choice when it is made?

Yes it is was the answer

and your other question was answered with God's foreknowledge is certain

See I stated you would probably not understand

and lo and behold
How? You CANNOT choose other than the choice that is known for certain. I was right. Way above your head

How? You CANNOT choose other than the choice that is known for certain. I was right. Way above your head
Apparently, you have no understanding of the difference between certainty and Necessity

Foreknowledge does not determine the act it simply knows what it is ahead of time

Apparently, you have no understanding of the difference between certainty and Necessity

Foreknowledge does not determine the act it simply knows what it is ahead of time
Your choices are foreknown and are certain. You cannot choose otherwise. Do you agree?

The implication is clear they believed - there is nothing in the passage that states their will failed
The will that fails:
........ 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

You just repeated yourself
Yes, because you missed it the first time.

Sethproton said:

The will that fails:
........ 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

You said this clearly indicates they were able to will it....

Yes, because you missed it the first time.

The will that fails:

You said this clearly indicates they were able to will it....
There is nothing to see there. It simply shows were not given the same grace as others

l

There is nothing to see there. It simply shows were not given the same grace as others

l
What grace were they not given? They had self generated faith these prophets and Kings no?
The will that fails:

You said the implication of this is that they believed and nothing indicates thei will failed, now you run away from what you said.

Show us how they were able to will, seeing what the Disciples saw and hearing what the Disciples heard and failing?

fltom said:

Back