What is Martin Luther's version of God?

Authentic Nouveau

Lutheran says

The courts got YOUR version of God out of the schools. There is no justifiable reason to teach everybody's children to honor YOUR God contradicting the religious training they might get at home.

How do you get people to accept some "standard that applies to all of us" unless the populace (or collective as you call it) think these standards are appropriate?
How many gods according to this denomination are there?

BJ Bear

Lutheran says

How many gods according to this denomination are there?
If the poster is Lutheran then the poster confesses the Creed and through the singing of A Mighty Fortress Is Our God the poster also confesses that apart from Christ there is no other God.

Looking at the thread, people may be writing past each other or there may be an element of youth or naivete regarding the practice of communists. The stories that I've heard from people who defected from communist countries when the cold war was still a thing are pretty consistent with what the other poster noted.

Bonnie

If the poster is Lutheran then the poster confesses the Creed and through the singing of A Mighty Fortress Is Our God the poster also confesses that apart from Christ there is no other God.

Looking at the thread, people may be writing past each other or there may be an element of youth or naivete regarding the practice of communists. The stories that I've heard from people who defected from communist countries when the cold war was still a thing are pretty consistent with what the other poster noted.
I know the poster--she has a Ph.D in genetics and did post-graduate work in virology. She
said she is ELCA and has very liberal leanings.

Last edited:

BJ Bear

I know the poster--she has a Ph.D in genetics and did post-graduate work in virology. She Saud she us ELCA and has very liberal leanings.
Ok. Then it seems that the poster is not familiar with communist custom toward Christianity.