What is Messianic Judaism

YeshuaFan

Well, in my experience and background, a Messianic Jew is simply a Jewish person who believes that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah of Israel.
He is the fulfillment of the old testament prophecies from Genesis to Malachi.

Which is what non-Jewish Jesus followers believe.....

There may indeed be cultural practices which differ, but in general, it's that simple.

And those cultural practices which differ from gentile Jesus followers are the Hebrew biblical festivals, which are held every year.
Are there some who see Jesus as Messiah, bit not as being very God, like a human only Messiah?

Open Heart

Are there some who see Jesus as Messiah, bit not as being very God, like a human only Messiah?
Yes, there are such MJ individuals who believe that J is the Messiah, but not God. But they tend to be individual, not congregations. The two main MJ sects, MJAA and UMJC, both affirm the divinity of J.

Anthony

I've studied Paul's epistles thoroughly. Paul DEMEANED the Law. He said it was up to the individual whether they ate food offered to idols or kept the shabbat. He taught that circumcision was meaningless. He said the law brings a curse. Sorry, but you can't get past that.
You also not able to understand Paul's writings.

YeshuaFan

Yes, there are such MJ individuals who believe that J is the Messiah, but not God. But they tend to be individual, not congregations. The two main MJ sects, MJAA and UMJC, both affirm the divinity of J.
Which one needs to do in order to be saved by real messiah!

Jewjitzu

you are the one who is telling that " story " not me..
You initiated with Jesus so I put an ending to your story. He didn't accomplish much. ;)

BTW, Do you parents know that you are using their Internet at all ?
No, I don't live at home with them.

Are you resorting to personal attacks now? Let me know so that I can get a tissue. And bon bons. Rotfl...

Last edited:

Open Heart

Which one needs to do in order to be saved by real messiah!
What do you mean "do." Believing something isn't really an action. Its a position. And nowhere in the Tanakh does it say anything about the necessity of believing in the messiah as a way to be saved from your sins.

SteveB

Yep, the original Nazarenes thought he was just a man, perfected himself, born naturally.
I find it curious that you make it sound like you know who Jesus is, from the first moment you heard.
the gospel of John makes it quite clear that Jesus was YHVH in flesh.
Micah the prophet makes it clear that the Messiah would be YHVH in flesh.
There are several prophetic passages, and the new testament that as they came to better know and understand Jesus, they came to view him as YHVH in flesh.

Jewjitzu

I find it curious that you make it sound like you know who Jesus is, from the first moment you heard.
Yes, born as a man. That quite settles it.

Actually, Christians have argued over this point for thousands of years, killed over it too. The Tanakh makes clear no man is God.

Really? You must have a different version.

There are several prophetic passages, and the new testament that as they came to better know and understand Jesus, they came to view him as YHVH in flesh.
Yeah, right. Rotfl...

Open Heart

But the book of John was written decades after J's death. Jewjitzu was talking about the Nazarenes, the Jewish believers who predate the writing of the book of John.

Exactly what verse in Micah "makes it clear that the Messiah would be God in the flesh"??? Chapter and verse please.

The Messiah, according to the Tanakh is a man. Just a man. God is not a man--that is made clear in the Tanakh.

Jewjitzu

But the book of John was written decades after J's death. Jewjitzu was talking about the Nazarenes, the Jewish believers who predate the writing of the book of John.

Exactly what verse in Micah "makes it clear that the Messiah would be God in the flesh"??? Chapter and verse please.

The Messiah, according to the Tanakh is a man. Just a man. God is not a man--that is made clear in the Tanakh.
Exactly. He's tried this before and it went nowhere.

rossh

You initiated with Jesus so I put an ending to your story. He didn't accomplish much. ;)

No, I don't live at home with them.

Are you resorting to personal attacks now? Let me know so that I can get a tissue. And bon bons. Rotfl...
Please, do not flatter yourself...
When you consider actually using and witnessing Scripture then, and only then, all will be right.
If you are a non believer, then why come here if not to argue, fuss ands fight?
God Bless you and save you.

Anthony

Law was never the way for any person to gte saved in OT!
Yes, that's exactly what Paul taught. First - faith in Messiah and then the works follow. But the unbelieving Jews make it opposite.

Abraham wasn't circumcised for 25 years since his walk with YHWH. He was righteous before he was circumcised. Circumcision was the seal of righteousness which he already had. This is what apostle Paul taught. These guys here think Paul was an apostate. They aren't able to understand his writings.

rossh

Yes, that's exactly what Paul taught. First - faith in Messiah and then the works follow. But the unbelieving Jews make it opposite.

Abraham wasn't circumcised for 25 years since his walk with YHWH. He was righteous before he was circumcised. Circumcision was the seal of righteousness which he already had. This is what apostle Paul taught. These guys here think Paul was an apostate. They aren't able to understand his writings.
all you guys never use Gods Word here ? Why not ? Do you all gave a better understanding of gods Word than even God has I wonder.. The Jews never made it, they were going along just fine then disobeyed God then God punished them and then they repented and this went on for thousands of years.. ( good/bad/punished/sorry/ good/bad/punished/sorry/ good/bad/punished/sorry/ etc; etc ; et al. )

9 What then? Are we Jews[a] any better off?[b] No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, 10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being[c] will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.