What is righteousness?

Try a different rub
The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul.
you did do this part, no?

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.

you did do this part, no?

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.
If you've bothered reading the context, blood cannot be eaten nor drunk, but only used as a means of atonement, not the only one. ;)

A better question or concern for you is the obligation to bring a sacrifice, blood, onto the altar, in Jerusalem, which never happened with Jesus' sacrifice. So, his sacrifice is not according to the commandments nor acceptable.

Thanks for playing. ;)

Didn't Jesus depend on the righteousness of his parents to be perfect, AG, on at least 3 commandments?
if so, wouldn't that be Lawful activity and count as "righteousness" for all involved?

federal...you get forced into stuff. Not my university
will be interesting to see how it all plays out

A better question or concern for you is...
why does Israel kill their prophets and repeatedly/habitually rebel against God?

"be holy because I am holy"
"be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect"

which branch of Judaism has the higher standard of righteousness?

if so, wouldn't that be Lawful activity and count as "righteousness" for all involved?
It shows Jesus depended on his parents for righteousness. His parents helped to save him. ;)

will be interesting to see how it all plays out
It's happening all over.

why does Israel kill their prophets and repeatedly/habitually rebel against God?
You didn't answer my question. Why not?

I don't recall all of the prophets being killed. But, fortunately there's always been a remnant.

is it unLawful/unrighteousness to speculate about who the Messiah might be?
No, one can image or supposed. But a better indicator are the signs of the times, rebuilding of the temple, the knowledge of God over the world, a scion of David following and teaching Torah, like in Deut 17:14-20.

so the Mosaic law separates some from other peoples to a certain extant
Separate to the worship of the one true God.

but does not make anyone Perfect (?) :(
Psalm 119:1 ASV
Blessed are they that are perfect in the way, Who walk in the law of Jehovah.

If you continue walking in the way. As was asked of Abraham -

Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

the Jesus/righteousness question? already answered...
His Righteousness is inherent to His Person
No, you didn't answer it. If it was inherent, he wouldn't have to work on it. ;)

And, he wouldn't have to rely on his parents righteousness to save him either. ;)

Luke 2:52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor (grace ;)with God and man.

You don't grow in grace with God if you're perfect already, or God. ;)

But my previous question was since you're pushing Leviticus 17:11 and sacrifices for atonement, then why didn't Jesus fulfill the law and apply his blood on the altar in the temple in Jerusalem? A sacrifice is a waste otherwise ?. Besides the fact that human sacrifices aren't acceptable anyway. ;)

But more importantly, when are you going to admit that God counts us as righteous for keeping the laws? It's been proven to you.

that's the same Person that said,
"be Holy as I am Holy" and
"be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect"
Rotfl... you wish.

Last edited:
Separate to the worship of the one true God.
gentile believers in the one true God don't have to observe the Mosaic law
it separated Israel from the other Nations to a certain extent and for a time

Psalm 119:1 ASV
Blessed are they that are perfect in the way, Who walk in the law of Jehovah.
If you continue walking in the way. As was asked of Abraham -
Genesis 17:1
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
oh, "the way" huh?
where have I heard that before...?

Abraham had no Mosaic law either - didn't need it

God counts us as righteous for keeping God's laws?
God says Israel broke that covenant Jeremiah 31
guess they didn't/don't keep God's laws to the standard God requires and was agreed to at Sinai

not Perfect yet :(
keep trying...

gentile believers in the one true God don't have to observe the Mosaic law
it separated Israel from the other Nations to a certain extent and for a time
If you want to be part of Israel, grafted, you do, Isaiah 56:1-8. That was the whole point of Acts 15. Initial commandments on the way to full observance.

oh, "the way" huh?
where have I heard that before...?
Originally from the Jews.

Abraham had no Mosaic law either - didn't need it
He had his laws including circumcision.

God says Israel broke that covenant Jeremiah 31
guess they didn't/don't keep God's laws to the standard God requires and was agreed to at Sinai
And yet the same laws, covenant, is written on the hearts and minds. It's an eternal law and covenant. God's law accounts for sin. ;)

not Perfect yet :(
keep trying...
That's why a continuous walk is required. Jesus needed to be perfected as well, and the original Nazarenes understood that as noted by Eusebius in Ecclesiastical History of the Church. ;) And the NT notes that as well.

Jesus' sacrifice wasn't perfect. It fell short off the altar. :(

Back