What Is The Basis For Your Mormon Faith?

RCM

Mormons, what is the basis for your Faith?

It can't be the Book of Mormon, because there is no historical nor archaeological evidence to support the battles that are claimed to have taken place at Hill Cumorah in New York State, so you can't put your faith in the Book of Mormon

It can't be Joseph Smith, because he translated the Book of Mormon, and claimed that it was the most correct book of any on earth, and Joseph Smith also taught that the lands around the Mississippi River and East were the lands of the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and no historical nor archaeological evidence has ever been found to support any of the Book of Mormon's claims in North America, besides, Joseph Smith also claimed he had done more for the Church than even Jesus, so Joseph Smith is exposed as a false prophet and you can't put your faith in him

It can't be the Mormon Church, the Prophet or Apostles, because they were clearly exposed as gullible ordinary men by the forgeries of Mark Hoffman, not to mention that the Mormon Church GA and Apologists are trying to sell the faithful the story that Central America is where Book of Mormon geography is really located, regardless of the fact that all early Mormon Historical writings reference the Mississippi River Valley and Eastern North America, so you can't trust the Mormon Church or the GA and put your faith in them

So, Mormons, what is the basis for your faith, or have you believed a lie?

RCM

Mormons, what is the basis for your Faith?

It can't be the Book of Mormon, because there is no historical nor archaeological evidence to support the battles that are claimed to have taken place at Hill Cumorah in New York State, so you can't put your faith in the Book of Mormon

It can't be Joseph Smith, because he translated the Book of Mormon, and claimed that it was the most correct book of any on earth, and Joseph Smith also taught that the lands around the Mississippi River and East were the lands of the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and no historical nor archaeological evidence has ever been found to support any of the Book of Mormon's claims in North America, besides, Joseph Smith also claimed he had done more for the Church than even Jesus, so Joseph Smith is exposed as a false prophet and you can't put your faith in him

It can't be the Mormon Church, the Prophet or Apostles, because they were clearly exposed as gullible ordinary men by the forgeries of Mark Hoffman, not to mention that the Mormon Church GA and Apologists are trying to sell the faithful the story that Central America is where Book of Mormon geography is really located, regardless of the fact that all early Mormon Historical writings reference the Mississippi River Valley and Eastern North America, so you can't trust the Mormon Church or the GA and put your faith in them

So, Mormons, what is the basis for your faith, or have you believed a lie?

RCM
I read the Book of Mormon, and prayed to know if it was true. I got an answer. That's it!

I read the Book of Mormon a few years after being baptized. When I prayed to the True God about the Book of Mormon and all of Mormonism, God told me to read the Bible.

Psalm 119:11
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I read the Book of Mormon, and prayed to know if it was true. I got an answer. That's it!

Question for you,

How credible would the Biblical New Testament be if there were no historical nor archaeological evidence for the Roman Empire anywhere in the world? No evidence whatsoever that the Roman Empire had ever even existed? What if the only reference of Caesar and of the dynasty of the Romans and Roman soldiers could only be found in the Biblical New Testament?

If there were no Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah in New York never happened, what does that say about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith?

If you prayed about a book that has accounts about civilizations that are not known to have ever existed, but you got an answer that it is true, where did the answer come from?

RCM

Question for you,

How credible would the Biblical New Testament be if there were no historical nor archaeological evidence for the Roman Empire anywhere in the world? No evidence whatsoever that the Roman Empire had ever even existed? What if the only reference of Caesar and of the dynasty of the Romans and Roman soldiers could only be found in the Biblical New Testament?
Objectively? Very little. But, I don't need objective evidence to accept a message sent from God, do I?
Isn't that why Jesus could perform miracles for some...because they lacked faith, saying "Isn’t this the carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joses,a Judas, and Simon? Aren’t His sisters here with us as well?"

Using our personal judgment to discount God's message as a thing of naught is what it means to rely on the arm of the flesh.

Isa 55: 8-9:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

If there were no Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah in New York never happened, what does that say about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith?
Not that I'm agreeing with your premise here, but....Jesus taught a lot of parables. Many of which are referenced in sermons as if they actually happened - the prodigal Son, the unjust judge, parable of the sower....Does it matter if it really happened or not, or is it the principle that Jesus was teaching that counts?

With the answer of that question in mind, consider this question - why is the Book of Mormon the most correct book on earth, according to Joseph Smith? Because "a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”
If this is wrong, please identify what precepts taught in the Book of Mormon are contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
If you prayed about a book that has accounts about civilizations that are not known to have ever existed, but you got an answer that it is true, where did the answer come from?
This is hypothetical, and I haven't, nor ever seen the need. So....

Objectively? Very little. But, I don't need objective evidence to accept a message sent from God, do I?

How do you discern if something is a lie?

Isn't that why Jesus could perform miracles for some...because they lacked faith, saying "Isn’t this the carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joses,a Judas, and Simon? Aren’t His sisters here with us as well?"

Miracles are verifiable evidence because there are witnesses

Where are the witnesses for Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah?

Using our personal judgment to discount God's message as a thing of naught is what it means to rely on the arm of the flesh.

Are you kidding me, the Bible is God's revelation of truth, so that we can know what true truth is and make good personal judgments and decisions

Isa 55: 8-9:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

You are using the Bible in an attempt to explain why the Book of Mormon has no historical nor archaeological evidence?

Look at the evidence God has allowed us to find, like the Dead Sea Scrolls, and all the archaeological finds in Israel and the Middle East that confirm the reliability of the Biblical Scriptures.

Why has not one thing been found regarding the Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah?

Not that I'm agreeing with your premise here, but....Jesus taught a lot of parables. Many of which are referenced in sermons as if they actually happened - the prodigal Son, the unjust judge, parable of the sower....Does it matter if it really happened or not, or is it the principle that Jesus was teaching that counts?

The Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and Hill Cumorah are not parables

Since there is no known historical evidence of the Nephites, then the accounts in 3 Nephi are fiction which proves the Mormon Jesus is not the same as the Biblical Jesus

The Biblical God the Father does not have Lucifer for a son!

With the answer of that question in mind, consider this question - why is the Book of Mormon the most correct book on earth, according to Joseph Smith? Because "a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

Again, the Book of Mormon has no historical nor archaeological evidence to support its claims

Many of the Book of Mormon precepts regarding the Biblical God and Biblical Jesus were plagiarized from the Bible

If this is wrong, please identify what precepts taught in the Book of Mormon are contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

False Witnesses! (Acts 1:8)

You are claiming that the Nephites are witnesses of Jesus coming to North America. If the Nephites were true witnesses of God, there would be historical and archaeological evidence of their existence, especially where there was a significant battle at a specific location testified to by Joseph Smith

Mormons brag about witnesses and testimonies all the time. I see it on here and I hear it all the time from relatives and friends. Where are the witnesses of historical and archaeological evidence for the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and Hill Cumorah?

This is hypothetical, and I haven't, nor ever seen the need. So....

No, this isn't hypothetical, the answer came from somewhere, or someone,

Who would confirm a lie as being the truth?

RCM

How do you discern if something is a lie?
Then it doesn't produce the fruits of the Spirit.
(See Gal 5:22-23; Alma 32)

Miracles are verifiable evidence because there are witnesses
True. But if a miracle is not able to be produced due to the lack of faith, wouldn't that justify Jesus critics to prove he wasn't who he said he was?
This is the dangerous slippery slope of sign-seeking.

Moreover, not all miracles are made known unto the world, but rather personal things.
Where are the witnesses for Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah?
Archeology is up for interpretation just like anything else.

Are you kidding me, the Bible is God's revelation of truth, so that we can know what true truth is and make good personal judgments and decisions
Oh, but how do you know? Is it because Jerusalem exists, or is it the fruits in your life by living according to Jesus' teachings?

You are using the Bible in an attempt to explain why the Book of Mormon has no historical nor archaeological evidence?
So a principle is only true if it supports your narrative, or something?
Go watch the Zeitgeist movie to show how modern-day Christianity could be a complete con-job. Then come talk to me about archeological evidence. In the end, people just choose what they want to believe. Else, we all become atheists - because believing in God requires faith.

Look at the evidence God has allowed us to find, like the Dead Sea Scrolls, and all the archaeological finds in Israel and the Middle East that confirm the reliability of the Biblical Scriptures.
And this is the anchor for your testimony?
Did Peter search genealogy before determining Jesus was who he said he was? Or did something other than flesh and blood give him a witness?

Why has not one thing been found regarding the Jaredites, Lamanites, or Nephites, and the battles at Hill Cumorah?
Who says it hasn't? I don't think God's intent with the Book of Mormon was to give lessons in archeology.

The Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and Hill Cumorah are not parables
The stories are absolutely analogous to the journey of drawing closer to God, and overcoming the adversary.

Since there is no known historical evidence of the Nephites, then the accounts in 3 Nephi are fiction which proves the Mormon Jesus is not the same as the Biblical Jesus
Because you don't understanding something, then it's fiction? How "flat earth" of you.

Agreed.

Again, the Book of Mormon has no historical nor archaeological evidence to support its claims
Ok. I'm not an archeologist, so I'm not going to attempt to argue that point. Nor, did I say it was a reason I believed.

Many of the Book of Mormon precepts regarding the Biblical God and Biblical Jesus were plagiarized from the Bible
Agreed. Why would God contradict himself?
When you get the answer other mormon believers have, then we'll talk. It's rather unmistakable.

False Witnesses! (Acts 1:8)
???
You are claiming that the Nephites are witnesses of Jesus coming to North America. If the Nephites were true witnesses of God, there would be historical and archaeological evidence of their existence, especially where there was a significant battle at a specific location testified to by Joseph Smith
I'm sorry, I missed that verse of scripture where physical evidence is required to believe.
Mormons brag about witnesses and testimonies all the time. I see it on here and I hear it all the time from relatives and friends. Where are the witnesses of historical and archaeological evidence for the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and Hill Cumorah?
I'm not sure if it's bragging. For me, it's more of a duty. God let me know the Book of Mormon is true. I can understand why you'd have a hard time with that. The text itself is the evidence. (Moroni 10:3-5)
No, this isn't hypothetical, the answer came from somewhere, or someone,
???
Who would confirm a lie as being the truth?
Satan and his followers, but discerning truth isn't as obvious as it may seem. Hence, Jesus frequently tied judging others as hypocrisy.
Maybe we should just trust Jesus knew what he was talking about, eh?

Then it doesn't produce the fruits of the Spirit.
(See Gal 5:22-23; Alma 32)

You claim that you can discern a lie when it doesn't produce the fruits of the Spirit

Good, so lets see how Joseph Smith measures up?

(1) Joseph Smith had 37 wives from 1841-1843,

Now is that more reflective of Galatians 5:22-23, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control," or Galatians 5:19, "the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry?"

(2) Joseph Smith taught that the lands around the Mississippi River and East were the lands of the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and no historical nor archaeological evidence has ever been found, none!

(3) Here is a direct quote from Joseph Smith towards the end of his life,

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)

It looks like,

(1) Joseph Smith is guilty of fornication

(2) Joseph Smith is guilty of lying

(3) Joseph Smith is guilty of blasphemy

How do you see it?

RCM

You claim that you can discern a lie when it doesn't produce the fruits of the Spirit

Good, so lets see how Joseph Smith measures up?

(1) Joseph Smith had 37 wives from 1841-1843,

Now is that more reflective of Galatians 5:22-23, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control," or Galatians 5:19, "the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry?"
Notice, no teaching is brought up that is currently believed, just an ad hom. Sad.
Strawman.

(2) Joseph Smith taught that the lands around the Mississippi River and East were the lands of the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, and no historical nor archaeological evidence has ever been found, none!
And that has to do what with Galatians 5:22?

(3) Here is a direct quote from Joseph Smith towards the end of his life,

"Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go." (History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)
Yep. I dare say Joseph Smith lost it toward the end, but we're not members of the Church of Joseph Smith of Latter-Day Saints, are we?

It looks like,

(1) Joseph Smith is guilty of fornication

(2) Joseph Smith is guilty of lying

(3) Joseph Smith is guilty of blasphemy
Jesus was accused of the last 2. If Jesus came in today's day and age, I'm sure more would have been made up about him.

Appearances according to the judgment of the world is misleading. All that matter is this: if God sent you a message, would you listen or be cynical? Regardless of whoever is evil and who is not, it's really about you and God. Nothing else matters.

Notice, no teaching is brought up that is currently believed, just an ad hom. Sad.
Strawman.

Yep. I dare say Joseph Smith lost it toward the end, but we're not members of the Church of Joseph Smith of Latter-Day Saints, are we?

Jesus was accused of the last 2. If Jesus came in today's day and age, I'm sure more would have been made up about him.

Appearances according to the judgment of the world is misleading. All that matter is this: if God sent you a message, would you listen or be cynical? Regardless of whoever is evil and who is not, it's really about you and God. Nothing else matters.
You can’t follow false prophets and Christ at the same time, Aaron. Make a choice.

Strawman.

Joseph Smith is the foundation for your religion and he fails your Galatians 5 litmus test

Joseph Smith fails your standard that you put forth for the basis on determining whether something is a lie or not

Joseph Smith was only 38 years old when he was killed,

He was not senile, he had not changed, his true character which he had kept under wraps, it just rose to the surface

Joseph Smith's statement reveals the fact that he was not a true prophet of the Biblical God! (You need to think about this)

Aaron, you are being ridiculous, there is a big difference between Jesus being accused and having Joseph Smith's words of blasphemy in print!

Appearances according to the judgment of the world is misleading. All that matter is this: if God sent you a message, would you listen or be cynical?

You have listened to the message from Joseph Smith

This same Joseph Smith who gave you the Book of Mormon, also blasphemed the Biblical Jesus

Joseph Smith's words against Jesus are not the words of a true prophet of the Biblical God

How do you know that you can trust what he claims to have translated into the Book of Mormon???

James 3:11, "Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? "

Regardless of whoever is evil and who is not, it's really about you and God. Nothing else matters.

Aaron, true truth matters a whole lot

And a person who claimed to be a prophet, but it can be proven that he blasphemed the Biblical Jesus, do you really want to follow this prophet?

You made a reference to what the LDS Church currently believes

The LDS Church stands or falls on Joseph Smith!

RCM

Archeology is up for interpretation just like anything else.

Aaron, this doesn't even begin to measure up to anything credible at all

The LDS have been doing this for years, anything they can put together to try and encourage the faithful in their belief

You know what we are challenging Mormons for, where are the Cumorah battlefield archaeological artifacts?

If the two great battle accounts actually took place at Hill Cumorah that the Book of Mormon references, there should be two Museum's full of historical artifacts

If one significant ancient sword was found near Hill Cumorah, the LDS Church would have an archaeological team all over that place

Also, you know that as much emphasis that the Book of Mormon puts on the ancient prophets who kept record and passed it on to the future generations and the emphasis on the plates of Nephi, that some type of ancient historical written account referencing even one of the prophets and the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, should have been found!

RCM

Oh, but how do you know? Is it because Jerusalem exists, or is it the fruits in your life by living according to Jesus' teachings?

How do I know that the Bible is true truth?

God tells us in Isaiah 41:21-24 that fulfilled prophecy is the key for determining who is the True God!

21 "Present your case," the LORD says. "Bring forward your strong arguments," The King of Jacob says.
22 Let them bring forth and declare to us what is going to take place; As for the former events, declare what they were, That we may consider them and know their outcome. Or announce to us what is coming;
23 Declare the things that are going to come afterward, That we may know that you are gods; Indeed, do good or evil, that we may anxiously look about us and fear together.

24 Behold, you are of no account, And your work amounts to nothing; He who chooses you is an abomination.

There are multiple prophecies concerning the first coming of Jesus that were literally fulfilled

There are multiple prophecies concerning Jesus second coming that will be literally fulfilled

Prophecy is history pre-written, and only the Biblical God has done that!

Let me give you an example from the Biblical Book of Daniel. Daniel was written prior to 530 B.C. and Daniel is so explicit in prophecy that the critics want to date Daniel as late as the 200s or 100s B.C., because no one knows the future that precisely

How do we know Daniel was written a lot earlier? The Jewish historical record, the Septuagint, there is even an account about a conversation between Alexander the Great and a Jewish Priest or official, and the Jew showed Alexander the Great what was written about him in the Book of Daniel, not to mention the fact that Jesus references Daniel personally

Even though Joseph Smith plagiarized much of the OT and NT into the Book of Mormon account, the Book of Mormon has absolutely no prophecy that isn't first found in the Bible, why, because the Biblical God is not the true source of the Book of Mormon!

RCM

So a principle is only true if it supports your narrative, or something?
Go watch the Zeitgeist movie to show how modern-day Christianity could be a complete con-job.

People who reject the Biblical God and the Biblical Word are suppressing substantial truth God has made available to them (Romans 1:18-25)

Also here is Luke 16:27-31,
27 "And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house—
28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
29 "But Abraham *said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'
30 "But he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!'
31 "But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.'"

See the importance God puts on His true prophetic Word! A true prophet's words have verifiable evidence in Fulfillment!

Think about this for a moment, God is saying His Biblical Word is greater verifiable evidence than you seeing someone rise from the dead!

Then come talk to me about archeological evidence. In the end, people just choose what they want to believe. Else, we all become atheists - because believing in God requires faith.

Sorry,

True Faith is based upon True Truth

Truth is based upon verifiable evidence

It is the same way with 'Hope,' you have the hope that is associated with the world which is a wishful longing that circumstances will turn out in a favorable way

Then you have the 'Living Hope' that Peter talks about in 1 Peter, which is as sure as the sun coming up tomorrow!

Faith in the Biblical God is as sure as the sun coming up tomorrow, it is not a worldly type of hope-so faith

RCM

The stories are absolutely analogous to the journey of drawing closer to God, and overcoming the adversary.

So, are you saying the Book of Mormon accounts concerning the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, are historical myth?

RCM

Last edited:
RCM said:

So, I am curious about your response here, please expound on this,

Are you disagreeing with Mormon teaching? Because Mormon teaching clearly portrays satan/lucifer as the second offspring of the Mormon Eternal Father

RCM

Aaron, this doesn't even begin to measure up to anything credible at all
I've yet to see a scriptural premise from you that defines "credible". When you have it, let me know. Otherwise, I'm just chalking it up to your opinion.

The LDS have been doing this for years, anything they can put together to try and encourage the faithful in their belief

You know what we are challenging Mormons for, where are the Cumorah battlefield archaeological artifacts?

If the two great battle accounts actually took place at Hill Cumorah that the Book of Mormon references, there should be two Museum's full of historical artifacts

If one significant ancient sword was found near Hill Cumorah, the LDS Church would have an archaeological team all over that place
I'm not sure if you know this, but Mormonism is not Protestant Christianity. It's the "philosophies of man mingled with scripture" is the whole reason we reject the doctrine of the Trinity. Please stop projecting your religion on to my religion.
D&C 29:7 "...for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;"
IMHO - If you have to be compelled to believe by human logic and reason in order to believe, you're probably not sufficiently humble.
Also, you know that as much emphasis that the Book of Mormon puts on the ancient prophets who kept record and passed it on to the future generations and the emphasis on the plates of Nephi,
That's true. But in the stories of the Book of Mormon, what did the warning prophets say about their predecessors and why they should believed?
Generally the reasoning was to have faith, trust in the fruits of the spirit, take the warnings borne out of priesthood authority, seriously.
that some type of ancient historical written account referencing even one of the prophets and the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, should have been found!
Actually, I believe God gave us the Book of Mormon in the way that he did for people to actually find true faith:
Ether 4:
13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.
14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.

How do I know that the Bible is true truth?

God tells us in Isaiah 41:21-24 that fulfilled prophecy is the key for determining who is the True God!

21 "Present your case," the LORD says. "Bring forward your strong arguments," The King of Jacob says.
22 Let them bring forth and declare to us what is going to take place; As for the former events, declare what they were, That we may consider them and know their outcome. Or announce to us what is coming;
23 Declare the things that are going to come afterward, That we may know that you are gods; Indeed, do good or evil, that we may anxiously look about us and fear together.

24 Behold, you are of no account, And your work amounts to nothing; He who chooses you is an abomination.

There are multiple prophecies concerning the first coming of Jesus that were literally fulfilled
And yet, there were still very knowledgeable Jews that didn't believe. It was so obvious, why is that?
There are multiple prophecies concerning Jesus second coming that will be literally fulfilled
And yet, we have seen bible scholars make prediction based on their interpretation of the Bible, and they were dead wrong. Why is that if the interpretation of the Bible is indisputable and plainly obvious?

If you can't acknowledge how bias plays a role in our beliefs, then you missed a lesson in critical thinking and identifying truth.

Prophecy is history pre-written, and only the Biblical God has done that!
Agreed, but see my first question above.
I could give a scriptural basis on the Book of Mormon and the apostasy and restoration of the priesthood is fulfilled, but you'd simply mock people. PEople see what they want to see. This is why prophets were stoned by their own people in the Bible.
Let me give you an example from the Biblical Book of Daniel. Daniel was written prior to 530 B.C. and Daniel is so explicit in prophecy that the critics want to date Daniel as late as the 200s or 100s B.C., because no one knows the future that precisely

How do we know Daniel was written a lot earlier? The Jewish historical record, the Septuagint, there is even an account about a conversation between Alexander the Great and a Jewish Priest or official, and the Jew showed Alexander the Great what was written about him in the Book of Daniel, not to mention the fact that Jesus references Daniel personally
Again, you're missing the heart of your fallacy. If what Daniel wrote was so obvious, why did knowledgeable Jews reject Jesus.
It takes more than flesh and blood to discern the truth. IMO - It's a safer course to possess the behaviors and attributes taught in the beatitudes, and be humble.
Can I acknowledge that I might be plausibly wrong? Sure. It's a possibility. I can accept that. If so, what is it that is required of me? That's why I've learned biblical Christianity and ensure I've paid the upmost farthing so that I can remain blameless according to both God and man. Still, I can't deny the answer God has given of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

Even though Joseph Smith plagiarized much of the OT and NT into the Book of Mormon account, the Book of Mormon has absolutely no prophecy that isn't first found in the Bible, why, because the Biblical God is not the true source of the Book of Mormon!
Maybe the Book of Mormon wasn't written to replace the Bible, but rather to testify of it, adding an additional witness of the divinity of Jesus Christ. Why is that such a problem for you?

So, are you saying the Book of Mormon accounts concerning the Jaredites, Lamanites, and Nephites, are historical myth?
Not necessarily. Yet, there is deep symbolism if one reads the Book of Mormon with an archetypal understanding. Certain characters are given similar names that fulfill similar roles in the various stories. Certain names of places represent characteristic of people throughout the Book of Mormon. When you find such things, it's difficult to believe that Joseph Smith made it up on the fly while staring into his hat. Just sayin'.

RCM said:

So, I am curious about your response here, please expound on this,

Are you disagreeing with Mormon teaching? Because Mormon teaching clearly portrays satan/lucifer as the second offspring of the Mormon Eternal Father
Well, I'm not your typical mormon. I don't support the cultural beliefs carried within the Mormon community. I determine official "Mormon doctrine" when scriptures, priesthood authority, and personal revelation align. I'm fairly alone in many of my views.

I don't believe in Heavenly Mother, or teachings that became popular in the early 1900's after Brigham Young's death. Eliza R Snow (from which the idea originated) was not ordained as a prophetess, nor was the teaching sustained by the quorum of the Twelve. The King Follett Discourse says no spirits are created, but rather, we exist on a self-existent principle, just like God. The term "Father" is more symbolic than literal. We can be children of Christ, just as we can be children of the Devil. It goes a lot deeper.

Some people accuse of me not being a "real" mormon, or that I'm somehow white-washing my beliefs. That's just projection. I'm just a seeker of truth. The "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" is not the same as "Church of the Firstborn". God only reveals what people are willing to accept. One day cultural mormons will wake up...I hope. But who knows?

Back