what is the definition of science?

Nouveau

that you actually grasp what a strawman is.

As I recall, he was a scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
A strawman is a willful misrepresentation of another's arguments or position.

Anyone who needs an example can simply read your posts.

In the meantime, we still have no examples from you of atheists here treating science as a religion.

SteveB

A strawman is a willful misrepresentation of another's arguments or position.

Anyone who needs an example can simply read your posts.

In the meantime, we still have no examples from you of atheists here treating science as a religion.
Then apparently it's not a strawman. There's nothing willful about what I'm stating.
I simply make observations, based on the perspective I have, and then state what I observe.

Nouveau

Then apparently it's not a strawman. There's nothing willful about what I'm stating.
I simply make observations, based on the perspective I have, and then state what I observe.
So your misrepresentations are accidental?

Again, passing off your absurd strawmen as 'observations' doesn't fly.

And we still have no examples to support your OP claim.

SteveB

So your misrepresentations are accidental?

Again, passing off your absurd strawmen as 'observations' doesn't fly.

And we still have no examples to support your OP claim.
I saw a rather interesting point yesterday.

If you're not mature enough to understand what a perspective is and what a difference of perspective is, you're too immature to be here on an adult forum.

Nouveau

I saw a rather interesting point yesterday.

If you're not mature enough to understand what a perspective is and what a difference of perspective is, you're too immature to be here on an adult forum.
So why are you still here, given that you don't understand the difference between perspective and misrepresentation?

And why are you still unable to support your OP claim with any examples?

SteveB

So why are you still here, given that you don't understand the difference between perspective and misrepresentation?

And why are you still unable to support your OP claim with any examples?
I'm not the one having a problem with the concept of perspective.

Nouveau

I'm not the one having a problem with the concept of perspective.
You are very much the one having a problem with perspective. You keep wrongly thinking that perspective entitles you to blatantly misrepresent what others are saying to you.

SteveB

You are very much the one having a problem with perspective. You keep wrongly thinking that perspective entitles you to blatantly misrepresent what others are saying to you.
So, it's acceptable for you to think that you are entitled to wrongly malign and misrepresent the biblical truth of Jesus and God, but Nobody is ever allowed to call you to the carpet about it when you do it?

Curious how that works.

Nouveau

So, it's acceptable for you to think that you are entitled to wrongly malign and misrepresent the biblical truth of Jesus and God, but Nobody is ever allowed to call you to the carpet about it when you do it?

Curious how that works.
No, you're just strawmanning again. If you ever find me doing the above you're more than welcome to quote me and call me out on it. But you never do. And you still have no examples supporting your OP claim.

The Pixie

Curious how that works.
Steve, it is very clear to anyone reading this thread that you have no examples of atheists actually saying what you are claiming they say.

This whole thread is founded on that straw man, followed by post after post by you pretending otherwise. Let it go.

SteveB

Steve, it is very clear to anyone reading this thread that you have no examples of atheists actually saying what you are claiming they say.
atheists are constantly misrepresenting and maligning biblical truth.
the very concept of atheist is a misrepresentation of biblical truth.

This whole thread is founded on that straw man, followed by post after post by you pretending otherwise. Let it go.
I'm not the one having a problem here.
If you don't like it--- you let it go. No one forced you to read this op.

SteveB

No, you're just strawmanning again. If you ever find me doing the above you're more than welcome to quote me and call me out on it. But you never do. And you still have no examples supporting your OP claim.
Your entire tact has been maligning and misrepresenting biblical truth.

Until you come follow Jesus, you're going to continue misrepresenting, and maligning biblical truth. It's the nature of atheistic ideas.

The Pixie

atheists are constantly misrepresenting and maligning biblical truth.
the very concept of atheist is a misrepresentation of biblical truth.
So very different to your claim in the OP. Remember that?

"Numerous atheists here keep throwing around the word- science--- as though it's a religious idea to be worshiped, and idolized.
It's gotten really old, and is embarrassing."

The truth is that no atheists around here do that. Hence, you have to change to this very different claim about atheists.

I'm not the one having a problem here.
If you don't like it--- you let it go. No one forced you to read this op.
Well, clearly you have abandoned the claim of the OP.

SteveB

So very different to your claim in the OP. Remember that?
Actually, I simply stated my observations.
This is the problem I think most atheists have.....
It's acceptable for them to state their observations, regardless of how wrong they are, but it's not acceptable for others to do the same.
Why is that?

"Numerous atheists here keep throwing around the word- science--- as though it's a religious idea to be worshiped, and idolized.
It's gotten really old, and is embarrassing."

The truth is that no atheists around here do that. Hence, you have to change to this very different claim about atheists.

Well, clearly you have abandoned the claim of the OP.
So, you guys can drag ops kicking and screaming into the bins of death, so you don't have to consider the ideas presented, but when others call you on it, a crime has been committed?
Again....
Why is that?

Andy Sist

So, you guys can drag ops kicking and screaming into the bins of death, so you don't have to consider the ideas presented, but when others call you on it, a crime has been committed?
Reading this thread it's obvious others have called you on your false claim atheists treat science as a religion. You seem to be the only one kicking and screaming.

SteveB

Reading this thread it's obvious others have called you on your false claim atheists treat science as a religion. You seem to be the only one kicking and screaming.
Yep.
People whose atheist world views are based on lies, fraud, and deception.
So, I'm not really bothered by it.

SteveB

It seems pretty obvious you are not bothered when others call you on your own lies, fraud, and deception. Pot, kettle, black.
I'm not bothered by people who accuse me, who themselves live in lies, fraud, deception.....
What I find sad is that they have no problem living in lies, fraud and deception.